I fucking love this album

I fucking love this album.
Can we have a discussion about it?
Rate it and stuff.
CONTRARIAN FAGS GET THE FUCK OUT

Have you read the 33 1/3 book?

>Can we have a discussion about it?
>CONTRARIAN FAGS GET THE FUCK OUT
Essentially, I want a discussion, but not a real one. I want an echo-chamber. I want everyone in the thread to agree with me so my fragile ego doesn't get hurt.

i think he means people posting shit like "bad album" and then immediately leaving the thread

No, there's a difference between just not liking it and having your own reasons to not like it, and being a contrarian faggot.

Example of a contrarian faggot:
Its just le babbys first alt folk lellelelel,

>best
in the aeroplane over the sea
>runner-up
two headed boy pt. 2
>worst
the fool
>overrated
communist daughter
>underrated
untitled

Nah should i though?

You're a fucking retard

Easy forgettable chord progressions the album

This basically

Yes, I think it's essential if you're really into the album/band. Great book, very short and fun.

>best
Holland, 1945
>runner up
ITAOTS
>worst
Communist Daughter
>overrated
Two Headed Boy
>underrated
The Fool

This album is without a doubt the most simple album that is carried by sheer emotion and great song writing, and is a fucking masterpiece. I can listen to this anytime, multiple times

Alright cool i'll order it.
Simple =/= forgettable
See

>best
king of carrot flowers parts 1, 2 and 3
in the aeroplane over the sea
2 headed boy
the fool
holland 1945
communist daughter
oh comely
ghost
two headed boy two
>runner-up
wait shit

Kek

This but, is there actually anyone on this board that unironically hate this album?

I unironically hate that album.

Why?

Honestly asking why?

Poor production.
Poor instrumentalism.
Poor vocals.
Faux sincerity and honesty.

>Instrumentalism
Its simple but not really. Also not a word
>Poor production
Its an indie rock record my man I mean come on. I think the production is simple and not great but it fits the record quite well.
>Poor vocals
HAHAHA HAHAHA Have you listened to jeff sing?
>Faux sincerity
I really don't get this

The things you call poor I suspect are the exact things I love about the album (For instance the production, which if you read the book is very intentionally the way it is; and I love it). Though I disagree about the sincerity. To say that they pretending to be honest is a pretty soft way of saying that they are lying. What exactly are they lying about?

Yes but can you elaborate? What makes the vocals, instrumentals and, production poor; And Why does the sincerity seem fake to you?

This has been my favorite album ever since I heard it, and I always gain newfound love for it with every listen. Lately I have been appreciating lyrics in ways I never had before. The lyrics, nonsensical or a metaphor have really captivated me lately wondering "who tf thinks of that". It's just such an original concept and beautiful.

Instrumentalism is a word. Look it up, buddy.

do you mean instrumentation...

No. I meant instrumentalism, which refers to instrumental technique in music.

I'm not him but it seems like you made up a word, then googled it and realized that it luckily happens to be a word (a "rare" one according to google)

I think it's safe to say you meant instrumentation

False. When I typed out my statement I meant to say 'instrumentalism'. There is no way of proving this, but I can tell you right now that I am not stupid enough to lie on an anonymous (key point) image-board to save myself from embarrassment. That would make no sense. Also, all words are made up.

True, neither of us can know. I'm just saying it seemed that way to me, especially because you used the phrase "instrumental technique" which is exactly google's definition. At the very least it seems like you second guessed whether or not that was a word and had to double check

I mean none of us can prove it*. Clearly you know who's right

Get a room, faggots

Both of those posts that you responded to were me

Smh desu senpai

Is that a banana or a potato?

By the way that may be the bathroom that Jeff wrote the majority of ITAOTS in. This is the house he wrote it in, and googling the house lets you take a look inside because I think it's on sale or was on sale in the past. Could be a different bathroom or a new one that they built, I dunno. just a fun fact

cool, i never knew about this

it sucks 2bh

/thread

I seriously can't stand King of Carrot Flowers pt. 1 and 2. I have to skip it.

Not trying to be contrarian I swear but I really don't like In the Aeroplane Over the Sea. I feel like it should have more to it, like an accordion or something in the background.

Two Headed Boy is by far my favorite song. It's so meaningful to me personally, and there's something magical and mysterious about the lyrics. I love it.

I like the fast pace of Holland, 1945.

Communist Daughter is so beautiful in terms of background music; I wish they would've dragged it out more. The lyrics are cringe with the semen-stained mountain tops, so I can't play it in front of other people.

I'm starting to get into Oh Comely, but like ITAOTS - I feel like it needs more background to it and to sing a little softer. It's kinda annoying and too long.

I don't even know what Untitled is. Skip.

Ghost is horrible. I hate that song with a passion - except for the bagpipe remix at the end.

I love Two Headed Boy pt. 2 too. I listen to it right after pt. 1. Cool lyrics.

I just feel like I need more background music for this entire album. Some songs had god-tier background but it disappeared. You gotta drown out Mangum's annoying voice a little bit.

How long ago was your first listen and how many times have you listened?

got the album 2 years ago, listened to the whole album probably about 50 times. some songs probably like 100s of times, everytime i listen to music.

Those aren't bagpipes

forgot pic

but the singing saw in title track is so haunting and stands out, it would be worse with more instrumentation

Well to be fair that what most of it is. If it weren't for the well-written lyrics this album would be pure shit.

Honestly? I hate it because of the fanbase. Is it dumb to hate something just because of the following it generates? Probably, but having this thing showed down my throat all the time destroyed any goodwill I might have had for the band/album.

Dumb

this album was so fucking gay lmao
>le only girl I ever loovvvedd
skiiiiiip

easily forgettable?
G Em C D

E C E C D G D G D G

family...

>Best
Two Headed Boy Pt 2
>Runner-up
Holland, 1945
>Worst
Communist Daughter
>Overrated
The Fool
>Underrated
Untitled

How can you guy's listen to this album with out nonstop cringing?, I like a lot of the songs in the album, but the white guy with acoustic guitar thing going on just gives me Mumfords and Son's flashbacks and I end up laughing mid way trough song's.

move two headed boy up to best
Holland, 1945 goes to runner up
put title track as overrated
chage "worst" to "least best"

other than that, the list is solid

fap fap fap

Because we like the album and aren't deluded racists

plus, how the fuck do you relate nmh and mumford and sons

sick b8
nmh is partially responsible for the way indie folk music sounds today and plebs think mumford and sons are regarded indie folk

It sounds like generic teenager music, heck I wouldn't be surprised if it was part of of the juno ost.
This isn't bait.

>this isn't bait

>Best
Oh Comely
>Runner-up
My runner-up changes nearly every time I listen to this album. I just can't decide.
>Worst
KoCF pt2+3
>Overrated
Title track
>Underrated
Untitled & The Fool

It's shit and just a meme. And you fell for it.

She turns m_ o_.
holy shit what a h_ttie

>Best
KoCF 1,2+3
>Runner-up
Holland, 1945
>Worst
Oh Comely
>Overrated
In the Aeroplane Over the Sea
>Underrated
Ghost and Untitled

>tfw I only know one NMH fan and the rest of my friends can't into Jeff's voice

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIII LOOOOOOOOOOOVE YOUUUUUUUUUUU JESUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUS CHRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIST

Discuss.

>best
oh comely

bad album

jeff has an unparallelled imagination