What's wrong with the TPP?

What's wrong with the TPP?
It'll help the U.S choke China's growing dominion over global trade and restore the U.S as the center of the world economy again. At the same time it offers benefits like prohibition on child labor overseas, so why are so many people against it?

Other urls found in this thread:

independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-trans-pacific-partnership-trade-donald-trump-latest-a7430811.html
bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-11-17/philippine-growth-quickens-to-7-1-on-duterte-s-spending-spree
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because they're retards who fall for sensationalist claims. Killing the TPP is just going to hurt America & allies while strengthening China.

giving unprecedented power to a commission to run and regulate trade between these nations
this commission of appointed individuals will have higher authority than any single government body

If it's only a commission that deals with economic/trading policies between the member countries, then I don't see any issue with it.

Especially if each nation receives one member.

Sup hostile corporate takeover shills.
Want to bring your TTIP and toxic shit here too?
I hope Trump fucks your shillshit up.

Secretive dealing that is very nontransparent, including clauses on irrelevant things like tightening copyright restrictions. Also while there are some prohibitions on child labor, they are mostly incidental and not really doing much for it.

>someone has a different opinion than you
>HURR YOU WERE PAID TO DISAGREE WITH ME, THATS THE ONLY PLAUSIBLE EXPLANATION HERE

Something Something Muh jobs.

I think they're just mostly misinformed in the case of the USA. All the effort was on pushing it through, not selling it to the public.

There were a few legitimate concerns here but they've mostly been straightened out through negotiations. There was concern about the possibility of foreign corporations suing sovereign governments, but I think that has mostly been alleviated. I haven't heard anything negative about it in a while.

There would be big benefits for us and NZ in opening new markets for our shit.

>Secretive dealing that is very nontransparent,
All the details were released a long time ago.

Holy fuck. You cunts can't handle any banter, eh?
Or are you shilling for real? No wonder it went to your feels. ::DD:D

lol whose alllies? all of latam and seasia makes business with china, nooone cares that you will be left out soon. fi that wasnt enough, give me one good reason why any country except eastern europe maybe, would shoot themselves with this to keep you in the stage. you fatfucks are delluded

>If it's only a commission that deals with economic/trading policies between the member countries, then I don't see any issue with it.
>Especially if each nation receives one member.
these aren't elected members that can be removed by any government though

at any point they could just say fuck off to a government and then do their own thing, with no accountability outside of the commission

t. Am*rican Jew
t. Am*rican diaspora

Seriously though if you support """""free trade""""" agreements you deserved to be gased or shot to death

Then clearly, there is a need for reform. And some sort of democratic process (most likely indirect) ought to be instituted.

the thing is, it's been 7 years now since the deal has been brought to the table, if they couldn't have fixed it by now, then its a good thing that it has been tossed

>prohibition on child labor
That's actually not always a good thing. Some families are completely dependent on it and by prohibiting it, because it makes you feel good, you've forced them into worse poverty and potentially worse things, like prostitution.

That's exactly why I'm against it.
Just accept that the world will be ruled by the Chinese already.

independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-trans-pacific-partnership-trade-donald-trump-latest-a7430811.html

>m-muh coal

Dumb orange clown want to destroy U.S Pacific domination for more jobs in fucking coal industry. Can't his team think of a reason that easier to swallow. I can't believe China is now pushing for more free trade deal, green energy, climate deal while U.S go full industrial revolution.

Who would have thought China is turning more and more like the U.S while the U.S go more backward to become China. What a fucking irony

I think it's a bit bizarre Americans opposed it
Obamas administration spent years convincing their trade partners to push it through their governments
It was a borderline imperialistic agreement meant to strengthen Americas position while weakening Chinas
and it was killed off in a couple of months
rather funny, really

>Being this butthurt over US withdrawing from the Pacific
>Vietnamese flag

Why am i not surprised by this

Dem muhfuckin joos

t. teenager in a fedora

By the time you finish high-school hopefully you'll learn how trade works.

>What's wrong with the TPP?
It's not RCEP
Pls invite us

Populism, not even once.

nothing, retards got memed on by trump

>all the Asians and India
>bring along their token white friend, Australia
Kek

>does nothing to help the US
>nafta on steroids basically, and nafta fucked our shit up hard
I think it would be better for you to explain how this would help us, since I've never actually seen anyone do that.

In fact, how about we all educated ourselves by googling 'pros and cons of the TPP.'

Just kidding, I know no one here will do that. Not even the US congress or senate read the 'agreement.' Why would anyone here?

Why did I oppose it though? Mostly because It also provides a trade alliance that gives the United States an excuse to intervene in trade disputes in the oil-rich South China Sea. China has been beefing up its military to back its incursions in the area.

I don't want fallout irl, thanks.

t. Zhao Wan Fat

>All the asians and india
What, are Indians european?

Stellar argument

Also, they already admitted that this would really only help people making over 70-80 grand a year. Like NAFTA, it will screw the lower and middle classes hard.

In case you were wondering, only 20% (1 in 5) of Americans make over 80k a year.

