How can modern music even compete

How can modern music even compete

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EKLSKaHKXe4
youtube.com/watch?v=oQ1oWHHAeH0
youtube.com/watch?v=LJR4t1TKACA
m.youtube.com/watch?v=SaDiuu-Wtw0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It can't. That world is gone and we can only catch glimpses of it.

What I'm listening to right now. Not even the best song they have.

youtube.com/watch?v=EKLSKaHKXe4

>folkways
How's adolescence treating you?

>indulging in any form of low or folk art

kek

This really is an exceptional collection. It's endlessly interesting.

>he doesn't know Anthology of American Folk Music

This collection is seventy years old and the music on it is older. What are you saying, dude? That antiquated folk recordings are for...teenagers? What?

tell that to bela bartok, igor stravinsky, luciano berio, horatiu radulescu, gyorgy ligeti

What is this awful garbage and what does it have to do with this thread?

>meme composers

nice try famalam
call me when you move past the rymcore

What degree of mental gymnastics do you have to undergo to come to this conclusion?
This is one of the first points of call for any aspiring avant-teen. See: Like clockwork.

I've never met an adolescent who was into anything on Folkways, especially the Anthology.

>How can modern music even compete

You're not the sharpest tool in the shed are you?

most adults don't flaunt the boring shit they listen to to anonymous strangers

>including radulescu amongst those hacks

dude you got me im an avant-teen and I only listen to 30s country blues to impress people

truly you are the champion of the common man

You have shit taste. That song is embarrassing.

Worshiping volkways how fucking bourgeois, did you buy this at the mall?

Are you trying to communicate something

>folkways

lmao how's baby's first folk album. you want some chicken tendies to go with that you fucking manbaby poseur? bahahahaha

That's the whole core attitude of this forum: Nobody else actually enjoys anything. I have to explain to them why they supposedly like it but they're actually wrong.

You know absolutely nothing about Folkways. You've never listening to the Anthology and your understanding of this music is extremely shallow.

Sarcasm.

(You)

>avant-teens

literally the most popular trad music label and one of the most popular trad music anthologies

there's literally nothing special about your taste m8
I can see that you're upset because no one is impressed, but that's the way it is

This is the worst place in the world.

Dude I just wanted to make a thread about how much I love this album, didn't know that I'm not allowed to like it

I'll go make an MPP thread just to make it up to you

You're a walking meme.

Holy shit I have never met a more putrid cunt in my life. I'll post more music just to spite you.

youtube.com/watch?v=oQ1oWHHAeH0

I never said there was anything special about my taste, dickhead. Anyone who throws around the term "trad" knows jack shit about folk music of any kind.

This isn't even a valid form of [transmission of knowledge though a medium] what is it you're expecting me to [action]? I don't understand the meaning of [transcendental infinitive].

Nobody wants you to be impressed. I'm not trying to impress anybody, just wanted to say how good this album is.

What, would I not be an avant-teen if I posted an obscure compilation? Was Bob Dylan an avant-teen for enjoying this? Don't you think that it must be the most popular folk compilation for a reason, because it's brilliant?

More mallcore garbage. Embarrassing

You're so fucking embarrassing. You're the reason people that genuinely appreciate this music are stigmatised.

>damage control
everyone who actually listens to traditional music and browses Sup Forums knows about /trad/ general and trad music

you're the philistine here
honestly you're pathetic

God I wish this conversation was taking place in real life so I could call you a faggot to your face while the whole room laughs at your expense.

Just joining in to say its a great album and Harry Smith was a fascinating person.

>Baiting on an anonymous image board

Wow dude you really got me there, I feel real silly now. You gotta be Joey salads dude, is this a social experiment?

youtube.com/watch?v=LJR4t1TKACA

>strawman
>meticulously adhering to stereotypes
Yeah, I think you're done here.

So are you criticizing my music taste or assuming that I'm a cringy avant-teen because I posted a non-Sup Forumscore album?

"Trad" is completely and utterly meaningless. Most of the music on the Anthology wasn't really "traditional" music in any real sense. "Trad" is dumb. You're dumb.

Oh wow look at this! Bunch of poor illiterate country folk making music! So this is how the other side lives! They never even saw a lightbulb how fascinating!

Besides the fact that folk music is avant-teen bait, most of it is really simplistic or repetitive and boring. Shitty fans and shitty music, nothing redeemable about it.

Shut up and enjoy the music! ∩ (︶︿︶) ∩

see

This. Poor uneducated people makes shit music

Yeah old music played by peasants is so much better than the shit they play on the radio these days. Repost this if you were born in the wrong generation. Justin Bieber who?

Yeah old music played by peasants is so much better than the shit they play on the radio these days. Repost this if you were born in the wrong generation. Justin Bieber who?

"trad" is literally just short for traditional, autist

Face it music has been dead since 2013

You're allowed to enjoy several different kinds of music. You can like Delma Lachney and Justin Beiber. Bad strawman

>2013
More like 1913 amirite

Have you actually listened to the album? It's great. It's fascinating musically and lyrically and just very interesting and enjoyable.

But good enough bait, god you're dumb. Underage much, nugga?

What a shit thread.

The term "traditional" is completely meaningless. When jazz music emerged out of ragtime, it wasn't traditional it was new. Then later, people called that style of jazz "traditional" to differentiate between it and emerging forms like bebop. Many of the artists on the Anthology were recording in styles and forms that were only really emerging at the time they were recording. To call it "trad" misses the whole point and context.

Ballads disc is GOAT

If I wanted to listen to a illiterate retard id go ask my neighbor how his day went. Nigga, you sit down and listen to this hoe down shit? Yeehaaw, county fair core coming through

My peg, my peg, my peg, my awl

>they were poor and illiterate therefore they never made good music

Yup, sure do. I also fiddle at square dances. No shit.

>The term "traditional" is completely meaningless

The Grove Music Dictionary of Music says you're wrong.

Just a completely random grouping of entirely unique posters on the website Sup Forums

Are you 9 years old? You're actually looking shit up in a dictionary as a means of arguing?

This is my favorite song on the collection!

Carolina Tar Heels were great. Doc Walsh made some good banjo records on his own too, as did Clarence Ashley.

I think He Got Better Things For You is my favorite. I remember listening to it for the first time, and instantly knowing there was something special about it from those opening chord downstrokes. Love her bellowing voice

That goes for all of Sup Forums, though.

z
m.youtube.com/watch?v=SaDiuu-Wtw0

Holy shite everybody in this thread needs to get an attitude adjustment

This thread has escalated in a truly outrageous manner.

ITT: "How dare people like one of the most critically and commercially successful folk compilations of all time? Anyone whose favorite music isn't post-rock and memerap is lying".

see
Cool neurodevelopmental disorder, bro.

Only yanks could think their culturally barren shithole could produce the best trad folk.