Imagine a country like Japan, but without any values, enduring culture, or principled approach to life...

Imagine a country like Japan, but without any values, enduring culture, or principled approach to life. Just pure Mammon, as far as the eye can see.

That's South Korea.

k

singapore 2bh

Gojoseon was established in 2333 BC.
Metal movable type ware invented in Korea.
We have a long history and well developed country with advanced civilization and culture

They make better movies

That's post-WW2 Japan too.

kek what culture does Japan have? Anime?

This. Singapore is the embodiement of the soulessness of east asia in its purest form.

The Japanese shoguns are the descendants of the silla peoples and jurchen tribes. Japan is Korea.

A fucking chinked leaf.

your favorite anime is shit

Your national language is soon going to be like this.

I'm 22 and living beneath the poverty line and so much for paying off my student loans. What else could be enduring culture?

In general, the Japanese live action scene is garbage. But to say that Korea makes better movies because of that is stupid.

On the other hand, Japan is one out of maybe three enduring animation cultures.

I went to both countries. I dunno man, Japan has its charm but S. Korea wasn't that bad either.

Korea is basically the shit that's leftover when China and Japan finished plundering the buffet with the dishes of culture, history, science, and glory.

>You are now aware of an alternate dimension where Kim Il-Sung unified Korea peacefully after the fall of the Soviet Union
That world truly has the best Korea

For SK, I'd live there as a foreigner but not as a local.

Japan, not too bad living as a local but for the purpose of immigration I'd choose Anglo countries

T. Korean American

>In general, the Japanese live action scene is garbage.

they still fucking act like they are in theatre!

Why is it not so good for locals? I've been to Korea and fucking loved it. Japan was meh and China was just a complete shithole

バカチョンは一番簡単な漢字読めさえない
どう住み続けるか????
知らない!!!!

South Korea, in comparison to Japan:
an objectively better language
less autism
less NEETs
less xenophobia
less weebshit
better live action movies
better telenovelas
higher IQs (though as a spic I don't believe in the accuracy of that)

I could name a lot of other things that Japan is better at, but my point is both are interesting, great countries with about the same amount of pros and cons

2 year mandatory military for locals + lower tax for foreigners (income tax is like 25% flat tax on income for foreigners while locals with income about USD 90k get 30-33% of income taxed)

It is a good place to live but better place for foreigners to live which is why all the upper class there make their kids to have US passports by making them anchor babies.

I wouldn't mind going back there as a US citizen but would never live there as a local if I know they get taxed more

SO YOU DO FUCKING USE PROXIES TO FUCK SHIT UP!! FUCK YOU YOU FUCKING GOOK!!!

I wouldn't want to live in either SK or Japan from what I researched about the two countries. Okay to visit and to fuck the their women though. Sadly their women are less likely to move with you to the States if you're not rich. Makes them different from SE Asian women in that regard.

this. Retarded decision to move to a country where work is life and suicide rates are high

>ameriexperts
SK has some good ones but in general they're far from Japan in both quantity and quality.

>In general, the Japanese live action scene is garbage.

nah f a m

Japanese cinema is a joke. They havent made anything worthwhile aside from the post war period

name 10 god Japanese films

good*

Tokyo Story, Woman in the Dunes, Seven Samurai, Floating Weeds, Ikiru, All About Lily Chou-Chou, Ran, Tokyo Twilight, 0.5mm, The Taste of Tea

thanks. I watched The Taste of Tea yesterday and I loved it. I don't understand a few things about it though, like the part about the [SPOILERS DONT WORK ON THIS BOARD]gigantic sunflower[/SPOILERS]. Are they supposed to have a meaning?

Also, have you read the Woman in the Dunes book? I'm still unsure if I should watch the movie or read the book

Somethingsomething 2deep4u metaphor for existence and life

The book may be easier to consume, seeing as the movie was made in the 60's
I haven't read it yet myself, though

>Kimchi actually thinks they have a single film maker that matches the genius of Kurosawa, Ozu, Shinoda,Naruse, Miyazaki, Oshima
even their cuhrazy cinema is much better with Sono and Miike

the film is much more experimental compared to the book
I suggest watching Teshigaharas "The face of another" before Woman in the Dunes.

