Now that the ashes have settled, what did you guys think of this?

Now that the ashes have settled, what did you guys think of this?

It's one of my favourites by Suffy, right behind Age of Adz and All Delighted People.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=SaDiuu-Wtw0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's a very good album

kinda boring DESU

>Now that the ashes have settled
I see what you did there

Top 3 suffy for me

Age of Adz > Illinoise > Carrie & Lowell

Ridiculously good album, but it's also some of the saddest shit I've ever heard, in both its lyrics and its atmosphere. Somehow I can jam to Joy Division in any mood, but this album is such a downer. I'm a very depressed person, and I even have this album on vinyl, but somehow I haven't been nearly miserable enough to put it on in the last year.

I honestly haven't listened to it enough. For me right now its

Age of Adz > Illinois but it depends on the day.

Same. The few times I listened to this one I got super depressed but was also impressed by the music. So I don't listen to it often.

My favorite Sufjan album as well as my AOTY for 2015. I didn't expect to like it as much as I did since every other Sufjan album I've listened to before didn't "wow" me as much as everyone else. However, C&L is just a simple but haunting album, with lots of beautiful moments.

There is literally no reason to listen to this album in 2016.

I listened to this album when my childhood friend died of leukemia. It helped me cope a bit.

the only thing I remember is "you checked your texts while I masturbated"

There is literally no reason to listen to music

Sufjan is cute!!!

its a great album

still cant make it thru fourth of july without crying tho

>sufjan will kill himself in your lifetime

Not if I kill myself first.

Is there any backstory on eho are Carrie and Lowell? Is that a photo of them on the cover?

Did you listen to the lyrics on the album? It should be fairly obvious.

His parents, dummy

very good album, very mature, carrie&lowell and seven swans are my favorite sufjans works cause i'm emo

Boring and unnecessary. That vocal effects ruin his voice. The mastering is pretty bad too (you can hear an air conditioner on one of the tracks). Even the shit he did with Sisyphus in between Age of Adz and this sounded better. Seven Swans took a similar approach and did it much better.

>you can hear an air conditioner on one of the tracks
that sounds like it would be intentional fampai

uuu
m.youtube.com/watch?v=SaDiuu-Wtw0

It is. He said that he recorded in his apartment and spots from his childhood. But it still sounds like shit as a result.

that's the spirit

I've only listened to the Age of Adz and loved it. I think this will be the next one, hopefully soon.

i really love this album. it has so much heart beautiful melodies, and powerful and well-written lyrics. i also disagree with that comment about the production. there are some tracks where the production is actually pretty interesting, and every instrument really melts into eachother while still staying distinct. Death With Dignity has a cool recording technique where he has two guitar tracks panned in wide stereo with the right channel having a steel string and the left channel has a nylon string. they're played really tightly insync so it just ends up sounding like a really unique guitar sound. not really astounding, but i think he really put thought into the production and it worked out well in my opinion.

Definitely an great album.