11/10, god-tier track

>11/10, god-tier track
>Album is a collective 6/10

Most of my all-time favorite songs come from mediocre albums as whole. Is this the case for any of you guys? Why couldn't the whole fucking album be as good as that song?

>Empire Ants plays, nearly cum as tears are running down my face
>Rest of the album is shit

I Feel Love is the greatest piece of music ever recorded.

It closes out an album of Giorgio Moroder and Donna Summer not even giving half a shit and going through their backlog of unrecorded songs.

>In The Flowers, beautiful
>Bluish, amazing
>Overall: 6-7/10

All day long and bizarre love triangle are 11/10 but the rest is eh

>fireworks is literally the best song ive ever heard
>like 3 songs from the album and indifferent to all the others

avey why

>11/10
Stop.

reckoning by REM.

Harborcoat is soooo fucking good, cant say that about the rest though

>implying the climax to let down doesnt break the levels of even an arbitrary scale

This is why Sup Forumss obsession with the album format is stupid and detrimental to discussion.

>album doesnt have a single song over a 3/5 but collectively it is 5.5/5
Whats your mom name Sup Forums

The lion's share of albums are made with being a cohesive, complete work in mind.

There are some exceptions, though. Same as with any medium. Sup Forums has "best scene in shit movies" threads.

Lol that's TLOP

you cheeky cunt

>The lion's share of albums are made with being a cohesive, complete work in mind.
That doesn't really negate my point. Also it's asinine to try to "discuss" or sum up 40+ minutes of music with a sentence or two. Discussing individual tracks would be much more productive and interesting.

Pretty Persuasion, 7 Chinese Bros, Rockville, Camera, cmon bra

>>>>>>>>>Rest of the album is shit

Tell you what's detrimental to discussion. Placing arbitrary limits on what constitutes "legitimate" conversation.

Trust me. You don't want Sup Forums to exceed a few sentences. Be thankful for their brevity. It's the one good thing they've got going for them.

What about Taste and Brother sport

Na

LITERALLY this.
Starts out strong as fuck, and the rest is a snoozefest.

Because nobody is perfect and different people like different things.

what about greatest hits albums?

11/10 all the way though

>greatest hits albums

>someone says this in a world where Pretty Persuasion, 7 Chinese Bros., So. Central Rain, and Don't Go Back to Rockville are on the album

what

(harborcoat is by far the best track on the album though, such a tune)

Tookie Knows II

>being this much of a pleb

Cuckoo Cuckoo is the best track on that shite

Blur - 13

every song is a 2/5 but ive been listening to it through & through for 10 years. Just so perfect sometimes

Fireworks isn't even in the top three for the album you fucking retard. Liking Fireworks the most is akin to liking My Girls the most. Good song, but generic and uncreative compared to a lot of the rest of the album.

right