youtube.com/watch?v=lqEoTN4BGPQ
youtube.com/watch?v=C35DrtPlUbc
youtube.com/watch?v=n295hjktHD0
youtube.com/watch?v=4B7ypA1fSwU
youtube.com/watch?v=Uuwc6MzbB9w
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>1963
>STILL listening to rock 'n' roll

Anybody else heard of this great new drug called LSD? I feel like it's going to change the face of music soon. Puts you in a real creative space.

Bohemians are degenerate, go bang on your bongo kid

posting AOTY

>muh cultural relevance

Fucking obnoxious kids with their annoying teen girl fanbase, they're talentless and will never get anywhere

I'm so glad our man Dylan doesn't touch any of that shit. No nonsense lyrics or noisy rock 'n' roll sound for him.

Literally who? Never heard of this album. Guessing it's a vocal quartet like The Four Lads?

>Literally who? Never heard of this album. Guessing it's a vocal quartet like The Four Lads?
>he doesn't watch Ed Sullivan

Think more along the lines of The Dave Clark Five. Though imo they'll never be as big.

Idiots are still talking about this garbage hack

>February 9th, 1964

Eh, I kinda see something in em, but they just need to knock off the love shit

lol I was gonna have a go at him, but he didn't do anything of interest in 1963

what will he do next

lol he looks like a mentally ill murderer

I don't know how much longer his sound can stay popular. I bet soon he'll be producing nobodies like

youtube.com/watch?v=bQstQST1GiM

Song of the year guys

>was sort of gay when I was a teen
>my parents put me in electroshock therapy
>depressed
>addicted to heroin
>working a shit job as a pop songwriter
>tfw threw away all of my opportunities and have only my Bob Dylan records to keep me company at night
I've been thinking of forming a band or something
Should I do it, Sup Forums?

There's this wave of hot as fuck french chicks singing like they're getting ready to suck your dick I swear to GOD

youtube.com/watch?v=lqEoTN4BGPQ

What a talentless hack.

>talking about sex vulgarly
Enjoy your ban

Just as long as you don't sound like

Good luck with that, faggot

I will

Lol you should kill yourself faggot

You know that guy who sings falsetto and plays the bass for the Beach Boys? He's actually a really talented songwriter and producer. I think he might be on to something. Give him a few years and I think he'll come up with something revolutionary.

>Buddy Holly is dead
>Little Richard converted to gospel
>Elvis is only singing faggy pop
>Jerry Lee Lewis is a sodomite pedophile
>Eddie Cochran is dead
>Chuck Berry is in prison

WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON

When do you guys think doo-wop will die?

You know that guy who sings falsetto and plays the bass for the Beach Boys? He's actually a really talented songwriter and producer. I think he might be on to something. Give him a few years and I think he'll come up with something revolutionary.

How can rock and roll go on without it's leaders and greatest artists? Nobody can replace Elvis or Buddy Holly. Might as well pack it up and start listening to freeform jazz.

time goes a lot faster when you're a faggot.

Nah, all they sing about is surfing. Nobody outside of California or Florida or wherever they're from can relate to that.

Jan & Dean on the other hand, now THERE'S band that's going places.

Lol have you guys heard about these talentless hacks from California?
I bet no one will remember them in 3 years.

Hey guys I used a time machine! enjoy this record!

The future lies in folk, my friend

Just saw this
what does he listen to Sup Forums?

Wait, how come blacks aren't making rock and roll anymore?

Big Band Jazz/Swing

This. I met my steady gal at a hootenanny.

>tfw wrapping her in my varsity jacket as we sing "Kumbaya"

>Blacks
>Make anything

A lot of negro singers have had singles on this "Mo-town" label recently. Seems like fairly niche sound though.

What the fuck is that?

>Commie pinko faggot music about >muh colored rights

U-uh hey guys, I'm forming a band, anyone go to cambridge and wanna play sometime?

What does he listen to?

Comedy album of the decade

Now I got no problem with negroes as long as they stay in their place. They're getting too uppity these days. Is it too much to ask that they stay out of my restaurants, out of my businesses, out of my neighborhoods? That Martin Luther King is stirring them up too much.
Also Bob Dylan is cool

Rhymed lyrics spoken over a beat stolen from another song

nigger music

Isn't it great that thanks to classy artists like Patsy Cline and Jim Reeves, country music will never be seen as trashy again?

>surf rock
>revolutionary
pick one

Brian you faggot get the fuck off of here!

Hey I play bass. Can you write anything? I can write a bit, but my lyrics are shit

I mean I've been trying to write some stuff, but I suppose some of your stuff isn't too bad

IT'S MY PARTY AND I'LL CRY IF I...

