Who do you think has the best all time team...

Who do you think has the best all time team? If you could compile the best players at each position from any era for each team who would be the best?

even though i hate them, it's probably the Steelers

1. Cowboys
2. Steelers
3. Vikings
4. 49ers

over the history of the NFL? Steelers
best individual team ever? 86 Bears

Coach: Bill Walsh
OC: Mike Shanahan
DC: George Seifert

QB: Joe Montana
WR: Jerry Rice, John Taylor, Terrell Owens, Dwight Clark
RB: Frank Gore, Roger Craig
FB: Tom Rathman
TE: Vernon Davis, Brent Jones
LT: Bob St. Clair
LG: Guy McIntyre
C: Jesse Sapolu
RG: Randy Cross
RT: Harris Barton

LE: Fred Dean
NT: Leo Nomellini
RE: Cedrick Hardman
SLB: Charles Haley
MLB: Patrick Willis
JLB: Ken Norton
WLB: Dave Wilcox
CB1: Jimmy Johnson
CB2: Eric Wright
SS: Ronnie Lott
FS: Merton Hanks

K: Ray Wersching
P: Andy Lee

ah I think I made this a couple years ago, guess I should update it.

1. 49ers
2. Steelers
3. Cowboys
4. Patriots
5. Packers

this tbqh family

Rams...best d line and the GSOT plus Dickerson on O.

>Coach: Vince Lombardi

>QB: Aaron Rodgers
>RB: Paul Hornung
>FB: Jim Taylor
>WR: Don Hutson
>WR: James Lofton
>TE: Boyd Dowler
>RT: Forrest Gregg
>RG: Jerry Kramer
>C: Frank Winters
>LG: Fuzzy Thurston
>LT: Bob Skoronski

>RE: Reggie White
>DT: Henry Jordan
>DT: Gilbert Brown
>LE: Willie Davis
>ROLB: Dave Robinson
>MLB: Ray Nitschke
>LOLB: Clay Matthews
>CB: Herb Adderley
>CB: Charles Woodson
>FS: Willie Wood
>SS: LeRoy Butler

>K: Mason Crosby
>P: Tim Masthay

>Who do you think has the best all time team?
The 1972 Dolphins, this is not disputed or worth discussing again.

>If you could compile the best players at each position from any era for each team who would be the best?
Modern era. The guys previous to the 1990s were huge, but they all smelled like butter & bacon grease and the treadmill hadn't been invented yet so they would die chasing Adrian Peterson.

>WR: James Lofton
absolutely

>The 1972 Dolphins, this is not disputed or worth discussing again.
top kek

>The 1972 Dolphins
they said the best team, not the most successful one. those are two very different things.

"All time" team means the best players of each position in team history assembling to form one super team, not what team had the best single season ever.

>1972 Dolphins
>literal no name defense
>Bob Griese at QB
>having a fucking chance against any team outside of the weak as fuck early 1970s NFL

Also they played 12 games and won only 14 total with postseason. You know how many teams have gone 14-0 since then? Like 20. They're a thoroughly average team in terms of Super Bowl winners, hell even the 67 Packers or 69 Jets (or the 69 Colts for that matter) would rape them up and down the field

Name another undefeated team.

GOOD TALK, UNDERAGE B&

no, the regular season was 14 games, not their whole run. their total record that season was 17-0.

You're right that the '72 Dolphins were definitely not the best ever but they played a 14 game regular season and a 3 game post-season, going 17-0 overall.

I'm pretty sure only the '07 Patriots have done that since, but you know.

>picking Rodgers over Favre
Bold but I like it.

>Rodgers over Favre

My bad I'm kinda stoned so my research skills were a bit fuzzy, but my point still stands, they played in a watered down NFL. The Steelers hadn't hit the scene yet, the Packers and Cowboys were officially from a lost era, they beat the relatively pathetic fucking Redskins in the Super Bowl.

Favre is one of the greats and probably the most fun QB of all time but he would literally throw the most important games away. Rodgers is Mr. Efficiency.

>Rodgers is Mr. Efficiency.
Rodgers is Mr. Shrink in the Playoffs

Yet he already has as many rings as Favre in fewer playoff appearances.

Probably the 85 Bears.
They were better than anybody else.

Guaranteed replies.

Powerful argument....
Dipshit.

Is shrinking better or worse than throwing 6 interception in the playoffs?

On a second thought, this is more of argument when comparing him with the Montana/Brady types.

I'd take Rodgers over Favre, especially on a stacked team like an all time Packers selection.

Texans no doubt

49ers, Bears, Cowboys, Packers, Redskins, Steelers, Vikings, and maybe Broncos or Lions/Browns.

Ravens once had Rod Woodson, Ed Reed and Deion Sanders, lets ignore that both Sanders and Woodson were at the end of their careers, and if we add Suggs, Ngata and Lewis, that's a pretty good modern era defense.

Steelers. Their defense would be basically impenetrable, and they have a couple HOF running backs, WR's, and Antonio Brown who might be a better WR than any they've had already. Roethlisberger might be QB though, take that for what it's worth if you'd have to pit him against Montana.

Mexico kind of brings up a good point. Are we allowed to use peak version of any player who played for the franchise or just the version that actually played there?

plus they'd have a goddamn brick wall of an o-line

In which state of the united states, American football and the NFL in general. they are not popular?

Owner: Jerry Jones
HC/GM: Jimmy Johnson
OC: Norv Turner
DC: Tom Landry

WR: Michael Irvin
WR: Drew Pearson
TE: Jason Witten
T: Rayfield Wright
T: Erik Williams
G: Larry Allen
G: John Niland
C: Andre Gurode
QB: Tony Romo
FB: Moose Johnston
TB: Emmitt Smith
TB: Tony Dorsett

DE: Too Tall Jones
DE: Harvey Martin
DT: Bob Lilly
DT: Randy White
ILB: Lee Roy Jordan
ILB: Ken Norton
OLB: DeMarcus Ware
OLB: Chuck Howley
CB: Mel Renfro
CB: Everson Walls
S: Darren Woodson
S: Cliff Harris

K: Dan Bailey
P: Mat McBriar
KR: Bob Hayes
PR: Prime Time

Thailand pls

Patriots:

QB: Brady
RB: Big Jim Nance
FB: Sam Bam Cunningham
WR: Moss, Welker, Stanley Morgan, Cappelletti
TE: Gronk
T: Armstrong, Matt Light
G: Hannah, Mankins
C: Jon Morris

DT: Wilfork, Houston Antwine
DE: Seymour, Warren
ILB: Bruschi, Buoniconti
OLB: Tippett, Vrabel
CB: Law, Samuel, Haynes,
S: Harrison, Milloy

P: Camarillo
K: Vinny
Ret: Faulk

We're garbage in the backfield, at RB and FB, so the offense is Brady spamming balls to amazing receivers under an amazing O-line. On D, we got nothing up front, but could harass a passing game.

Coates should be there over one of the WRs and Revis is better than Samuel/Haynes.

Preferably the version that played there. It's kind of hard to count Brett Favre and Eric Dickerson for the Falcons, although in a case like Reggie White who was a beast on both the Eagles and Packers, I guess either/or.

You're my favorite autist on this whole site. Please come by more often. I'm serious, I'll answer any question you have about sports and logos that I can