I remember when Lil Ugly Mane was a meme...

I remember when Lil Ugly Mane was a meme. Now he's actually good and probably the most innovative rapper of the last few years. What happened?

>innovative
>10's version of tommy wright and three six mafia with some noise samples
I like the guy but his fanbase is cringe. ugly himself would tell u to fuck off

I'm talking about stuff like Three Sided Tape Volume Three and Trick Dice. He's not just copying horrorcore, he's blending a bunch of genres into huge albums. I don't see anyone else doing it like he does.

those are called compilations

Agreed, I mean, admittedly Oblivion Access did alot of kinda abstract shit but what sets him apart is that he's just really REALLY good. But yeah, its cool that he's so respected now, even if he probably thinks its a joke.

Tru tru. How he managed to pull off Third Side of Tape still baffles me. Like, its as if when he tries less he does better shit.

He's always been both good and a meme. Nothing has changed

Uneven Compromise was his peak.

Everyone praises a handful of his releases but forgets that the majority of his extended discography is the type of unlistenable shit you'd find in a soundcloud thread. Here's looking at you, Twance Cop

He mostly just was in the right place at the right time. I enjoy quite a lot of his stuff myself but calling it innovative is a huge stretch. Anyone with a few instruments and sampling skills could do what he does if they applied themselves

Should I keep my Mista Thug Isolation vinyl or sell it for $300 or whatever it goes for now?

Hold on to it until you find some chump from the next generation who'll give you a stack for it

Or take a video of yourself eating spaghetti off it and post it on youtube

Ok, I'll do that

To his credit he's been doing it for awhile and your early shit is bound to be less flash than your new shit. His post-2011 output has consistently delivered.

Also, if we didn't have Twance Cop we wouldn't have Kitty Cats off of Third Side which is a certified BANGER of tune.

I agree, but imo he dropped off the map at the exact point when he actually had some honed skills. No other artist in rap or otherwise gets that big coming off the tail end of such a heaping pile of shit. Even OP's pic related has better album art than it does musical content. He could barely even rap until Playaz Circle and almost all of his experimental shit other than Third Side is awful

Tru tru. But hey, we've got Secret Circle coming and whatever this is.

I'm kind of surprised Kitty Cats didn't take off in the brony rave community

Oh shit? I've been out of the loop. Its hard to take a super young artist seriously when they say they're retiring these days I guess

He's being super vague, but Secret Circle is confirmed at least.

But like at the start of the year he posted a photo of this and a comic that at the time didn't make sense but now is a clear precursor to Secret Circle, so hopefully more solo shit.

Any info on what's going to be Secret Circle? Another of his compilations? An actual album? Collab album?

No he's still meme rap trash for suburban white kids

yea but so is your mom

The rave or spooky trap version? Because yeah they both could.

Collab between him Antwon and Wiki. Antwon's Instagram has a ton of pics of them hanging out. Also, they released a single.

i'm getting a LUM tattoo on my arm pretty soon

my #1 musical influence

See you're on that ironic shitposting tip but I think you should take it to the next level and actually do it

Great music, horrifically bad cover art.

Very poor bait