Bruce Springsteen is better thoo

that's like saying why do black people care about rock and roll

DOUBLE DUBS DON'T LIE
THE BOSS CONFIRMED BETTER THAN HIP HOP

rock is basically blues so you are wrong
they don't care for hard rock, metal, indie garbage and so on

why can't you guys think outside of in-groups and out-groups

lib detected

name me one point in history or discourse without an 'us vs them' mentality. I'll be waiting

They like to think about black cocks, it makes them paranoid which is great thing in today's world

rap/hip hop is good party and dance music you don't have to be black to enjoy it

I don't think blacks even care about blues anymore.

i mean people who care for new releases, follow 'gangsta' rap 'artists' and write reviews etc

I responded to the wrong person.
See

It doesn't work here at all thought because there are a shitload of white people that don't give a fuck about hip-hop

the stuff is coming from whitey though

They try to provoke us and lure into contending against them and then people tell shit like this

If one wouldnt ask I wouldnt care about sayin I'm the best

they invented that.

I like gangster rap because its entertaining and has more unique story telling then most rock songs

They like that kind of music, obviously

Durr

He a mongrel though

A lot of white rappers are really great and are underrated
it's just bozos like OP that think only blacks are allowed to rap

Who invented Jazz? Black people on heroin, or white people on heroin?

I saw an interesting video on YouTube that I can't find now with Jazz pianist Barry Harris talking about the history of Jazz and how he believes it was arrived at as a natural progression from harmony in Classical music.

Jazz originated in tribal music tousands of years ago

Music in ancient egypt, mesopotamia, all the kingdoms in africa were very similar to jazz

Horns drums and cymbals

youtu.be/viMbnj_Ei2A

we wuz jazz n shit

post one rap song that proves your point.

cause i listen to all types of music so no reason i wouldnt listen to hip hop like blacks have some sort of copyright over the only thing black 'culture' has produced.
sometimes i like to unwind and enjoy the ignorance of (most) hiphop/gangsta rap

Nigga relax it's just music there is no truth behind the lyrical content of corporate made rap

thats what im saying, its just music..

>there is no truth behind the lyrical content of corporate made rap

care to explain?

There are no feelings, there was no arrogance or something like that felt when recording the stuff... the guys were used for instruments, they just recited some lyrics for money

youtube.com/watch?v=k8yKTuvRmPE

t. white person

like he's a good rapper for what he's worth but he's definitely not the best

its the music of these times.

same reason why blacks, asians and everyone else loves it.

what makes someone a corporate rapper compared to others which arent? i didnt say anything about arrogance, by enjoying the ignorance i meant sometimes im in the mood to listen to narrowminded lyrics lacking depth of substance just because im in the mood for some real gangsta shit. and refering to the corporate side i dont really view hip hop artists the same as others, like many people i enjoy it for the music, i dont exactly respect them as people. most of them are just degenerate niggas

I'll give you that but honestly what you posted is more or less an outlier. While I can only name a few if any raps songs that fit your description it isn't like that for rock.

make there dick look big

>tell him to post one song
>say it doesn't count because it's only one song

Are you retarded?

Schoolboy q, kendrick, ab soul, yg, the game, all do the same thing in their songs, its the mumlbe trap rappers who ruin everything. Rock lyrics are more generic than hip hop ones

cause i like funky ass shit

Because they're too cucked by liberals to form their own art forms so they listen to hip hop to seem "with it" and unracist

The fact that white people aren't allowed to participate in the most relevant genres of music is fucking disgraceful and you white people are pathetic to let this happen.

Every rapper you'll know of is a corporate rapper, the industry is controlled very well because music nowadays is misused as a consumption good like alcohol or cigarettes and to transport messages

Okay you said ignorance pardon

it's the same, the lyrics got some kind of a purpose, they had to throw a certain light at certain social groups, they didn't feel the stuff actually. I mean yeah when I'm listening to the first Chronic it's cool because I can kind of relate to that vibe or even Gucci Mane and stuff like that but it's just shallow consumption music. calculated and stuff.

Those people aren't degenerate as in their lyrics but degenerate in terms of self-respect, because if you get contacted (it happens indirectly without any traces) you actually can refuse the offer and just live your life.

There is no "conscious", "intelligent" rapper who isn't extremely preachy, tryhard, and pretentious. Seriously, I have no idea why someone like Kendrick gets so much praise regurgitating West Coast and golden age cliches and a boring, status-quo liberal message.

If your shocking, relevant, socially conscious music that offends the sensibilities of white people wins a fucking Grammy then you can safely say that you're on the side of the establishment.