Japan is an infantile, sexless hyper-capitalist hellhole, it's been teetering on the edge of collapse since the 80's. If they had any dignity left they'd let their bamboo nuclear reactors overload and commit mass sepeku, but their american masters wouldn't like that.

Korea has given the world a thriving entertainment industry, it isn't in population or economic decline and actually has a future.

lol that's savage

noice, some of these I don't know; will look into
>Miyazaki
if we're talking animation you have to add at least two more
>Kurosawa, Sono, Miike
pretty much universally recommendable
>Ozu, Shinoda, Naruse
should really get into more of that but I don't often feel like it
>Oshima
wow that guy has more than one film :DDD

Other than that I like Kitano for some more lightweight stuff.
Other individual movies I can think of: Still Walking, Cure, Tetsuo, Lone Wolf & Cub series, The Actor (newish one I really liked, check it out if you can find it)

man, I should really start using imdb again so I don't have to rely on my shot memory

I'd also recommend the following;
The Human Condition trilogy, Love Exposure, Merry Christmas Mr. Lawrence, An Autumn Afternoon, Harakiri, Throne of Blood, High and Low, Love & Pop, Rashomon, Yojimbo, Dreams and Sansho the Bailiff

We're living in a nanny state infested with corruption and riddled with worst worst kind of confucianism and militaristic culture and controlled by a shaman cult leader

Kill me fampais

It's okay, all you have to do is declare war on the US and enjoy the LIBERATION.
With all the troops in country already it wouldn't take much time at all.

You are all a bunch of degenerate, fucking helpless weebs.

Fuck off.

False advertising. Didn't work for me

it's true

the only thing worth watching on japanese tv are those meme reality shows where they do stupid shit with celebrities

>it isn't in population decline
Actually they're surprisingly similar on that front, the problem is just much worse in Japan

thanks m8
Initially I had a list featuring quite a few of these but since they're mostly from the directors the other guy mentioned I went with those instead.
The Kobayashi ones (Human Condition, Harakiri) I don't think I've seen any of, though.
>Love & Pop
oh boy, sounds fun

Your lists should be pretty good if one were to get into Japanese film, but let's face it, nobody wants that ITT. I'm noting them down for now, though. Need some sleep.
Just thought of another interesting one (see pic), but I can't say if I actually liked it. I surely wasn't sober while watching.

Does South Korea have any old temples or something? Is there any attachment to things outside of modern materialist culture? There has to be, right?

of course. You can easily find old Buddhist temples in middle of cities that are regularly attended

Shitloads of old temples, palaces, fortresses etc in all the big cities. People dress up in traditional Korean clothing for free entry to the royal palaces, it's a fun day out.

If you're interested Korean-wise I'd recommend;
Memories of Murder, Spring Summer Fall Winter and Spring, Right Now Wrong Then, 3-Iron, Mother, The Housemaid, The Wailing, The Handmaiden, Oki’s Movie, In Between Days, Peppermint Candy, Poetry, Oldboy, Sympathy for Mr.Vengeance, Lady vengeance, , A Bittersweet Life, J.S.A. Joint Security Area and Han Gong Ju

not in any particular order

>no Host
Come on

>The Housemaid
by which i mean the 1960 one
haven't seen it yet f a m
its on my watchlist though

Is it true you guys are under a pseudo-feminism caliphate? It's something I've noticed being uttered around here from other SK posters.

>muh animus

every fuckin time

>The Housemaid
> the 1960 one
good meme.

What's wrong with it?

beside being B&W and from 1960? No naked boobs of Jeon Do Yeon. Dont get me wrong I disliked both versions. I love kmovies but I dont fall for the 'Sup Forums kino' meme.