/cfb/ up all night general - OSU edition

Tell me something not reported by the so-called "sports media," user.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=imhH86mFgHw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Michigan is shit

/thread

organizing a mass suicide soon.

You know, he's got a point.

when a PAC-12 team wins the NCG, it'll be the last team anyone expected, like Stanford, or Utah.

6th for Gators will win the East

Will Urban win one for da 'Bus?

fpbp

Who else /OhioStateStudent/?

Just fuck my shit up, sanpai.

Good morning, Sup Forums.

Is Hurr State done for good?

>tfw you'll never join the SEC
>tfw you'll never even leave the ACC
We'll save the Big 12 if you give us a chance!

they have a good team lined up this year and they could get a big 12 invite

>no major conference will ever bite on your meme football success

Oh well, weeknight games and annual trips to Detroit are good times.

Geography, soonpai.
Geography, soonpai
YA KNOW, legit maybe, I think the MAC is a little too far down the totem pole, and no original MAC team has every moved anywhere, even as MW/CUSA/AAC/SBC teams jump all over the place, Get into one of those and we'll talk.

Who will win the sec west this year? Are bama and ole miss facing sanctions?

Join AAC when Cincinnati leaves

That would be their smartest move, but haven't the original MAC teams remained unmoved since the Roosevelt administration?

Official playoff prediction:

1. UGA
2. Clemson
3. Alabama
4. Oklahoma

>Two SEC teams
Reality does not work that way.

They added West Virginia

>Alabama
>USC
>Ohio State
>Oklahoma

Without memeing, post a better playoff. This would be absolute GOAT.

>Oklahomo
>Playoffs
They better not show their faces considering what happened last year

Ohio University is the only original member remaining.

But members in the MAC do tend to stay a while. Northern Illinois is a newer member. Anyone with half a brain would ditch that conference because it's going no where. I only like Northern Illinois for football but I don't know how it will fit for basketball. AAC originally invited East Carolina as a football only member because the AAC wanted to keep a strong basketball conference ( UConn, Temple, Memphis, Cincinnati, SMU). Perhaps they can just invite NIU football only

Alabama and UGA both go undefeated in dominating fashion and UGA beats bama in a close SECCG = they both get in.

>UGA

Nice meme there, user

How so? They've finally got a good coach and the best quarterback in the country. They are absolutely stacked top to bottom.

>best quarterback in the country

There's your problem, user

>GA
>undefeated

bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahaha

Basketballs actually about to catch up to football. We just had our first 20-win season in I forget how long, and 2 of the regular starters were freshmen. We'll see how next year goes, but hopes are high for another solid season.

>best quarterback in the country

Jacob Eason you ignorant fuck.

youtube.com/watch?v=imhH86mFgHw

that is literally the best spring practice of any freshman QB in history at any school. look at that 3rd throw (around the 2 minute mark) and tell me thats not the best pass you've ever seen from a freshman.

>spring practice

Just stop.

>the Big 12 added WVU
And they look like fuckin' morons for doing so. Fuckin' meme-ass team and their OMG desirable West Virginia media market.

They need to boot those fuckers ASAP.

>greatest
How does OU get held up as some sort of end-all for superior teams? They're not even the best team in their own conference.

Just saying it's not that big of a stretch
If they get Clemson they probably also get Florida State

How long has NIU even been there, the only MAC movement I can remember is Marshall coming and going pretty quickly, they were only a member for like two years or something, and this current UMass mess. Other than that, membership has been 100% more static than literally every other FBS conference.

Plus, a MAC school jumping to the AAC over a CUSA school would piss a lot of people off, and that's fun too.

The committee is under no obligation to pick 1-2-3-4, they pick the conference champions with the best record. In your scenario, Bama is out.

Your SEC arrogance is predictably refreshing, though.

I think the part you're forgetting is that you're Georgia.

The fuckin' problem with this argument is that it is entirely logical and sensible, and benefits the most number of people, students, and college athletics as a whole.

The Big 12 is not interested in that. The Big 12 wants to give the most money to UT, scraps to the rest, and expects this business model to work, even after it nearly killed them a few years ago. How's UT gonna justify the Longhorn Network if there's an actual 2nd good team with alumni, right there in the same conference?

I don't see it. They'll pick some ISU-quality AAC also-ran and tell them to be thankful for whatever TV exposure they get.

Stanford has consistently been one of the best 2 or 3 teams in the conference for years now.

>UGA going undefeated
gee I've never seen this meme before

>my face when people actually think the team with the best defense and a top 10 offense in the country will miss the playoffs next season

>Brandon Peters (objectively and statistically the best QB in the 2016 recruiting class, it isn't even debatable)
>Ty Isaac (best RB in the game who will be 100% healthy, unlike the entirety of last year. he will put up 1200+YDs/10+TDs/5.0YPC)
>Jake Butt (a top 3 TE already going into this season, 1000+YDs/7+TDs)
>Sean McKeon (literally a Jake Butt-clone)
>Amara Darboh (top 10 WR, 900+YDs/5+TDs)
>Jabril Peppers (a black guy trapped in a black's body, one of the smartest players in football, elite measurables, incredible upside)
>Kareem Walker (one of the fastest and most explosive players in football)
>Joe Beneducci (best blocking FB in country)

>Best pass rush in the B1G
>Best LB corp in the B1G
>Besy secondary in the country
>Top 5 D-Line

Barring major injuries to key players, there is literally no way the Wolverines are missing the playoffs this season

The Michigan B1G championship drought ends in 2016-2017

You can't prove me wrong

Cap it

>white trash detected

Best QB in CFB history

>UGA
>going undefeated

The SEC is still moving west, I don't think you'll ever get picked up because South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, and Tennessee will just block any attempt in the east.

