Who plays the loudest live show? Went to see Dinosaur Jr. last night without earplugs and I want to die today

Who plays the loudest live show? Went to see Dinosaur Jr. last night without earplugs and I want to die today.

shit man, you could be fucked

i saw boris live without earplugs and the ringing's persisted ever since

True, Dinosaur Jr. and MBV were the loudest shows I've ever been to.

yeah I realize I've probably done the worst damage to my ears thus far. no ringing, but my right ear is still muffled.

boris though, goddamn. what did they play? I don't know if their drone metal or stoner metal would be worse

Louder than Swans?

I was there. Glad I got to hear Furry Little Things. How'd you feel about Cloud Nothing?

fuck buttons

Loudest band ive seen was easily Ben Frost. Way more physical than Sunn O))) for example.

I also saw Merzbow without earplugs and Ben Frost was louder.

I have seen Swans live twice, and also Sunn 0))) once. Sunn beats Swans in raw Volume but Swans are probably more hurtful to your ears, more treble, drums and more dynamic than Sunn.

But since im not a stupid moron I wore earplugs to all those gigs, and my ears are still fine.

Motorhead!

I'm convinced my hearing damage is from going to local hardcore shows back in the day. Don't tell my work compensation that however.

MBV definitely, my hearing is still pretty fucked cause I decided not to wear earplugs back in '08.

Lightning Bolt was super loud too.

>tfw seeing Dino Jr. for the first time in two weeks

I'm hype.

Nobody is louder than Manowar

Tame Impala

And it was a very bad show

I suffered really bad damage in my left ear at some punk gig in the mid 90s. It was some HC punk show in basement and the band was called Spazspoon or some shit. It was really generic stuff and wasn't even particularly loud or anything but at one point the already shitty lighting in the venue went out and the band decided to play on cos they were so fucking punk or something right. Anyway the moshpit went insane and I was knocked to ground and a lot of others fell on top of me. While I was trying to get up some creep whipped out his dick and started fucking me in the ear. I was screaming in pain but so was everyone else and my arm was pinned behind some fat fuck so I couldn't hit him off or anything. This lasted for about 2 mins before the band stopped playing and the bodies cleared a bit. I got up and was fairly disoriented and blood was pouring everywhere but there was no sign of the dude. My life has been pretty shit ever since...

Out of interest how do bands play efficiently and not get damage?

I mean i know they have ear plugs / ear pieces but to drown out the amps does that not also drown out what theyre doing, the little nuances and such?

Every show I've ever been too i have wished for the sound to be louder, what are all you pussies about?

Yeah Tame sucks live

kek

I've never been to a show, my heatrings time

The speakers point away from them, you know?

I've seen Swans twice. Came prepared each time, but the first time I thought "gee, this isn't quite as loud as I expected" so I took the plugs out half an hour into the show. The tinnitus lasted three days, but if what said is true, it could be much worse. Nevertheless I kept the plugs in the second time, which was fine because they were infinitely more boring in 2015 than they were in 2014.

Still gotta be noisy

Oh, the tinnitus from MBV only lasted for a while, I just can't really hear low sounds. People always gotta speak up to me now.

Kevin Shields himself has tinnitus though but he says he doesn't mind since it means he's not getting his ears destroyed by his amps no more.

st vincent is loudest

In ear monitors plug the ear and should let you hear detail alright. I don't really think many bands give a fuck about subtle nuance at live shows, even the artsy ones. Too many variables live.

seen swans a few times, but they have never been that loud.

My Bloody Valentine was the loudest show I've ever seen.
Managed to catch one show by A Place to Bury Strangers which was pretty loud, but not as bad as every single review claimed. I didn't go deaf, permanently.
Tim Hecker is pretty loud too.

Adding that I always take plugs to gigs, but didn't need them when seeing Swans, but I did when I saw Godspeed.
Swans is more of a physical thing.

They were excellent. I forgot how good Attack on Memory was; I need to go back and listen to it once my hearing comes back.

Swans is the loudest I've seen
Saw them on The Seer tour, they played a couple of no wave songs

Boris playing Flood live was probably the loudest, Dinosaur Jr and A Place to Bury Strangers are up there though

Boris playing songs from Amplifier Worship is always disgustingly loud

Vomitself took my soul (and hearing)