Listened to a fresh record

>listened to a fresh record
>didn't like it
>fantano gives it an 8
>listen to it again
>mfw suddenly it sounds really good

>letting someone form your own opinion

try just listening to an album 2/3 times before giving it a ton of critical thought
Loveless took me three listens to really "get" and then I suddenly fucking loved it

>claims that no outside sources effect his opinion
You're just lying to yourself

>using outside sources

>thinking that you're immune to outside sources
You can escape it user, someone told you that outside sources are bad, isn't he an outside source?

this

>someone told you that outside sources are bad
(not true by the way)

this is exactly why I hate all of you

>lying on the internet
How horrible of you user
If you could form opinions by yourself without outside sources you wouldn't be on Sup Forums wouldn't you?

honestly I am on Sup Forums to shitpost

nah, I'm just telling everyone their opinions are wrong

If you're the type of person who gets enjoyment out of shitposting, then you're not mentally profound enough to form opinions by yourself.
Hence why everyone on Sup Forums gets their opinion from others.

>fantano gives it an 8
>Wow I love this album
>Pitchfork gives it a 4
>This album really is a 6 desu

this, I tip my good 1961 classic trilby to you good sir!

Fedorites are worse, at least Sup Forums tries to steal opinions from a bunch of others, fedorites just circlejerk amongst each other.

there's been studies done that say that people who know that a wine is expensive and 'good quality' tend to enjoy the taste more than if they were told the exact same wine was cheap. Maybe when fantano says it's good a similar psychological thing is happening?

hahaha, sure!

I come here to shitpost exactly because I think everyone likes memes more than music itself. for example, you certainly like memes, if not you weren't doing such a stupid and random speech to a random user who could even be the smartest person on earth

>listened to a fresh mixtape
>gave it 4/10
>watched fantano say its complete trash
>listened to it again
>sounded amazing

Of course it does
While OP is surely trying to bait summerfags, outside opinions will greatly influence your thoughts on basically anything subjective
Works similar to the placebo effect
If you believe in it hard enough, it can become reality

That's not the only thing a review can do though
You might actually realize you didn't give the album enough attention on first listen, so a careful relisten can do the trick

no need to make studies to know that, lol
just look at this fucking board
everyday you'll find
>radiohead
>kanye west
>death grips
>grimes
>godspeed you
>swans

people don't like MUSIC, people like MEMES, i.e. anything that is trite as fuck and has been named/posted to death

to be fair though, godspeed you and swans are actually good

sure, but it's not ok that every fucking day they're posted by people multiple times. it's a proof that people listen to (and like) what the majority listen to (and like)

Congrats, you're easily influenced by the opinions of others

ooooh

same lad

Theyre posted because this is a music forum and we are here to discuss our favorite musics. Radiohead is great music, if you dont think so maybe you haven't listened to their work, and most of the artists posted so much have a lot of content they put out over a series of years which leads to a lot of opportunities for discussion and fangirling etc etc and of course shitposting and memeing because some people like you get easily offended

I mean i agree with you but does have a point, this board memes the fuck out of so many artists.. it's pretty annoying

sad

>offended
I don't understand

>Radiohead is great music, if you dont think so maybe you haven't listened to their work

>It's popular thus it's bad.

What a new and original angle.

Its Sup Forums... We meme everything always.
Theres plenty of honest discussion amidst the funposters. Its really not difficult to sift through the memes

Maybe you should try rebbit

>>It's popular thus it's bad.

>What a new and original angle.

I haven't watched the melon in some time but just took a look. Does he even review anything besides Hip Hop anymore?

everytime he does review something other than hip hop the rapfags flood the comment section with "no one cares review [insert latest meme-hop album]"

He finally got the viewers he deserves, huh. Fitting.

>mentally profound

Hahaha he deserves it.

Placebo effect.

>listens to ooga booga music in the first place.

>Does he even review anything besides Hip Hop anymore?

No, he solely reviews ooga booga "music" now.

Kek

Except no one on mu actually cares about p4k anymore. Fantano is still a tastemaker

>tastemaker
kekaroo level 9000 desu

Its the truth though. Literally any fantano approved album will be discussed and will likely end up high in ryms chart, no matter how low profile artist it is.

just checked, 4 of his last 10 album reviews were hip hop, which is lower than I thought it'd be but usually id guess about half are. where did it all go wrong?

I admit to being guilty to this. I loved Painting With until the pitchfork pan . I haven't listened to it since

that's why I disrespect this board