Wtf did I just listen to?

Wtf did I just listen to?

Are you on fucking meth. That is one of the worst records in written history

>tfw you will never hear a better snare mix

Literally and unironically this

A cry for help

The drums on St. Anger sound legit good though. Heavy Albini vibes.

I would love to hear Spiderland with St Anger snares

You guys. No layers of irony, this is why I come back to Sup Forums.

An above average album for every band that is not Metallica. But since everyone expects them to have 20 minute songs with 300 guitar solos everyone hates it.
>insert the dankest of snare memes here

>20 minute songs with 300 guitar solos
You are confusing Metallica with Dream Theater

FRAN-

No I hate it because of the vocals and lyrics and shifty production

KILL KILL KILL KILL

When this album was a massive meme here like last year or whenever it was, was legitimately the peak of Sup Forums

Everything before Load was METAL UP YOUR ASS; everything after Black Album was METAL OUT MUH ASS.

>all that DALE, infected Mushroom and Hopsin posting

I think this is legitimately the most interesting thing they've released since the 80s. It's mesmerising in its awfulness. The way the shitty little riffs that would be insubstantial in a 2 minute song but go on and on for 8 minutes. The bizarre mixing that emphasises how cringey hetfield's vocals/ the lyrics are. Obviously the drums. Some Kind of Monster is a fascinating insight into it too.

That's the real reason their new single is disappointing. Not because it's bad - anyone could've predicted that. Because it's not bad enough. Where do you go after St Anger and Lulu? Mediocrity is not enough. I want something so bad it's actually intriguing.

Minus the drums, I don't really mind Some Kind of Monster and St. Anger. It's clearly not there best work, but imo it's not utter shit.
The way they did the snare might have been interesting if it was just on like one song on the album, but not the whole album. Oddly enough, it sort of sounds like something that would fit on a Slipknot album since they sometimes use beer kegs and shit.

I remember downloading the "leak" of this from a DC++ hub
It turned out to be fake but I enjoyed the fake one more than the actual release.

trips of truth, is it time to bring it back?

I fucking love this album cover, it's hilarious. Every time I see it I giggle. Didn't realise it was memed here, guess that passed me by

>2003 was 13 years ago

I thought this was a meme post for a second then I realised its true and I'm in my mid 20s now

What am I doing with my life :(