I don't really keep up with boxing or have a deep knowledge of it...

I don't really keep up with boxing or have a deep knowledge of it, so I was hoping that maybe some of you here could possibly help answer this question. It's a simple one.

Why was this man never beaten in the ring before?

He has had 49 fights, 49 different times to lose against someone at least once, but it never happened. Can someone here explain to me why? I am not a boxing fan so I can't do it myself, but this is something I find interesting.

Because he boxed better 49 times. Also selective fights at the right time.

Fuck off back to the scene, Maynigger fan. You're fooling no one.

Thank you for your input. I mean't more along the lines of, what did his opponents fail to expose, or where did they mess up?

Or were they really just outclassed in every way?

Lastly, which fights would you say were selective?

get lost Maynigger faggot

Although I only ever watched Mayweather fights, I wouldn't really say I was a fan. I always rooted for the person he was fighting against. I only ever really watched his fights because the hype and promos got me interested in his fights.

He's probably the best defensive boxer of all time, in and out of the ring. He set fights up to favor his style, and had exemplary defensive technique (understanding his opponent's striking speed and range, understanding his own speed and range, great degree of head mobility even when he was up against the ropes, took his opportunities to punish opponents for mistakes, etc.)

Ok, the main point of his advantages are this:

-he had an old school style, this means his stance is based on his head off the centre line, blading his body to minimize the opponents target area, if you want to punch his face you need to past his lead shoulder first.

-he has an outsantding sense of distance, so he knows when he is in range to punch his opponenet and when he is in range to be punched by his oppoenent.

-he uses angles in offense and defense, this means he can attack from certain sides and escape for other, also in defense he can move to other side of the opponent. (he never stays in front of his opponent in a static stance)

-pro active defense, see when he throws a right hand he almost does the motion of ducking the left hook after throwing the right hand, this decreases the chances of getting caught by a punch after he punches.

-handspeed, he has an amazing handspeed combine this with the previous pints and he becomes pretty hard to fight. Almost every fighter with fast hands lacks some of the previous pints because they fall in love with the speed it happens the sames to power punchers.

-Great defense, along with pro active defense he knows how to respond different situations when in defense so he is almost safe in most ocassions.

-then the part that i dont like about him, minimized the risks of the opposition he was facing, be it ring size, glove size, etc. so he always looked for an advantage, also the fact that he waited in some cases to the opposition to fade taking into account that his style loses less when older that other styles.

And the final one but that doesnt goes directly to mayweathers account, modern boxers focuses more on athleticism than technique, with a few exceptions, boxing teachers are a rare breed tha apex of the sport in a technical standpoint was in the mid 30s to mid 50s to slowly decline the next years, also the am. got fucked by awarding volume punching over effective boxing.

i think this are the main

nice post m8 would read again

>ring size

It's not standard?

He lost against Castillo. Maydana and De la hoya were beating him but shited the bed at the end.

He is talented, no doubt, but he mainly knew how to exploit the sport with biassed rules and judges.

Maidana *

Lol count the thrown punches and accuracy yourself.
Mayweather won all fights, keep hating.

Combination of skill and business acumen.

He has excellent defensive skills and often out-worked his opponents with little effort. Over time, he worked himself into a position where he could dictate terms, and pick his opponents, taking a low-risk, high-reward approach to managing his own career under the advisement of Al Haymon.

By the time he faced anyone who stood a decent chance of beating him, they were either washed-up (Gatti), too old (Pacquiao), or had huge weaknesses he could exploit in the ring and were never really threats to begin with despite his insistence to the contrary (Berto.)

Be that as it may, he's still one of the best pure boxers of all time.

fuck off venancio

No, both ring size and the type of gloves are negotiable. Believe it or not, that's been one of the seedier parts of the sport since the beginning. The "a-side" of negotiations generally gets preferential treatment.

chose fights, he boxed during the shittiest level period in history of boxing, the most boring boxing nigger of all time.

by having the best defence ever and always coming in prepared, and not fighting dumb to impress people. But his defence is actually incredible, and he has a 6th sense for slipping punches its amazing.

He was really fucking hard to hit, lightning fast and a boxing brain to match it that was always a step ahead with the perfect counterpunch ready. He never hit hardest, but he always hit most, nu far, and made some top class athletes look rather silly in the process.

>floyds career
>boxing in general

once he got out of the featherweight classes he started picking his fights very carefully. The higher his win count the more selective he got.

you can't put enough asterisks by his record

>connect percentage and punches thrown being relevant to who wins a fight.

This is why Compubox is fucking retarded. You get retards like this.

this is true, he only beat every relevant fighter available the ducking faggot

hes lucky he didnt have to face anyone with normal height and weight

Anyone got stream/link for parker vs takam?

Simple.

The man picked his own fights

>DLH beating Mayweather at any point in their fight

Thanks for confirming that you just looked it up on boxrec and didn't actually watch the fucking fight. But then, you're a beaner, so you probably would have thought DLH won even if he had been knocked down in every round.

>shit-awful gif
>2.92 MB

damn bruhsephilitis

Ducked prime Pacquiao.

wasn't an idiot who thought that throwing 400 punches with 20% landing is better then throwing 250 punches with 40% landing.. also speed and defense

most believe he did lose at least once in the 1st fight with jose luis castillo.