American College Students are DUMB as rocks

I know a few American students who came here in exchange and were used to getting straight A's at home, so they thought it would be the same here or easier due to our lower percentages for grades. Actually they ended up getting mostly D's or struggling to pass. They had to work very hard to get below what they were receiving at home.

Is it really so much easier in America than in Europe?

i think they lowered the difficulty because niggers kept failing and they had to lower it to european high school levels

could be wrong, my memory is far from reliable

that looks extremely painful

First year of college in USA contains much of what is done here in high school afaik.

Schools don't want to fail people. If they fail, they drop out, and if they drop out, the school isn't getting their money.

I'm in engineering and I know there's a big divide between reputable STEM majors and the rest

if my gen eds are any indication it is literally just advanced high school for a lot of general purpose majors

People here bought into the meme that everyone needs to go to college. Rather than failing everyone who comes in knowing nothing and trying to cheese it the just lowered the standards so that they could have a graduation rate comparable to historical averages. 90% of the degrees given here are do nothing basket weaving bullshit like marketing, latino studies, art history, or sociology.

I had a classmate who left for America in 8th grade l think, she was dumb as shit, and apparently they've put her into 9th grade or something

For you

I befriended this british exchange student a few semesters ago in a discrete math class. She told me that classes in England where a lot tougher and that getting the equivalent of a C here was considered failing. I did better than her in that class though, so idk.

Shit, I'm going to study in Denmark next semester
This has me worried

That's because there is a difference between college and university. College is basically university light were you just get a degree but learn almost nothing.
Was studying abroad for some time and the murrican students struggled to even complete a 5 page pseudo-scientific (i.e. no need to quote sources and non scientific topics such as muh culture) paper at acceptable quality.

It's the same for us. We consider a 80-100 to be the A range, and since Americans count 90-100 as the A range, they assume that it's easier here. All the Americans I encountered throughout JK-12 had a super difficult time.

At what university if I may ask :)

>Is it really so much easier in America than in Europe?

I had an American teach one of my classes in collage. The tests were so damn easy to get marks on which made the class way more enjoyable. Fuck Europe desu. I would have had a better time in collage if everything was that easy.

Non-Americans don't use the same grading as they do in the US so I'm told. Getting a 6/10 would be failing in the US but it's considered average in countries like France and the UK.

People in the US who do these tests expecting to get stellar grades are usually disappointed because they don't understand how the grading system works.

For non-STEM majors the requirements are extremely easy so I'm told. If you are doing STEM, the difficulty spikes after your second year and that's usually the time that most people start to transfer to different majors.

>She told me that classes in England where a lot tougher and that getting the equivalent of a C here was considered failing

Pretty sure it's the opposite. Getting a 75 is considered quite good in the UK compared to the US, it's just a lot harder to make that high grade.

Americucks have double digit iq so you tell me

damn imagine smashing that qt with her legs spread like that hhhhng

This is true. We are dupid

>Ireland

What subject/major?

>Romania has higher IQ than Ireland

Yes and no. There's a lot of variation, even in a public school (saying nothing of the variation between public schools and expensive private schools). I went to a public school and motivated students had the option of taking uni-level courses, whereas some other students took basic algebra.

Aarhus

Spent a year in American uni before completing my degree in Englan. The uni curriculum in the UK is exponentially more challenging than it is in the US, from my experience.

That said, this might be due to much stricter stratification by accomplishment per uni. In the US, you'll be surrounded by idiots even in the top colleges, possibly because there's less of an emphasis on scores correlated to ability/intelligence and more of a focus on well-roundedness, service, and 'standing out' in admissions. At my uni in the UK, almost everybody was completely capable of tackling the coursework and speaking intelligently on things.

The US primary/secondary school system is abysmal, which may also be why the Americans you encounter aren't as prepared for uni as Yuropeans.

I don't know what uni/major you're in, but getting lower than a 70% here is considered failing. You literally can't sign up for a class if you have less than a 70 in a prereq.

which begs the question: why do we run tha world?

It's more that everyone is allowed to at least try in an American university environment and, unless you're taking STEM, the requirements are all over the place and many colleges don't want students to fail out. When you have to accommodate both the person who went to Alabama for school vs the person who went to Massachusetts, than you need to dumb it down while still catering to the more intellegent student later on. By the time you reach your senior year, everyone is expected to be up to the standard set by the department.

so is this banter, or you guys really think you know anything about our college programs?

We don't acutally pay a whole lot. Like 200-500 dollars per semester or something

Trust me. Anecdotes on image boards are always reliable. I've literally never seen anyone lie for the sake of banter ever.

We'll you don't pay initially. It's subsidized over many years via taxes. In the US you pay upfront/take out loans to pay for it.

>collage

subtle

>we don't pay

Except you do pay.

Yeah but that means that the uni is getting their money whether I drop out or not because I still pay taxes so the uni shouldn't be afraid of having hard courses

I never said we don't pay. I said we don't pay a whole lot to actually attend the uni.

To some degree.
I hear a lot of the liberal arts core is done during HS in Europe.
The reasoning for it here in the US is so that people are more well rounded, but it also leaves a lot of people not doing what they want to in school, and dropping out.
But yes, liberal arts core classes tend to be easy passes here unless you are an absolute fuckwit.

That would be a lot for me honestly. Any extra amount I can get is less I would have to take in loans.
Currently about 10k in debt, and it's only going to grow.
This is also while I live with my parents. So no rent charge or anything, just food, gas, and insurance.

>pay through taxes
>"Oh no, but then every retarded leech will go to university and cash in, and my taxes will skyrocket!"
>Make university difficult
>Retards drop out after first year

Sounds fine to me honestly. The real question we should be asking is whether the university system (in both Europe and the USA) plugs well enough into the general economy. Having an advanced and difficult archaeology track is nice and all, but if there aren't any jobs supporting that in the economy, you're just setting students 4 years behind in their career.

STEM will pretty much always be useful, and from my experience the USA does a good job at that at the university level (Caltech, MIT, U of Illinois, etc.) That can stay difficult for sure.

Dunno man, university is free here, except for some courses like medicine and related subjects.

It's not a whole lot for us. If we live at home and have a part-time job it's barely something to even think about.

If we don't live home we can get 4000 dollars in schoarship and another 6000 dollars in loan. You need to pay back the 4k too if you fail your exam though.

No you pay Norgays university. Norgays gots oil and yankee needs it. Pays bigs bucks and Norways have cheap university in retuen

yeah, but they literally have no idea, i mean even for people here it is confusing, different HS programs in different areas, honor rolls, AP, etc. then colleges vary significantly in their requirements, so you never really compare apples to apples even here. how can you even compare us vs. europe. being that general is stupid.

>compare us vs. europe
Fucking 'murrican

test

From my understanding, an A in America is a 96% and above.
In Great Britian it's 70% and above for an A.

Our cutoff for success is a lot higher than in Europe. That's regardless of the curriculum.
The Universities in the U.S. are the best in the world, but the first 2 years, or "general reqs" are still geared towards autist

>judging other majors on intro classes
Le STEMeme strikes again

>the average equatorial Guinean is borderline retarded
How do people legit believe this book, this is absurd.

It's an investment to ensure a greater tax income.

No they don't. You pay Norways education. Norgay gots oil which yankee needs and pay big bucks so university basicly free with those shekels