Is this accurate?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Art_music
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Popular_music
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Implying music is art

>mozart
>art

Art Music is indeed patrician, but not the one you posted.

You suck.

>implying art exists

please post a list of patrician music
thanks

hi mozart

How ironic, the OP picture is literally the definition of contrarian
"hurr I was born in le wrong century music from today SUCKS gimme Bach plss xD"

patrician = J. S. Bach

>implying there is no art music from this century
shake my head

Lol yeah Wagner ligeti Mahler Mozart Liszt and Schubert all suck!!!
Kill yourself

thats beethoven not schubert

so much effort into this bait, why?

Serious music is the most nuanced, eclectic, perfect music. All the """advancements""" you see in your popular muzak? yes, done to death with much more finesse and depth in the serious music sphere decades or centuries ago. It just can't compete. The display of knowledge is astoundingly bigger in serious music than in another other music. It's music for the patrician, for the cultured mind. The fact that some plebeians try to "appreciate" it on a gut level is why they are plebeians. They are missing the true beauty and subtlety. Like reading a perfect theorem. The inner workings that make their music so much more advanced and worth of respect than anything penned by a popular musikian.

Patrician music is music of considerable intellectual finesse and technical considerations. The fact that intellectuals gravitate towards it is explained because it's more intellectually stimulating, more patrician. it's not a coincidence AT ALL.

It's music that only the utterly select intelligentsia fully comprehends and appreciates. It's like high philosophy or high mathematics. There is pedestrian mathematics (the mathematics that engineers use) and there is pedestrian philosophy (the philosphy plebeians like english majors know). A pure mathematician, obviously a patrician, gravitates towards highly stimulating, advanced and abstract mathematics.

Classical music is so evidently superior to all other kinds of music, yet we keep lowering the standards when we talk about other types of music, to avoid the uncomfortable situation where the butt rock dude or the druggy EDM boy gets anal pained when they are told the great masters are better than their shitty hedonistic hero.

Instead of white guilt, in the music world there is "classical" guilt. We keep lowering the standards for other kinds of music to compensate and preserve our dream of marxist culturalism. Of perfect musical relativism. Guess what? It isn't true and the compositional talent and imagination displayed, which is all that counts in the end when we have to say what is worth being saved and what not, is infinitely superior in classical music than in any other form of music.

If your shitty pop muzak is an 8 what the fuck are Beethoven's late string quartets? a 400? most music is barely a 1 to 3, the Beatles fall in here and so do most other popular music with very few exceptions that reach a 4, even a 5. Bartok string quartets would be a 6, 2 degrees of magnitude higher you have works by Brahms and other great masters. Then 9 and 10 are reserved for the highest achievements of human race like Beethoven's late string quartets or his Missa Solemnis or Mass in B minor by Bach or his Brandenburg Concertos.

>Pop music = Catchy

>Art music = Not as catchy

Pop wins. Artfags are suicidewatch

Patrician music: Serious music. Intended to be listened to carefully, thoroughly dissected, must be absorbed with all of one's intelligence and knowledge, incredibly technical and nuanced implications at play.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Art_music

Plebeian music: Popular music. Low-brow, vulgar, unrefined, escapist, meant to be interpreted and read with the body and not with the mind, as intellectual as a pulp magazine, effectively ambient music.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Popular_music

To keep elaborating on the differences that make serious music simply better and of a higher intellectual stature, consider the mediums in which serious music is disseminated. Staff paper, notations. Purposely so, it validates and reassures a lot of what patrician music stands for. Accesibility for anyone to perform and record. Benefits deep intellectual analysis of every bar of music, no bullshit allowed, all is there in the staff paper. The emphasis is on the actual music, not in how it's recorded or performed.

In short, again serious music displays a level of maturity and intellectualism that popular muzak can only dream of achieving.

let me guess, you're a /lit/fag

iif you cant mosh to laughing stock get the fu*ck out of my house & home

yep

>current year
>still accepting the high culture/low culture dichotomy

You should write for pitchfork, the way you "talk about music" without actually bringing up the music in question and how it applies.

Fuck off Dumb avant teen

why are classicalfags so insufferable? Why do they endlessly try to provr that classical is better?

I want 5 responses within 30 minutes

You mean:

>Plebian: Popular music in any form (There is no real difference in terms of talent or skill between Drake, Les Rallizes Denudes, Swans, and Hopsin)
>Contrarian: Traditional folk (exclusively for old people and RYM people who want map dots)
>Patrician: Art music (over a millennia of development; infinitely more developed and intellectual than even the greatest pop garbage)
>Wannabe patrician: Jazz

How the fuck is Red indie

Same with Faust IV, that's prog

pleb: young
contrarian: old
patrician: dead

>muh micro-micro-micro genres
'indie' is supposed to represent an entire arena of musical taste, governed by its own gods: pitchfork, Sup Forums, reddit, fantano, nme and so on. it's not supposed to refer to indie rock or indie pop as genres or whatever.

>plebian
loves "intelligent music" hates "stupid music"

>contrarian
argues that "intelligent music" is actually dumber than "stupid music"

>patrician
doesn't judge music based on its reputation or worry about its street cred

t. reddit

I fucking hate you artphages. Mindlessly consuming because you're too stupid not to. You're the type who thinks that you can just listen to Young Thug and Bach in the same day and be respected, or think you can read Tolstoy and J.K. Rowling, or think you can appreciate The Avengers while also admiring Persona.

this

I'm losing brain cells.

stop listening to indie music then

>all music is of equal worth

Both Tolstoy and JK Rowling suck; haven't seen the Avengers. Like Persona a lot.

didn't even imply that

What's the album in the bottom left of the contrarian panel?

>Tolstoy sucks
And then there's this edgy teenager.

King Crimson - Red

>you can appreciate The Avengers while also admiring Persona.
I've not seen the avengers, but I've been obliged to go along with friends to other very critically acclaimed super hero films that I've just thought were boring trash. the exact same film made over and over (fight of good versus evil + extremely long fight scenes + EXPOSITION, rendered in a stark gritty realist style) and with exactly 0 substance. Persona on the other hand is a great film.

Honestly if you listen to anything other than 90's indie rock (pavement, gbv, portastatic) you're literally autistic

Chill.

were you influenced by a large group to listen to the music? --> pleb tier

did you discover the music independently? --> patrician

I'd rather be deaf.

if you swapped out abbey road for elephunk, the plebeian could easily be patrician.

if the patrician only listens to the above artists, they could easily be plebeian.

the contrarian is always an idiot

this chart is flawed.

MBDTF literally offends plebians

Correction

this thread is cancer, please delete it

>noise
>patrician
>not even good noise

TRIGGERED