That one song that almost ruins the album because of how bad it is

That one song that almost ruins the album because of how bad it is.

>Moonchild/The Deam/The Illusion

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oAusDxT4TSQ
m.youtube.com/watch?v=SaDiuu-Wtw0
youtube.com/watch?v=cnS3M6GUoD4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What
Moonchild is hella cool man

>Best song on the album
>Bad

You know, I actually can't think of a single example of this.
Only meh songs on mostly good albums or terrible songs on albums I didn't like anyway.

The first 2 and a half minutes are nice, but the other 10 or so minutes are just terrible, user.

Just a bunch of noises with silence in between them.

Everything other than 21st Century Schizoid Man is dissapointing tbqh

Revolution 9

>things that plebs say

Nuclear is my favorite song on the album

While I agree that those 10 minutes something aren't really my thing, the first two minutes are enough for me to call it good.

People will defend this track just as some sort of dickhead badge of coolness. It sabotages what's otherwise a really excellent record, but at the same time Moonchild is extremely true of King Crimson and prog rock to come. It's a precursor to the most boring wankfest of all time that is...well, basically the rest of progressive rock.

You're trying way too hard to sound more educated than you probably are

Yep, really flexing my intellectual muscles with a word like wankfest. Really putting myself out there.

I've never heard of free improvisation
I've never listened to free jazz
Contemporary classical is unknown to me
'Abstract art', what is that?
I've never visited an art gallery
What are these strange sounds?
don't assault me with these noises
it's just a bunch of noises
with silence in between them
I'm just a plain old pleb
A big ole' pleb,
with no knowledge of the avant-garde

that's why I said "trying" m8

>Emit Remmus

Suck a fart out of my ass

ITT: Plebs

[spoiler]why am i here as well [/spoiler]

I don't know what about that post makes you think he was trying to sound educated.
Although, I don't like prog rock myself either ("boring wankest" seems pretty accurate), but I find it difficult to condemn an entire genre like that. But then again, this is Sup Forums, negative opinions get exaggerated a whole lot here.

Disparaging Moonchild should be a bannable offense on Sup Forums. It's the avant-garde piece that most plebeians have heard because it was included amongst a collection of more accessible songs (for whatever reason no one complains about Revolution 9). All posting a thread like this does is start a flame war.

The idea that non-commercial or conventional art is "hard" to appreciate is a myth. Good art is compelling, and Moonchild totally isn't.

[projection of an internal subjective assessment into object reality]

Moonchild is real bad son

youtube.com/watch?v=oAusDxT4TSQ

>Revolution 9

How DARE you say that about the best track evaar. Except for the yoko ono section at the end. Fuc kthat

Passat Dream or Date W/Ikea
Fuck Spiral Stairs, responsible for 90% of bad Pavement songs.

>he skips Moonchild

>Changes

Wrong

this, imho
m.youtube.com/watch?v=SaDiuu-Wtw0

you're wrong also

Revolution 9 was primarily composed by Yoko Ono. Yoko Ono is an artist who has contributed quite a lot to the avant-garde. It's quite an interesting phenomena that she is so hated in mainstream discourse, but so respected in academic musical circles for her contribution to the new york avant-garde scene.
The reason is fairly obvious of course, marrying a Beatle brought her unsought for attention from a public, the vast majority of whom are never going to understand avant-garde music, but nevertheless do (for whatever reason) enjoy her contribution to the Beatles music. She was in fact present at all recording on the Beatles last few albums, and was certainly an unofficial fifth member in terms of how big her contribution was.
If you disparage Revolution 9 and disparage Yoko Ono you are at least consistent in your philistinism, and could have some claim to authenticity, but to have such a conditioned anti-Ono reaction as to dislike something as soon as you perceive it to have been in some way tainted by Yoko Ono, only betrays a sort of inauthentic philistinism. A philistinism which is not organic, but one which has been inculcated through external conditioning, 'brain washing' you might call it.

Maxwell's Silver Hammer

This

youtube.com/watch?v=cnS3M6GUoD4

Tonight

Providence

When is this fucking awful "Moonchild is good" meme going to die off?

Wishful Beginnings.

I'd be okay with it if it was half the length tb h

As soon as it becomes the status quo

>I LOOKED AT YOU
>YOU LOOKED AT ME
>I SMILED AT YOU
>YOU SMILED AT ME

Let me guess - your favorite musician is Kanye or some other bland pop star?

Half the fucking lyrics on this album are borderline hilarious.

Nah, though I don't mind Kanye, I don't love him either. I like a lot of different shit, but if I had to pick a single genre, I do listen to a lot of Post Punk

>Lion in a Coma

nigga what

>Real

>not brother sport

Money isn't a bad song, but it completely destroyed the tone of the album. Without it, DSOTM would have been pure continuous psychedelic space-rock. My brain just naturally splits the album into "pre money" and "post money" halves

Why are you discussing a genre of music you don't have an interest in then?

If you like post-punk and don't like King Crimson or Van der Graaf Generator you are a pleb

>good kid

Fucking Karmacoma. It's not a bad song by any means (although Tricky's version on Maxinquaye is way better) it's just doesn't fit at all.

Same. It's so out of place.

I'll admit I haven't listened to either.
I've been holding off listening to King Crimson in particular, because I WANT to like it, I guess I'm waiting for a point where the very concept of prog rock doesn't leave a bad taste in my mouth.

Not like I have a shortage of music to listen to in the meantime.

>My brain just naturally splits the album into "pre money" and "post money" halves
That's exactly how it's supposed to be, given that Money is literally the first song on side two. It makes more sense when you take into account that there's going to be a short break in continuity anyway.

i mean, i like sound collage songs and is not inherently by that a bad song, but the samples are so boring and it doesn't too many interesting changes...