What's with this trend of mainstream talentless hacks hiring near-famous indie artists to be in their albums

What's with this trend of mainstream talentless hacks hiring near-famous indie artists to be in their albums

FJM, Beck, Florence, Josh Homme, Kevin Parker; this is a blatant "indeh cred" move

Independent artists are looked at as being on the cutting edge of the next trend and top 40 acts want to be the first to have that sound associated with them on a mainstream scale.

With that comes a dilution of quality t b h

consider this: those artists like Lady Gaga

consider this: that doesn't necessarily mean they will make good music together. Perfect Illusion is fucking trash

consider this:They're gonna make more money off that track than you will in your life

beck hasn't been indie since the early/mid 90s

josh homme is in one of the most popular rock bands around.

these aren't "near famous" artists bro.

Lady Gaga, along with Beyoncé and Frank Ocean, thinks that if she creates something in-between mainstream pop and indie pop the general public won't call her old hack like they do with Britney and Madonna (who still make pop music that a 20 year old would do). I hope this backfires desu because Lemonade is shit and Blond is mostly shit.

consider this: They're also gonna make more money off that track than you will in your life, but at least I'm not deaf and retarded defending Gaga

Money can't buy quality m8

>Near famous

Literally all of them have headlined. And all of them especially Kevin Parker have talked about their love for pop music.

This is in comparison to Gaga, and any other dolled up whore they pay to sing that's famous right now

>Lemonade is shit and Blond is mostly shit
Fucking finally, someone who gets it

lady gaga is the best and indie has been dead for years
time 2 grow up or stick to listening to shitty ass teen suicide

(OP)
consider this: Perhaps Lady Gaga likes those artists (who ever said that top-40 pop artists can only like/listen/wish to collaborate with only other top-40 artists?) Music listeners complain all the time about how boring mainstream pop music is if you listen to it closely. Imagine what it must be like for the people who actually make it.

>implying those buttindie artists make any less boring music
Rock music died in 1991
Pop died in 2009
Hip hop is dying
Electronic music is mostly tryhard shite and died in 2000

>I'm gonna hate every single popular artist without considerating them at all, that makes me cool and special
fuck off hipster

Why the fuck are you including Frank Ocean there

The guy released Blond with no label and has been a ghostwriter for years, he only had one mainstream hit.

>dude im gonna pretend to like every single pop artist so that i can look cool and relevant
>also women and blacks are the only ones making good music fyi!!!1
poptimists are the new hipsters

Beck has been on the periphery of the mainstream since Odelay was a smash. The remarkable thing is that he's been able to release stuff as good as The Information and Mutations in that time.

Having said that, I'm worried he's gone too far now, and decided to cash in on the recognition that his Grammy win got him among the idiots. His pal Sia must've told him how much many he can make by selling out and making insipid shit. Dude's got a young family, maybe he just wants the cash.

Frank Ocean is mainstream you faggot

Just because he isn't Thriller level famous doesn't mean that he doesn't exist you tard, I don't know why Sup Forums likes to pretend that because an artist isn't breaking records that they don't exist and that only us "music lovers" know about some shitty RnB faggot

Everyone knows Beck. He was in Futurama and his work has been in lots of mainstream stuff.

Beck won album of the year at the grammys come on who the fuck are you plebs kidding. He was on the fucking simpsons for fuck sake.

I'd rather have them pick indie artists who aren't as popular then for them to have the same 15 artists on every album.

>He was on the fucking simpsons for fuck sake.