ITT: 10/10 despite flaws

Albums that are 10/10 (for (You) because the other songs outshines that one bad song
>pic related
>Know

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wVvoQIdD80U
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>10/10
>flaws

Besides, Know is a great song.

Pic related is a 9/10 because of Sue.

A 10 doesn't mean 'perfect', you stupid Scaruffi drone
It means that it's your favorite, it's your highest possible score
Having a scale of 10 when you don't use 10 makes no sense
You might as well say your favorites are 9/9
But you won't
Because you're a Scaruffi drone

Poledo doesn't really work in the context of the album, though I don't dislike it. The rest is 11/10 though and Poledo is basically just something stuck on the end so I still think it's a 10/10.
I think it's flawless personally. What parts didn't you like about it?
I like Sue. It reminds me of Swans.

I do use 10s, I don't use 10s if there's a whole track I dislike.

I just think it gets too repetitive with the simple riff and lacks the instrumental intricacy of his other songs. Still an ok song, just not as good as the rest of the album

very true senpai

Pink moon is flawless, though.

i liked the transition from poledo to just like heaven on the remastered cd

something about it just felt right

>Moonchild is good XD

No, it fucking isn't, but I ignore it because all of the other songs are amazing.

Moonchild gets outshined by the other songs for sure, but it's also pretty great

The prolonged, quiet beauty of Moonchild serves to counterpoint and enhance the cacaphony of the finale.

It serves its' purpose. Perfectly.

>Know
>bad song
ok kid

Whats the flaw on here?

Kill yourself retard

This would be 10/10 and their absolute best album if Kukoku no Kyouon wasn't boring as hell or devoid of any good moments.

Bryter Layter > Pink Moon

I don't like The Wasp but everything else is goat

This would be a 10/10 landmark of indie electronica if it weren't for Jimmy Joe Roche

>A 10 doesn't mean 'perfect',
It literally does you stupid fuckwit
If an album has flaws, that means it could be better, if it could be better, then what do you rate an album that IS better than your supposed 10/10?

youtube.com/watch?v=wVvoQIdD80U

pretty much perfect album.

how about this?

Now that I'm older, guilty pleasure but the only one I could think of desu senpai

The entire album is brilliant except for Drawing The Line.

This. Fuck Patterns in the Ivy. Everything else is gold.

>Porcupine Tree
mah nigga

This for me
>THIS PLANE....

>not liking The Wasp

that has some of Jim's best lyrics ever

I've been listening to a TON of PT lately for some reason. I was super into them in junior high/high school so ever since they've seemed a bit immature to me but revisiting them made me realise they have some dope shit

shit luck is still good though

On Maps there is this squeaky noise that sounds just like my chair and every time I listen to it I end up checking to see if it's my chair making the noise.

On The Run

yeah I agree On The Run outshines the other songs on the album

rt

Drawing The Line is alright because the high energy of it makes the title track more impactful.

On the other hand, even though the songs are good enough I find the second disc entirely unnecessary and most of the time I just pretend the album ends at I Drive The Hearse.

Great album though, been one of my favourites for a long time.

Butcher's Tale is the major flaw. Luckily I can just delete songs I don't like

Femme Fatale, his cover of it is so far from the quality of his original songs on this album

those songs near the end are terrible but otherwise this album is so good

Would be perfect if it weren't for Tell Her Tonight. Fuck I hate that song.

Moonchild needs to be there to work with the rest of that album.
It's a smart album order:
Loud-Quiet-Loud-Quiet-Loud.
Same reason For Dinner needs to be in Spiderland.

Johnny and Mary is a wonderfully done cover, but it doesn't -quite- fit with the rest of the album, even if it is an eclectic mix overall.

All the tracks are pretty good, but there is a pretty big quality difference between say, Heroin or I'll Be Your Mirror, compared to Run, Run, Run or European Son.

That's the centerpiece though. Makes the album imo.

This still holds up extremely well. Great album. A pitchfork album that surprisingly is actually worthwhile

I love pic related.
The only flaw are the chipmunk-vocals in "Nikes", but otherwise it's 10/10.
Also, i think that the skits have the function of dividing the album in 3 parts, besides one skit is about drugs, social interaction and nostalgia, and those are the themes of the album.

>Fuck Fantano half-assed reviews

Everybody loves this album

It's probably because it's one of the only albums released in like fucking decades where it isn't about someone being a self-aggrandising faglord, it's just about some fun nice tunes

Butchers Tale is one of the best songs sperglord. However I will admit that it doesn't fit into the vibe of the album well

This album is THE textbook example. Not all of the songs are God tier, but about half of them are, and the whole thing flows together so well I can't help but give it 10/10