So we're all in agreement that Springsteen is the greatest American songwriter of all time, right?

So we're all in agreement that Springsteen is the greatest American songwriter of all time, right?

And that Born to Run to Born in the U.S.A is the greatest album run of all time?

If you don't agree with either of these statements, please even TRY to argue.

>inb4 buttmade Dylan fags

Get off of Sup Forums dad

Dad please.

I rank him third after Brian Wilson and Avey Tare

I agree.

He's great everything from his debut to Born In The USA is gold, but he's definitely not -the- greatest. Even his best work can feel pretty redundant at times.

Literally the GOAT album streak

He's literally an 80's Bob Dylan

certainly the best at capturing the American experience.

he was releasing records since the early 70's. you can't even get a timeline straight.

yeah... I guess if you're a boomer that loves corny shit

Only 3 of those albums are good, and Nebraska is not one of them

This is how I know you don't know shit about music.

Brian Wilson exists. Enjoy your corny songwriting you tasteless faggot.

Gtfo dad.. You're embarrasing me infront of my friends.

>Brian Wilson
>not corny

so edgy

How is his songwriting corny?

I haven't listened to lots of his albums, but even if i'm not that found of Born In The USA, i love the man and his music. He's not a great singer, not a great musician, not the best lyricist, but he makes fantastic songs, the dude is a miracle.

Also, you can't listen to this album and have a bad day.

Plus

Fuck, Plus My City Of Ruins is one of the best songs i've ever heard

Listen to Darkness on the Edge of Town if you haven't already, it's his best in my opinion - The River is also brilliant.

>I done my best to live the right way, I get up every morning and go to work each day
>But your eyes go blind and your blood runs cold, sometimes I feel so weak I just wanna explode
>Explode, and tear this whole town apart
>Take a knife and cut this pain from my heart, find somebody itching for something to start
>Well the dogs on Main Street howl, 'cos they understand, if I could reach one moment into my hands
>Mister I ain't a boy, no I'm a man, and I believe in a promised land

Nebraska is good. He should've made more music like that.

>Not Dylan

He did

I agree, in America he's the greatest of all time

I remember not liking Bruce when i heard his first two or three albums because he kept on quoting other artists and copying Dylan or Van Morrison.

Im a fan now but that feeling has never went away. Plus he hasnt made a good album since Tunnel of Love.

>he hasnt made a good album since Tunnel of Love.
Human Touch, Lucky Town, Devils & Dust, Tracks and The Promise are all good albums, but I agree on the fact that the second part of his career has been a little disappointing

>Tracks and The Promise

I agree these are good but they are hardly 'new material'.

No, Lou Reed is the best American songwriter and all other songwriters are shit-tier compared to him. Nobody, I mean nobody, compares to Lou Reed as a lyricist. Not Dylan, not Neil Young, not Patti Smith, and definitely not your favorite cheesy dadrock artist.

those lyrics are horrible

how is it not

The best American songwriter is either Bob Dylan or Mickey Newbury.

holy mother of bait

nice meme

go listen to death grips faggot

Only plebs hate Springsteen.

Son, I...

bruce springsteen is so bad why does anyone like him? his tight jeans? the butt? his band with the saxophone guy? what?

Which artist has the worst fanbase: The Beatles, Bob Dylan, Nick Cave, or Bruce Springsteen?

Nick Cave

At least i can understand why fans like the other three.

Radiohead. Now fuck off.

check out The Ghost of Tom Joad.

some of the replies in this thread are embarrassing but then I remember that I also hated Springsteen when I was 16.

holy shit this. check out The Promise as well, it contains many demos and outtakes from this era of his songwriting.

Meant for

Beatles. There's a lady in a record store nearby that loves the beatles, and I said that the White Album is great, but inconsistent, and her eyes lit up in anger and she told me I knew nothing about music. She was a hippy in SoCal in the 60's and worships the Beatles, but what I said wasn't even a dis. I seriously considered going full The fact that...

You're still allowed to hate Radiohead here without fanboys jumping on your ass

There is no place, in real life or the Internet, that you can shit on Bob Dylan even though he's not very good. I swear, he just cultivates a faux-literary persona so people just ASSUME that he's a genius even if they don't enjoy his music. Bob Dylan is the biggest hack in pop music history.

Cave has nothing in common with the others.

Also, Springsteen probably has the worst fanbase, but i like him even more than Dylan.

>overrated singer-songwriter with fans that get buttmad about if you insult him on a Taiwanese image board
He belongs there

You really are blind if you think Born in the U.S.A is a good album in comparison

Born to Run to Nebraska is a very good streak though

Listen to Atlantic city by him then by the band... It's not even a comparison

my fucking man