Post your top five albums and anons guess your ideal romantic partner

sufjan stevens - seven swans
the antlers - hospice
wavves - afraid of heights
xiu xiu - fabulous muscles
death grips - ex military

a fuckin corpse

Indie girl who hates the same things you do

A plain but cute girl who enjoys nature and calmness, is very airy and you struggle to make her live life. both of you would be enthralled in each other.

wtf is any of this

only motherfucker ive even heard of is klaus schulze

Barenaked Ladies - Gordon
R.E.M. - Murmur
The Smiths - The Queen Is Dead
The Tragically Hip - Up To Here
My Bloody Valentine - Loveless

Florence + The Machine - Lungs
KISS - Destroyer
Andrew Jackson Jihad - Knife Man
Desire - II
Neil Young - Live Rust

A sort of punk edgy girl who resents that culture. She used to have drug problems but doesn't any more. She exudes sexuality but is afraid of relationships and moves slowly in them. She knows all the coolest places but hates to set foot in them because of bad memories. As your relationship goes on you become inducted into her friend group.

okay i'll bite dude why do you like that kiss album that much

Aphex Twin - drukQs
Boards of Canada - Geogaddi
The Avalanches - Since I Left You
Oneohtrix Point Never - R Plus Seven
Fishmans - Long Season

can - future days
ween - chocolate and cheese
depeche mode - violator
fishmans - long season
talking heads - remain in light

The Velvet Underground-Loaded
Godspeed You! Black Emperor-f# a# Infinity
Swans-Love Of Life
Earl Sweatshirt-I Don't Like Shit I Don't Go Outside
Weezer-The Blue Album

a lovely but aimless girl. she's the most attractive person you've ever met and you don't understand why she likes you. you enjoy every second of your time together but you both wonder how long it can last, both the relationships and the stability of your lives.

laughing stock
pet sounds
the unseen
another thought
repeater

It's just such a revolutionary album in terms of influence. It's easy to take it for granted as 'dadrock' now, but for it's time it was a very solid hard-rock album that probably influenced thousands of kids to pick up a guitar and act a little wilder on stage.

Plus, it's a neat little concept album (loosely so) about the effects of fame and celebrity. Keep in mind KISS was a pretty lackluster band financially until Alive blew up, so I see Destroyer as sort of their first 'rock star status' album.

And speaking as a KISS fan, it's also the first album where we get songs that really go beyond 'fuck women and drink booze'. You start to see a little bit of each bandmate's persona. Minus Ace of course, but he was always billed as the sort of mysterious alien who never spoke.

as someone who hasn't listened to kiss and doesn't listen to much "dadrock" at all where you recommend I start in their discography?

fair enough, well explained

Timber Timbre - Creep On Creeping On
Death Grips - The Powers that B pt 1 and 2
Starfucker - Reptilians
Tom Waits - Mule Variations
Gorillaz - Gorillaz

Start with Alive, Destroyer, and Love Gun.

Then, if you want to get weird, listen to Music from the Elder. Otherwise, skip it.

Then listen to Creatures of the Night.

If you like 80's hair metal, or just really like Paul's voice and want to see him go crazy with it, listen to Lick It Up and Asylum.

Then, give Revenge a listen because it kicks ass.

Finally, close it out with Psycho Circus which is the big reunion album for the original four members.

Everything else is pretty much shit, though if you like the hair metal era (from Lick it Up to Revenge) you should listen to the rest of that era, since there are gems scattered in every album.

thanks user, I'm listening to alive now

Oh yeah, and if you like Ace's songs/solos you should listen to his solo album between Love Gun and The Elder. It is the only decent solo album of the bunch, and his rendition of New York Groove is something of a KISS standard.

Someone who wears dark colored clothes and someone who can belt out most of those albums with you. If it's a girl, they have dyed grey hair. If it's a dude, he wears only Vans and has an earring.

Someone sensitive. Someone you can call whenever you want and they will pick up if you are in a bad place. You guys listen to that Earl album on rainy days and Blue on good days. They wear cool sweaters.

Tears For Fears - Songs From The Big Chair
Japan - Tin Drum
Boris - Flood
Nujabes - Modal Soul
Ornette Coleman - Science Fiction

Fucked up my pic. Reposting for album art since i was too hasty on the download and I suck as a human being.

someone understanding and empathetic who thinks about all sides of an issue. the sort of person where it starts out as a deep meaningful friendship and one day you have a conversation about what you mean to each other. the sort of person you smile every time you see.

You just described all my relationships. Damn son you're pretty good.

Interesting Idea

>Daft Punk - Random Access Memories
>Fleet Foxes - Helplessness Blues
>Fleetwood Mac - Rumours
>Tame Impala - Currents
>Kishi Bashi - Lighght

I've already met her too, just a waiting game right now because reasons.

You think you want someone who will be loyal to you whom you can be loyal too as well, and will love deeply. However you only ever fall for women who lack a certain degree of empathy and you end up getitng hurt.
You want a girl that you can do anything with and go where with and have a good time. But at the same time be able to be independent of one another and not dependent on constant interaction.
You want a girl whom you believe is impossible and will ne'er come.

Gojira - From Mars to Sirius
Deftones - Diamond Eyes
Uncle Acid & the Deadbeats - Bloodlust
Quasimoto - The Unseen
Agalloch - Pale Folklore

>You think you want someone who will be loyal to you whom you can be loyal too as well, and will love deeply
spot on
>However you only ever fall for women who lack a certain degree of empathy and you end up getitng hurt.
i wouldn't know, i've never been an actual relationship before.

Amnesiac - Radiohead
Vespertine - Björk
Building Nothing From Something - Modest Mouse
Lift to the Scaffold - Miles Davis
Spirit They've Gone Spirit They've Vanished - Animal Collective

bumping this thread brotendos

bump

Most played albums in the last 7 days:

MDC - Now More Than Ever
Diners - Always Room
Sorority Noise - Forgettable
Spraynard - Funtitled