Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=SaDiuu-Wtw0
m.youtube.com/watch?v=xceynSS1C3k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

this desu:
m.youtube.com/watch?v=SaDiuu-Wtw0

Post-rock in general. or Noise Rock.

People try too hard to seem cool.

Screenshot is spectacular, just because you don't understand the genre doesn't mean everyone else is wrong faggot

I unironically like it. It's just so fucking good.

anything by radiohead

>people pretend to like this garbage

anything musique concrete

>I let Sup Forums form all my opinions for me

I genuinely like it. Took a few listens to start enjoying it

>dude just listen to it 10 times lmao

>Sup Forums hates Nosferatu Man

It's my favourite track on the album

>Albums people pretend to hate

Everyone on this board just listens to the same 10 albums to fit in

>not liking it right away

You will always be beneath me

I fell for the meme 4 times.
I only ended up liking frownland.
Therefore, if there are 28 songs on there and it takes 4 listens to like a single song, then you're looking at 112 listend before you like it in it's entirety fuck that.

not a very fast and bulbous post from you user

i find noise rock (especially no wave) to be exhilarating to listen to because it forces noise, improvisation and composition together in a very suspenseful and exciting way

A good example of this
m.youtube.com/watch?v=xceynSS1C3k

Pretty sure pic isn't unanimously the most loved album here, but its meme status has people vote for it or give it love regardless.

Love this album top 15 maybe top 10 all time for me still. I wonder every day whether I like it because of how good the guys are at writing music or how godly that producer was to get so much yet so little in just the right ways out of every sound.

I used to LOVE this album, but I am not in it as much as I used to be. Personally for me if I want epic technical guitar marveling I normally listen to like American Primitive stuff.

Name other hip hop groups that do legitimate maximalist production like this album does that's not De La Soul?

>inb4 dumb responses like Beastie Boys or Dr. Dre

To me Lick My Decals Off, Baby is far better because of how much tighter they are as a group and the better mixing on it. Yeah it's not le weird whacky man 100% of the time like TMR, but its weirdest moments outdo TMR when they do happen, and overall the album can offer more.

I hate the vast majority of musique concrete, but I'll admit that I do enjoy Kontakte by Stockhausen.

Fuck outta here. That album is one of my favorites of all time.

such a pleb. For Dinner is not that worse than any of the others. Nosferatu Man is GOAT.

Agreed
How do you not like the intimate depression of this album?
It's pretty good desu
I love a lot of this unironically because of the energy of the record, it does get taxing to listen to repeatedly though
>He doesn't get it
true
Love the Potato Album bro
>He doesn't get it
Good songs on Pic-related, but the whole thing is too much crescendo-core

>not liking Ella Guru

I expected to love this one but ended up not really enjoying it.

>He doesn't get it
You are LITERALLY the kind of cunt that says stupid stuff like this, but has listened to it cover to cover once.

Also who would try and pretend to like Explosions in the Sky? Who do you think they are trying to impress?

I found once I grew older and returned to this album it no longer applied to me because I wasn't a self- absorbed cynic anymore.

>Getting this triggered.

Sorry you have shit taste my dude

But listening to LYSF for the first time was one of my most profound musical experiences, there was no pretending there at all

but I'm literally telling you you're wrong, and are the void-of-taste sort of person who the thread is making fun of...

these are not true

great answer, it really only has two good songs

agreed

i really don't think people pretend to like this, it's a genuinely enjoyable and accessible record

might be true, some tracks are great but the whole thing as one work of art is lacking

not true; explosions in the sky aren't even that loved in the post-rock fanbase. i'm still a fan of crescendocore

op is right. that album is extremely overrated. if it wasn't so hyped up I doubt anyone would listen to it unironically

>It's another bland "let's shitpost about mucore again" thread

If you were all actually music fans, you make a thread aiming for real discussion, not just an epic muculture thread.

what the fuck is this?

why do you retards think it is ok to comment on everyone's opinions like your word is law, but actually sound less informed than the original posters...?

The only reason you think people have to "pretend" to like it is because you think it's too weird or strange to actually enjoy. Sure it's not a straightforward typical Rock album but it's actually not that strange or out of the ordinary though.

In other words you're a pleb.

I understand liking an album because you can relate to it. But that's not all there is to it for me, it's also just very well written and unique in a way that feels original rather than just weird to be different. Plus the drumming is fantastic.

This thread is shit

>why do you think it's ok to comment on other people's opinions
because that's literally what discussion is

people should never listen to this album first, and they definitely shouldn't listen to it if they only like Sup Forums core. listen to some free jazz, and get into surrealism in general like dali and stuff, and then come back to it. it's super imaginative and clever.

I'm guessing you're the guy who posted Swans

I can write a 10 page report on why Soundtracks is as phenomenal as it is, while I'm sure you can't get 5 legit paragraphs on why you think it's shit. You were just baiting to begin with, so then when somebody took the bait (me, I Guess). You're a shit person and cancer to this board, i suggest you leave, pleb
Goodbye

then you definitely need to go back and review your delivery, as the way you're wording things sounds more like you're trying to state facts, rather than you own personal opinions.

I think he's talking about how you say nothing about the opposing opinion and state your opinions as factual statements. You aren't really discussing by doing that

we all pretend to like mucore shit but why? to fit in? with who? Sup Forums? why would you want that?

I didn't, but I'm loving these empty threats.

/r/'ing this 10 page report. You have 16 hours.

(still laughing at this though)
>I can write a 10 page report on why Soundtracks is as phenomenal as it is, while I'm sure you can't get 5 legit paragraphs on why you think it's shit.
hahahaha

>I can write a 10 page report on why Soundtracks is as phenomenal as it is
/r/'ing this

>I can write a 10 page report on why Soundtracks is as phenomenal as it is
Well this thread just got interesting.

For dinner is the perfect segue, if the album went straight from washer to Good morning captain it would feel a little abrupt. For dinner is what makes the last track that much more effective. It's needed and it's pretty great actually.

My dude.... when you try this hard to defend your taste from shitposters you just embarrass yourself. There's no point in arguing with these people, no need to get all cringey

Just let people enjoy what they enjoy

literally the most accessible jazz album, why would anyone pretend to like this?

DON

man, I'm indifferent to Swans, but I need this report.

how's the report going, son?

Oh sorry people like things you don't. What the hell do you listen to? Sounds to me like you pay attention to music as a status symbol, which might mean you're exactly the piece of shit you speak so ill of.

Go fuck yourself.

>he doesn't like spiderland
how to spot a pleb 101

If you play an instrument and interestes in experimental composition you will be into post-rock and noise rock. If you aren't into any of these you won't really like it that much.

tl;dr you're a filthy pleb who probably listens to Kendrick and Kanye.

not that user, but post rock is almost always contrived shit. there's rarely anything complex or impressive about the composition.
>let's arpeggiate the same guitar chord for 15 minutes while we gradually get louder until we climax with with a huge crescendo.
>we're so much better than that juvenile rock and roll music

noise rock on the other hand, is usually pretty awesome