Colombian or Bolivian?

I have a friend at uni who are born here in Sweden but both parents are Colombian and he goes there to visit relatives pretty often. He also hangs out with a bunch of Colombian expats at uni who he sometimes brings to parties etc.

I once made the mistake of referring to them as Bolivians when I introduced them which turned them absolutely LIVID. Spanish was being spoken, clarifications had to be made etc. I was so amused I every now and them introduce or refer to them as Bolivian expats, which garner the same amusing outburst of indignation, anger and general butthurt.

But why do Colombians take so much offence to being called Bolivian? I mean, if somebody from South America though I was Swiss or French I would probably be a little amused and then correct them, not act like somebody called me dirty dog who should be put down. Or is it just friendly rivalry like if somebody called me Norwegian I would probably act all offended as a joke (Sweden and Norway are very similar culturally and on friendly terms), but in their case the joke doesn't pass the cultural/language barrier?

Because Bolivians are fucking subhumans who get BTFO'd by Chile

Bolivians are the Poland of SA

Because Bolivia means Amerindian. No one in Spanish America wants to be associates with Native Americans because in their countries they are the poverty

>But why do Colombians take so much offence to being called Bolivian?
Everyone in this side of the world would be offended if you called him bolivian or even peruvian

just call them peruvians and watch them cry

Just call any country from Spanish America "Amerindian" from Mexico to Uruguay and they will buttblasted

because they are stupid.

also Bolivia is very similar to parts of Andean Colombia, nobody will recognize this because they are superficial and racist.

boyaco de mierda
we are nothing like Bolivia, stop trying to force that you fucking indio

I will try this when the opportunity arises.

Nice, what it the equivalent of Romania then?

I know Chile generally have their shit togheter, but most things you hear about Colombia is drug cartels, paramilitary death squads and Marxist guerilla.

No, actually Bolivia is the equivalent of Romania
I would say Peru is the equivalent of Poland

Yeah, but racism is stronger than all of that, if you're in Sup Forums you should know it by now

Bolivia is the shity country of the region, would be like if someone introduced you as a (insert east euro shithole)

[insert meme about Sweden already being shithole because immigration]

But honestly, probably more amused than angry. If somebody seriously believed I was a gypsy I would probably be a little mad, but also begin to question myself quite a lot.

it sounds like you are just stupid uncultured bydlo.

also, paramilitary groups disbanded 10 years ago.

Medellín.

Yes sorry about not keeping up with the internal politics of you country. Now can you please give me a recap on how ethnic tensions in Moldavia have been affected by the Ukrainian proxy war and how that will affect the internal security situation?

and now La Paz. yeah, so fucking different. Your favela city is not so different from any Bolivian city. the complexes are strong on this Paisa indio.

Isn't FARC still going on?

sí pero el otro año ya seguramente no. y por supuesto son algo diferente a los extintos paramilitares.

call them argentinians and they will do the opposite

who cares
you are just a bunch of climbing trees niggers that have been fighting each others for 50 years

south americans are pretty racist between them
sad!

>(Sweden and Norway are very similar culturally and on friendly terms)
Delete this

How'd you feel about getting called Albanian or Moldovan?

Of sorry, I forgot to add our top skiers aren't all on steroids. That's all you.

I really doubt that

This.

OP, you better hang out with other people.

Bolivian is synonym of Amerindian, and Latino Americans are very ashamed of their Indio blood (some countries are more ashamed than others).

Here, you are going to need some soothing creme for those burns.

thanks to western media

Yes, almost every film and TV-series over here feature a dirty, immoral and evil south american indian who always tries to bring down the noble and pure latino. If you grow up watching that shit it makes it's mark you know?

Pretty much, but also don't forget our colonial past and the Spanish casta system.

is way older. For spaniards amerindians didn't even have a soul. An elaborated excuse to kill and slave them.

i dont mean that, western media push their people(germanics) as special, angels, beautiful, etc
and they have push that you have to be caucasian- germanic to be good

It's the fault of our own countries, too. You should see Mexican telenovelas, everyone there looks like a Germanic/Greek statue while the native Americans are always portrayed as being the dumb ignorant female or male servants. Mexico has a small white minority, but in their sitcoms they're pretty much all white.

>Greek statue
you mean greek statues look like germanics?
because they dont

sue Mexican novelas when?

I meant to said Germanic AND Greek statues, I know they look different.

nice numbers

Telenovelas are garbaje tho. The few good things from the mexican media are not that "white". Cantinflas, amores perros etc.

>Cantinflas, amores perros etc.

Das true

Is El Chavo considered one of the good things still?

of course.

Chapulin colorado>>>>>>>your show

El Chavo is a world treasure

that isnt a greek statue

that is a germanic statue, you can note it like an alien

I know...

I don't know, finnish lad.

How about if some refered you to being Finn or Russian?

THIS

It is starting to change, even telenovelas are now becoming more diverse as in pictured

There's more than a few good things and our cultural scene is traditionally celebratory of Amerindian culture, to the extent it's sometimes used as a crutch or gimmick.

Do Colombians/SouthAmericans get triggered when they get called Mexican or is that only apply to non Mexican Latino's living in the US?

That triggers even more than being called bolivian, atleast Bolivia is located in South America

Lol, or call argentines Latinos they get ANGRY, lol.

why is that?

Because for most of them the word Latinos is considered low and they want to be seen as Europe like.