General Thoughts On Qotsa

They're one of My Favorites and I'm not sure what other people think of them.

There's one song for every album that i would keep.

In clockwork is probably the best single rock album all the way through since Pearl Jam's Ten. As a whole album, not individual songs mind you

I love QOTSA. I play them all the time at work.

They're fucking great. The only real hiccup in their career I'd say is Lullabies to Paralyze.

All of their albums are worth listening to
...Like Clockwork is one of the best albums of the decade
Josh is a severely underrated artist, I feel like a lot of guitarists, singers, and songwriters over the next 20 years will name him as an inspiration
Theyre one of the few bands out there today keeping rock alive without pandering to a certain sound/fad

Those are my general thoughts on them

#2 fav band nest to cKy

Someone's in the Wolf is a really great track.

They don't fit anywhere culturally, figures they bring in the metal crowd.

They're pretty decent. Albums are inconsistent but they know how to write a riff and create a vibe

pic related is better than Like Clockwork.

They're one of the few bands I love that seem to appeal to everyone. I have yet to meet anyone irl who doesn't like qotsa at least a little bit.

>Josh is a severely underrated artist, I feel like a lot of guitarists, singers, and songwriters over the next 20 years will name him as an inspiration
They already have been for ages, it's just a shame the majority have sucked by comparison and not developed the sound. Josh pretty much invented his "robot rock" and has explored it with QOTSA better than anyone else.

>libertarian
dropped so hard
fucking racist

0/10

this

but Kyuss is still better

s/t is indisputable best QOTSA album

i dont think he is quite as libertarian as he says

Never listened to them. Where should I start?

Also, give me other great rock bands to listen to. Even old rock bands like the stones. I'm missing some good rock bands in my life.

>tfw i saw it played in its entirety live

that was a great night. tickets sold out within a minute for that show, it was insane

start with their first album

not memeing or anything

Thanks. Any other fantastic rock bands I should get out? Other guitar bands I love:

>The White Stripes
>Jeff Rosenstock
>Wolf Parade
>Radiohead (if that counts anymore)

have you listened to Hendrix?

Of course mate. Love him.

of course, of course.

not as good as kyuss

Why do you ask?

Radiohead, in rainbows and ok computer truly are great albums, not memeing l.

I know. Radiohead are one of my favourite bands. I'm just looking for some more fantastic rock bands to get into, if anyone has any suggestions I'm all ears. Doesn't have to be just straight rock. Can be prog, or blues rock or folk rock. Any of it really.

era vulgaris is unironically their best album

it was more a rec, listen to s/t album of that's your thing

Thanks.

Honestly that was the most experimental in terms of songwriting.

Ovlov-AM band from my area they're fantastic

Cheers. If you've got anymore hit me up. I listen to mostly hip hop so I've kind of closed off from rock music for a while, except for a few bands in particular. I really want to get back into more rock music though.

I thought clockwork made them pretty trendy, certainly has a less abrasive sound compared to the discography

That's not necessarily a bad thing. I have a high respect for artists who blur the lines between accessible and also experimental. Radiohead being a perfect example.

One of my favourite bands ever.

Are Kyuss great too?

There is also big ups before a million universes, but if you want more of that qotsa sound I would highly recommend humbug by arctic monkeys, josh hommes presence is really noticeable being that he produced the tracks

Different genre and sound, but I really enjoy their work as well. Listen to Sky Valley, and if you don't like it, I wouldn't continue into their discography.

Yeah they cop a lot of shit, but I really don't mind Arctic Monkeys. I think it's mostly the fan base that puts people off.

I'll check em out anyway. Thanks.

Never said it was a bad thing

I know :)

I love lullaby's, even though it gets some hate.

That's true, I thought they were another weak-ass bands beloved by teenage girl, but they have a really strong material