Basketball

holy shit, I work long hours so when I get home at 9pm I am tired as fuck and just want to relax and watch something.

The past month, I've been watching the basketball 'playoffs', literally game after game each night right before sleep. I gotta say, this is the worst fucking 'sport' I've ever seen.

I can go out to piss or put a microwave dinner and I haven't missed anything. 99% of the game is just the two teams taking turns scoring, with very little defense played because there doesn't seem to be any rules for defense, the ref just calls a foul whenever the fuk he wants and the players are okay with it.

not to mention, if I manage to doze off and wake up with 3 minutes left to go, the game is still within reach for either team and this is when you realize this sport is so fucking shit that you can literally not watch almost the entire game and be fine. You can't do this in any sport. In the NFL, every possession matters. In Hockey, same shit, hell even in soccer if you miss 5 minutes of the game you can miss the only goal scored in the 90 minutes. But basketball? nothing new fucking happens. Holy shit how can anyone watch this shit. At least for baseball you can take a date to a game for $10 and talk the entire time. This 'sport' is fucking trash.

This is obviously a Warriors fan getting his excuse in now for when Legod wins one for da land. Nice try

U tried

just watch GSW games then

fast paced and lots of fun

NBA has always been shit, it's dindu entertainment.

it used to be a great sport but was corrupted by an evil jew who wanted to do away with defense so the high volume scoring would bring in lots of casuals, and eventually compete with the big boys MLB & NFL for tv ratings.

Literally every part of this post is fact.

He forgot the mention that the last 2 minutes will take ~20 minutes with multiple commercial breaks,

duh because the last two minutes are the most important.

"Only the 4th quarter matters" just exposes you as a retard.

When you tune in to the 4th quarter and the Cavs are up 20 on the Raptors, does the 4th quarter matter? Oh wait, it was then 2nd quarter and the 3rd quarter that "mattered".

Basketball is about outperforming the opponent consistently over 48 minutes. You can't just get a fluke goal or touchdown and cling to a win.

With that said, each basket does still matter. If you go down 6 in the 1st quarter and then trade baskets the entire game, you're gonna end up losing by those 6 points because you slacked at the start of the game.

And teams don't always score. Usually about half of possession end with a score. You're just as likely to see the defense win on any one possession.

How do we fix apehoop lads?

hard mode: no 3 point line removal

The more I watch basketball the more I enjoy it

yes i watch basketball and it's shit. it's mostly casual entertainment like WWE, i dont take it too seriously.

one timeout per team

Allow hand checking

Suspension for flops.

Less time outs.

Actually call travels and offensive fouls.

>suspension for flops

bit excessive imo. loss of possesion seems fine

Should be reviewed after each game IMO

People mad it's true

The refs destroy the game and the National Black African league doesnt do shit. Favortism and guessing are where 70% of the calls or no calls come from. Last night Labron took two stepws and jumped to a position under the basket in the middle of 3 players and he got the foul. Well geez, i didnt think they could just hop around and then because they made contact with a player the defender gets called?

It has to change.

I remember watching Durant go for a layup and his body skimmed the defender and he got 2 free throws. Can you not do anything in basketball?? How is the only form of defense to stand still holding 2 arms up not moving? You can't guard anyone that's 7 feet tall if you aren't allowed to do anything

This, I believe this to be true.

I miss angry basketball.

I stopped watching NBA and basketball all together like a decade ago. Euro basketball is even worse than NBA on fouls.

Shit gets a lot fucking boring.

Increase the length of the court to get rid of all those lanklets who cant even run

put the hoop at 6 feet height

Huh, I could swear that I enjoyed basketball. Thanks for showing me the light, OP.

Stern didn't want to end angry basketball, niggers jumping into stands and punching fans ended it

Eurotrash scrubs

how do we fix basketball besides "multiball"?

Only intelligent post in this thread.

why haven't they increased the height of the basket?

literally half the basketball players are 6'6 or taller, that means they are almost 9 feet tall with their arms up, and the basket is ONLY AT TEN FEET? are you fucking joking?
at its current state, basketball big men dont require any skill. They literally just post up and shove the ball into the net having a 10 inch vertical. No one in the god damn world that's a professional basketball player should have a 60% free throw percentage because they spend half their time dunking

that's why you watched euroleague final

it's literally the most entertaining sport involving a ball

>taking a month to realize you dont like something

god forbid you ever try gay sex

This.

Raise the hoop 5 feet and make it vertical

basketball drama > basketball itself