This. Obviously prohibition of child labor is pretty much required for any first-world country, but for a third world country it would be best for it to start on a steady track of industrialization before it becomes feasible.

Ozzie banter cannot be contained

Child labour means a mass of children with no schooling or adaptation into a school environment. You'll essentially have a mass of dumb adults. That's never a good thing.

They're south Asian. Brown skins.

We learned our lesson on trading exclusively with USA. Your economy fucked us up and Asia during 1990.
Never again we will trust your self-serving trading deals.

t. Brain-dead Duterte voter

and Child labour is really awful because of that. There's stories of adults I know who had to leave school to work so they never got a schooling past a certain point and they have no adaption to a school environment to thrive. It's basically super hard to integrate kids back into a school system if they left it long enough.

Retard. The U.S is the only country that actually gives a fuck about the Philippines you China-serving cuck.

People take American support for granted. We'll see how that'll work out for you once China takes over and occupies your pathetic island.

Exactly, hence the
>Obviously prohibition of child labor is pretty much required for any first-world country

t. neo-con/neo-liberal from M*lbourne

Implying that accepting a """"""Free trade"""""" agreement that the US congress didn't read before signing it is a good idea
t. brain dead Hilary supporter

>caring about nations that will hate us no matter what we do
There's a reason that isolationism is increasingly popular.

We should just be friends with Russia and China. Everyone else is dead weight.

>U.S as the center of the world economy

Americans are the white archdevils they should never be trusted even once

>We should just be friends with Russia and China.

Fuck that. We should just have the same foreign policy as we did pre-WW1. Make like Teddy Roosevelt and allocate vast swaths of military funding to our defense budget instead.

>Philippines Posts Strongest Economic Growth in Asia at 7.1%
>Nation seen as among fastest-expanding in the world until 2018
Is this the power of Du30?
bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-11-17/philippine-growth-quickens-to-7-1-on-duterte-s-spending-spree

>rather funny, really
Not for us.

Yes China, Russia, and Philippines against the West.
CRAP
R
A
P

>Let's be isolationist while China and Russia expanding their influence internationally cucking our interests, hey but at least we can be friends

And isolationists have the nerve to call other cuck

CHINK'D

>caring about your own people instead of faggot foreigners
Literally the opposite of being a cuck.

Sorry gook, time to bow to your chinese overlords.
I am okay with fuck everyone who isnt us isolationism as well.

>Opposes it because you are scared of China
>NAFTA screwed over the lower and middle class

Holy shit, the average voter is an idiot

People do not appreciate the global American presence. They think the U.S is some grotesque evil empire that invades every country's sovereignty.
Wait until China gets to power. We'll see how they'll annex half the globe that didn't want us there.

Your posts are lacking in arguments, m8.

>Wants war with china
>Incapable of looking up easily accessible economic data, or refuses to because it would prove him wrong about his religion of free trade
The average neocon, everyone.

Lol China's military is shit you goat fucker. They ran from South Sudanese rebels and left their gear. REBEL ffs.

>Thinks China will go to war with the USA over a few trade deals
>Believes in tariffs, currency manipulation and embargoes

The 17th century called, they want their mercantilism back.

>doesn't believe in things that work
>3rd grade level of english reading comprehension
>M-MUH FREE TRADE
neocons, not even once.

I'll wait until you finish school before continuing this argument.

>and Philippines

Enjoy Chinese snot on your sidewalks paquao. In what parallel universe is laying yourself with those shitholes better in any sense?

>implying we don't already have them

dumb white pigs as usual

Well you can thanks Cletus and every other hick for fucking up an important counter-hegemonic tool against the Chinese. Ironic that Trump talked so much about fight CHYNA but he basically gave China the best possible fucking deal by fucking TPP shit up.

>mercantilism
>bad

Mercantilism is only bad for countries that aren't self-sustainable, like yours.

Let's the rich ship jobs overseas way easier and lets corporations sue governments.
Terrible for american workers.

>American education

>Australinigger beggar expat trying to chirp in again
Back to Sup Forums

Boy, you are exceptionally stupid.

It'll be great for the business sector and the rich not so much for the average worker. Kinda like NAFTA and all our other """free""" trade agreements.

Also seriously, Drumpf should just jump off his fucking tower if he cares so much about making this country great again. The man has no fucking clue how geopolitics works.

>All
How do you know?
You don't.

They still did secret back room talks.
Bull fucking shit all of it was released

And it giving corporations more power than governments. That can't be removed without unelected members of a seperate court that can hold its own trials.
Can fuck right off.
It also did nothing for people seeking work.
And if it were "inevitable globalism"
Then can I move to any of those countries, for free, so I could work.
No.
Didn't think so.
The only good that could have came out of that.
Would be the supreme court ruling it as unconstitutional and nullifying and setting precedent that no trade deal will be allowed like that.

yeah guys! just spread your ass cheeks and let corporations fuck you in the ass like a good goy!

NAFTA
helped no one but big banks
TPP would have done the same.

t. butthurt globalist

>shit from China will be cheaper
how is this a bad thing?