Because you only listened to tpab like an idiot, his first 2 albums were classic story telling/ gangster rap

Those albums still fall into the very formulaic hip hop cliches, the most omnipresent being how every rapper has had this huge struggle against the world and has conquered everything (mostly drugs, depression, racism, da streetz, etc) and that should mean a lot to us because they're black. I really feel like there is very little lyrical nuance behind the vocal acrobatics, it's just look how hard my life was. It's very fake.

Every genre needs cliches to exist you idiot and name me a metal or rock album that has no talk of drugs, depression, crying about women, or sticking it to the man, pro-tip you can't.

Because they like the way it sounds.

ez. next question.

Yeah but I don't personally enjoy listening to the same crap over and over again. And genre cliches just mean that there are lots of people in the genres who can't come up with original ideas to express. The truth is, for a genre so focused on lyricism hip hop is severely lacking in it, I don't even like "poetic" lyrics in rock and pop but very few hip hop artists have any concept of what they want to do beyond "I'm black and my life is hard". They treat the subjects similarly, compared to rock which has a bit more variety in concepts (I can think of Captain Beefheart, Talking Heads, the Velvet Underground, and many many more that truly subvert the cliches). The "blackness" inherent to hip hop hinders it because all of the rappers that come up end up being basically the same.

No. genres need or have got a sonic guideline, not lyrical clichees, because, ironically, the lyrics are the most unimportant thing in music and do not define genres. I bet you think that because for example "gangsta rap" is described as a subgenre but it's really just a lyrical theme which is very limited from the one who tried to coin this term as a genre to its content, because rap relies on inner diversity. That there were waves of certain "clichees" throughout the times is just an industrial thing that has nothing to do with actual classifications in music.

You haven't heard enough rap there's plenty of variety if you know where to look, hip hop has the largest vocabulary in all of music so you can't talk shit about the lyrics. And gangster rap is more the just the lyrics, compared a nwa song to a eminem song they sound nothing alike

>hip hop has the largest vocabulary in all of music so you can't talk shit about the lyrics
Just because there are a lot of words doesn't mean it's well-written. Example: Aesop Rock.
>And gangster rap is more the just the lyrics, compared a nwa song to a eminem song they sound nothing alike
If you're just listening for the music for it's danciness then that's great, I listen to tons of retarded rap like that. But I'm talking about the lyrics.

What genre do you think has better lyrics? Give me your best rock or metal song and there's 20 rap songs with a more detailed story lyrically

I bet you're white, don't have much money, and think you're smarter than average

narrow minded cuck detected

stop giving the right a bad name, you have to allow yourself to perceive society more flexibly. Us vs them is a mentality is championed by those who lack the talent or initiative to become "them".

The detailed stories are stylized and cliched, that's what I'm saying. Just because rappers say more words doesn't mean that the words are more meaningful.

Yeah, I sure wish I had the talent and initiative to become black

It has to be stylized to an extent for it to be considered hip hop. There's rapper who only rap about racism and fucking bitches and others who rap about anything you can think of. You're just sterotyping rap but I listen to alot of rock/metal and they don't talk about anything besides sex, drugs, and partying/being rebellious, just as boring as rap

why do white people care about jazz,blues,raggae, or just black people in general?

I'm i the only one here with a hamstring fetish?

>I listen to alot of rock/metal and they don't talk about anything besides sex, drugs, and partying/being rebellious
kek no
There is no rap equivalent to a vocalist like David Byrne who threw away all preconceptions of what a rock lyricist could do with his detached, autistic, paranoid, nerdy persona. I do agree that there are more varied rappers, but mostly they deal in fantasy (Kool Keith, MF Doom). But you could I guess argue that rapping is more about the sound and flow than the actual content, like you're supposed to take it in like you take a jazz solo.

they don't man they just take our money and try to keep us down man, fucking evil white people

Jewish media pushing for over-representation of black music, 15y/o high school kids eating it up.

If you don't think these are meaninful songs then I don't know what to tell you. I like rap because it's feels more real and genuine unlike listening to a song by a upper class white man crying about how hard his life was
youtube.com/watch?v=GygEAcFFMVs
youtube.com/watch?v=VPN-
hA4qBNA
youtube.com/watch?v=Bv7w200rrcs

meh toes

w o r d i t o

Fuck that's some nice feet

Sssh, that's one of the best kept secrets in music.

'no'

nigga ain't it?

>mfw americans can't relate to others unless they have the same skin tone

THIS

he's great, but he'd be godtier if he stopped trying to outdo himself/impress everyone

It's hip.

have you listened to the last album?

yeah, except for all the black people that do...

actually, no. Is it good?

>Aesop Trash
>good

LMAOOOOO

Liberal mindedness is common among milennials.

Bruce could beat any rapper, both musical or irl, anytime

he looks like a genie

>proge