>Runner-Up
Skeleton Tree
>Worst
Rings Of Saturn
>Underrated
Magneto
>Overrated
Distant Sky

great album overall, a weird album, which represents a huge change for Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds; his creative process and his writing process are not the same anymore. The songwriting is a bit fickle, but Nick saves it all with the pain that you can feel in his singing and his voice : most of the time, he doesn't sing (god i love his spoken word), and when he does, it's with this deep, lyric crooner singing. I agree that the synths are sometimes a bit cheesy and that it's going to far in the pathos in one or two occasions. It's a deeply sad album, but at least, with the title track, you can feel that he went through the grief, with this awesome and smart "And it's all riiiiiight" closing the album. I won't give it a rate yet, i don't like rating albums at all.

Second half is a bit weak. Somehow it goes from relatively interesting poetry to questionably cheesy lyrics (I Need You, Distant Sky). Better than last record for sure at least.

>Best
Skeleton Tree
>Runner-up
Girl in Amber
>Worst
Rings of Saturn
>Underrated
Jesus Alone or Magneto
>Overrated
I Need You

Op here, i think it's really cohesive and constant, even if Distant Sky totally kills the second part with the cheesy female vocals. Nick grew to old for true duets. I bet that if he sings it solo it would be a great song.

>Worst
>Rings of Saturn
I agree

>Overrated
>I Need You
i fucking disagree

Distant Sky would be the best but manages to be the worst because of the female vocal.

It's not that I dislike it, I really like the whole album, I just didn't see it as one of the stand outs.

YOOOUUU'RE STAAAANDIIING IIIIIIIIN DAAAAA SUUUUUUUPERMARKEEEEEEET

How long did it take for you to start crying? Third song for me.

I need you is my favorite

I discovered the songs in the movie. That scene where Susie Cave shows a painting by Arthur Cave got me, and i almost cried at loud with I Need You. And then, Distant fucking Sky got me back to reality with its awful female vocals.

Also, the ending credits feature a cover of Marianne Faithful's Deep Water by Cave and his sons, and just then, a lo fi demo of Skeleton Tree with just Cave and his piano. Emotional as fuck.

I actually think "Rings of Saturn" has one of the more interesting sets of lyrics on the album. I don't understand why people seem to consider it lesser than the rest.

"Skeleton Tree" is my favorite.

>Best
Magneto
>Runner-Up
Anthrocene
>Worst
Jesus Alone
>Underrated
Rings of Saturn
>Overrated
Distant Sky

I'm one of these people, and the synths are just too fucking cheesy and the song appears to go fucking nowhere. The lyrics are good tho.

I'm not entirely sure what to make of it, but it clearly goes somewhere.

I don't mind the synths.

Rings of Saturn is beautiful you bitter fucks.

ooooh ooohoooho
ooooh ooohooho

this

i'll forever be grateful to Nick because he put "Fou Na cruz" on the good sun, definitely one of the most sublime musical moments of all time. Hes a goat.

This is already great and this is not even rap. This is great and i aint heard it. Its Cave, man, not a caveman.

Can someone please post a download link

it streams on YouTube and it's on soulseek

First thing i noticed listening to rings of saturn where also the synths that seemed a litlle cheezy or out of place for a nick cave song it immediately puts me off.
However after a second listen i think it fits the song pretty well actually, it makes it more dreary and i guess anxious in a sense i like it.

goat

>but the echo comes back empty

this is shit

Is it my overactive imagination, or is there a baby's cry at the end of Girl In Amber? Pretty spooky tbf

>overactive imagination
No you snowflake of course it's there on purpose

>Best
Jesus Alone
>Runner-Up
Skeleton Tree
>Worst
Distant Sky
>Underrated
Anthrocene
>Overrated
I Need You
but PTSA was perfect

It was also the third song for me. I was borderline sobbing. I saw it during the movie though.
You got far as fuck before crying. I'm almost jealous.

>mfw

>Oh, the urge to kill somebody was basically overwhelming

I saw a guy on the tram with the CD of this yesterday. Didn't know it just came out, gonna have to check it out.

I love that sincere cheesiness that Cave does sometimes, like the line about not believing in angels in Into My Arms.

In the movie, when he talks about time being elastic and how you can keep living life but you'll always be tied to this one event, that one moment of trauma, that got to me. That's gonna stick with me a while.