Everybody knows they have good athletic teams, but the Big 12 looks retarded and the ACC/B1G avoided them for a reason.

Miami or Florida State would be a better fit over Oklahoma since they'd both pick up more swag fag idiots that aren't on the west coast.

There's no guarantee Kirby Smart will be a great head coach. Remember, Will Muschamp was a defensive coordinator for Saban and he sucks and Mark D'antonio, one of the most average-acheiving head coaches, is ALSO a defensive coordinator for Saban. There's a good chance you'll juat remain at the same level of Georgia success.

A coach who has yet to ever be a college head coach and a QB who has never played college ball. Damn, team of the century.

Reminder that Jabrill Peppers will win the Heisman

Woodson 2.0

I bet you don't even stop and listen to the bagpipes

isn't Peppers moving to LB?

>Fournette back, finna win Heisman
>Average QB back for 3rd year
>Based af Defensive Coordinator
>Alabama and Ole Miss at home this year
>Les Miles 4th Quarter Meme Magic
>Based af recruiting this past year

Give me one reason why we won't win the natty come January.

>implying anyone expects anything from the PAC-12

They are the Vandy of the conference, a team which also strung together a few successful years. Keeping that shit up is an entirely different matter.

>Our team is really good on paper
>It is a fact that the playoffs will happen, it's already decided
You sound like a god-damn Cowboys fan.

SEC Goals:
>Win NCG
CUSA Goals:
>Maybe an ESPN anchor will say one of our team names on the air during primetime

Feels not great, man.

Vandy had two winning seasons, and in both they finished fourth in their conference. Only in one of those years were they above .500 in SEC play. That is not comparable to Stanford's run, which has been going strong since 2012.

>since 2012.
I meant since Andrew Luck, if you take out one or two down years. Also, I meant Vandy finished 4th just in their division.

UConn is going to the Big Twelve.

phew. the first time i read that i thought she meant she'd be in the booth. ESPN/ABC are trying their damndest to get a female in the booth- they've already ruined sunday night baseball with that shit. i fucking hate ESPN so much geez.

Wait, so you think there will be 4 undefeated teams in the playoffs? LMAO. Alabama had 1 loss last year, how did that work out for them? protip- the won the national championship. If bama goes undefeated and their only loss is against an undefeated UGA in the SECCG, guess what, they'll have the same record as last year.

Where will Art Briles coach now that he's gonna get fired?

offensive coordinator at LSU would be my guess.

Replace charlie strong.

maybe bein will give the conference help

They joined in the 90s when they joined the FBS

So which is more impressive, and think real hard about your answer:
Two winning seasons, one above .500 conference, in the //SEC// ?
..... or Four winning season in the Pac-12?

If you pick the first choice, I'm right and your post was pointless. If you pick the second, we admit the SEC ain't all that.

Choose wisely.

>Hawaii is joning the B1G

That is literally what you sound like right now.

>three teams that made the playoff last year make it again

College football is a joke

how many backup quarterbacks will we need to beat OSU this year broz

>Bama made it in with one loss, therefore they can make it in with one loss again.

Your logic is faulty. Bama won the SEC that year. Losing to an undefeated team in the last week will not get the job done, the committee will pick a 0 or 1-loss team that can actually win its conference.

I know it confuses you illiterate SEC fags, but the BCS is over now. You actually have to win on the field to make shit happen.

>waaah its not fair!

Maybe. Going back to ESPN from Fox won't hurt either, of this I am certain.

I'm not an SEC fan, I'm a Washington State fan.

>i enjoy boring, monotonous sports

Rivera and Fluffy came to campus to film an episode for some tv show today about food

I've won multiple natties.
AMA

>managing 4 wins against kentucky, uf, uga, mizzou, tenn, scar
>impressive

what schools did you compete against?

Not to mention that Stanford has won the PAC-12 three times and the Rose Bowl twice, and been competitive much more. It's not just "winning seasons" in the PAC.

We didn't compete against any, that implies we had any competition
5 times la

when are you moving to fbs

>Wazzu
Then you have an inferiority complex and need to understand the Pac-12 is one bad-SEC-recruiting year away from winning the NCG.

I mean, now Wazzu or Colorado, of course, but... the other teams.

>Charlotte 49ers
WHY THEM, FUCKIN' UPSTARTS

m8, your only hope is that USC gets back at it, Oregon has proven they can't do it and Stanford can't either.

Remember when Florida was good?

>not just winning seasons
And Tulane has a national championship too, what's your point?

Don't have the numbers to fit.

Because Jerry Richardson is throwing millions of dollars into their program.

>Remember when Florida was good?
Are we talking about 2008?

>And Tulane has a national championship too, what's your point?
No they don't, and even if they did that's irrelevant. Your comparison of Vandy and Stanford is that they have both had a couple of years of the same level of recent success, which is complete bullshit. This comment makes me think you're baiting, though.

I assume to highlight key areas in the city

Oregon couldn't do it WITH CHIP KELLY, but the structure is there for someone who can get over that hump. Stanford came within a couple of pieces.

USC and UCLA both have the structure, and Utah has been hanging around so who the fuck knows how THAT happened.

They may surprise. Shit, negro, OU made the playoff so anything's possible.

>head coach of Charlotte's NFL team visits Charlotte's FBS football team
It truly is a mystery.

Meh, their hoops are good, a D-1 move is all fine and dandy. I just meant why are they on some shitty TV show and now us other G5 teams in need.

LSU winning natty desu

bama D-line

This tbqh

>impyling Jacob Eason won't win the heisman

You heard it here first folks. I've already put $700 dollars on that and I'm putting in another $100 each paycheck :)