Remember how back in like 2012 Sup Forums thought music is supposed to be listened to in the context of an album? kek

Remember how back in like 2012 Sup Forums thought music is supposed to be listened to in the context of an album? kek

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5rGkVcnIuj0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>listening to individual tracks off an album

now that's the real fucking cringe lads

We still do. What's your point?

When will rockists and tryhards leave

On the one hand I'm glad rockism is dying down.
On the other hand, it's giving way to poptimism.
Such is life.

>they fell for the album meme

So you listen to independent songs off any album?

You're missing out, OP.

I agree dude im so glad 90% of mu is now discussion of singles genres such as disco, funk, and soul

Why would i not? Should i feel bad about enjoying a track? Or should i listen to an entire album just so i can hear one track off of it lmao

>Why should I read a whole book and not just the pages that I like?

>this argument
>every single time

If u can enjoy reafing a single page then go for it

It's more like reading a short story out of a book that is a collection of short stories.

It's perfectly acceptable

Rebut him then nigger

>Why watch a whole movie and not scenes I like
>Why watch a whole tv series and not episodes I like
>Why play a whole game an not a part of it that I like
Literally all media is like this so why should music be any different

Because almost all examples of those art pieces have narratives and always have you feckless moron.
The concept of an "album" is not only a very recent thing in music, but also clearly just a convenient way for producers to make a profit. It's not a bad thing but the idea that all album's should be listened to in the context of the album because of it's artistic merit is completely fucking absurd. How often do contemporary artists perform albums as a whole?

Depending on the album.
There are albums that are collections of songs but there are some meant to be listend as whole.

How some people dont gst this is beyond me

It's art, it's not "meant" to be listened in any certain way, stop pushing your rockist views on to this board.

>reading a single short story out of a book that is a collection of short stories

wtf do you think they were collated for?

They were put together as a collection of stories. When I sit down to read a Grimm's fairy tale, I don't read the entire collection of stories.

This is my sincere advice.
youtube.com/watch?v=5rGkVcnIuj0

But sometimes I do only wanna watch a couple of episodes of a TV show, or only play my favourite level off of a game.

If there's a song you really hate on an album you like the rest of would you skip it or sit through angrily while it's on?

Yes it is, and it's often obvious. Yes, you can watch a single movie sequence if you want to, your choice, but the movie is meant to be seen as a whole.
"It's art" is not an argument for ANYTHING.