Scaruffi gave this album a higher score than any album by Radiohead, Bjork...

Scaruffi gave this album a higher score than any album by Radiohead, Bjork, and The Beatles and put it on the same tier as Heroes by David Bowie.

So what does Sup Forums think about this thing??

9/10

It's actually a pretty great album desu, one of the most innovative albums of the 90s.

Bit of a shame that it's victim of the "Seinfeld is unfunny" effect where people copied what they did on this album so much that this album in comparison doesn't seem as impressive as it really was for 1994.

Weakest aspect of the album is the lyrics, but it certainly comes off 100x more genuine than other bands of the genre.

Scaruffi loved Nu-metal dude.

a 7/10 isn't love lol

I don't know who scaruffi is but that is a good album, worthy of an 8/10 if not higher

Best nu metal album and band

Scaruffi always gives debut albums 3-4 more points than they really deserve

>Scaruffi gave this album a higher score than any album by Radiohead, Bjork, and The Beatles and put it on the same tier as Heroes by David Bowie

Hmmm

Maybe it's because Scaruffi actually forms his own opinions and actually reviews albums fairly instead of getting his opinions from a fat manlet music reviewer or saying things like 'well i cant rate korn higher than meme artists(and pedophiles) like Bowie'???

It's one of the few legitimate artistic achievements in nu metal, along with Toxicity and White Pony (or Around the Fur if you prefer)... oh, Incubus' SCIENCE is pretty based too.

Anyway, it still suffers from Jonathan Davis being a totally ridiculous vocalist, like Ball Tongue is a really fun song but also insanely retarded. But yea it's creative and all that. Shame about what happened to them after

Is toxicity considered nu-metal?

legit good album

this is also a legit good album

I don't see why it shouldn't be. Simplistic drop d riffs, angsty lyrics, pop song structures. Often see people trying to claim SOAD/ Deftones weren't nu metal but the only real argument they have is "they were good"

This album sucks so much.

Korn is the only bad nu metal band (that anybody has heard of of course)

When I think of Nu-metal I think of somebody rapping idk maybe its just me. I mean yeah there's parts where serj speaks fast but he's not really rapping

korn has pretty much no rapping in their self titled
some of nu metal is hip-hop influenced but some aren't (even if they are influenced it's not reflected directly)

It's a great album but I find Issues even better.

>Korn is the only bad nu metal band (that anybody has heard of of course)

>only bad

what did user mean by this

Same

I think Korn are more of a singles band but this album is the one that proves the exception because it's pretty consistent. The riffs were very good and Jonathon gave the vocal performance of his career. The whole band was on point with David's drumming and Fieldy's unique bassline. Yeah Fieldy isn't a good bass player but it worked for this album. And there was also little to no filler.

Best nu metal album hands down IMO. I remember what a kick in the teeth this fucking thing was when it came out. No one had really heard anything like it before

seinfeld is unfunny etc etc