Let's be honest, surf rock is the most interesting thing to happen to rock and roll
>that reverb
>Middle Eastern/Mexican influences

Go down the list of 1963 hits and see how many of them couldn't be made today because not PC.

>She's a Fool
>Foolish Little Girl
These imply that women are capable of being in the wrong and making a guy's life miserable.
>Surfin' USA
Talks about surfing in downtown Manhattan. That's bad because it's making light of global warming.
>In Dreams
That candy man guy he's singing about is obviously a rapist.

GEORGE WALLACE 1964

>
>Go down the list of 1963 hits and see how many of them couldn't be made today

... is this a typo or something? It IS 1963. Buy a calendar, user.

JOHNNY DON'T YOU POINT THAT GUN AT ME

>She's a Fool
>Foolish Little Girl
It's weird just how much these are exactly the same song. I dunno who stole from who.

>mfw it's Judy's turn to cry

Judy should have gone with Lesley DESU

wait, how do I interact with this newspaper?

What's with all the big foreign-language songs recently? Some plot by the reds to de-Americanize us?

youtube.com/watch?v=C35DrtPlUbc

It's like a television, except it's in color.

Reminder that this is a #1 hit: youtube.com/watch?v=n295hjktHD0

Also it drives home the point of how, uh, quickly music changed. There was all of four years separating In Dreams and Purple Haze.

>be a faggot
>listen to Bob Dylan

that's not surprising at all

kpop thread?

waitin three years

Fucking gook lover get out!

Don't go down to Dallas.

It's 1964

>Listening to ALBUMS

Who even does this? LPs are for boring traditional pop music like Frank Sinatra. The format will never catch on for rock 'n' roll.

>Sugar Shack
More like shit shack

Mike is m a d

If it's 1963 why are there black people and women making music? Checkmate bitches.

>working a shit job as a pop songwriter
did lou actually dislike that job? I thought it was pretty cool

Awful song that somehow made #1 on the Billboard 100, but doesn't seem to be played anymore.

This. Albums are a fucking scam. Everyone rereleases existing singles on them and everything that isn't a single is shit. Plus it's more expensive and really big and inconvenient.

Please stop falling for this meme, you retards are gonna let this album shit become the standard.

Be True To Your School was a pretty big Beach Boys hit you never hear anymore either.

no it's not

Slightly off context but what are the best albums of 1963?

>Not supporting equal rights

IT'S 1963

>A song about school
What the fuck, that sounds dumb

Probably because it has nothing to do with surfing. A lot of stuff that was a hit in its day has not survived. I don't recall She's A Fool is remembered much anymore either, in fact 90% of people only know IMP and Sunshine, Lollipops.

See Before about '65 you're best off with greatest-hits compilations.

This man is right, nobody will be listening to rock & shit in 2 years, on the other side we are getting getting masterpieces like pic related.
It sounds a bit druggy, but everybody will be forming acoustic improvisational bands when this electric crap is over.

youtube.com/watch?v=4B7ypA1fSwU

Reminder that electronic music is the future. This is what everyone will be listening to in their flying cars' built-in turntables in 50 years.

Pop music was literally just singles back then with LPs being reserved only for jazz or classical recordings.

None of them, albumsfag.

There's still 3 months left in the year anyway, nobody can say with confidence.

>Before about '65
>implying albums will ever be a decent format

They're just gonna keep using albums to resell singles and fill the rest of the space with fluff, mark my words.

Rock musicians had been releasing LPs since 1956, but they were basically "the past year's hits plus some extremely derivative filler".

I bet music will be better in, say, three years

>this is not the 60's version
>It says Tornadoes 74
>What the...
>Are you from the future?

What is this fucking shit, Stockhausen already did everything decent that could be done with electronics, or weren't you alive in '56, kiddo?

Yes...it was just a hit single buffered by filler. Chuck Berry for example recorded over 50 sides with Chess during 1955-61, but most was just mindless lounge blues or phoned-in copies of his hits.

The fact that so many books will name the Beatles as "the greatest or most significant or most influential" rock band ever only tells you how far rock music will be from becoming a serious art. Jazz critics have long recognized that the greatest jazz musicians of all times are Duke Ellington and John Coltrane, who were not the most famous or richest or best sellers of their times, let alone of all times. Classical critics rank the highly controversial Beethoven over classical musicians who were highly popular in courts around Europe. Rock critics are still blinded by commercial success. The Beatles will sell more than anyone else (not true, by the way), therefore they must be the greatest. Jazz critics grow up listening to a lot of jazz music of the past, classical critics grow up listening to a lot of classical music of the past. Rock critics are often totally ignorant of the rock music of the past, they barely know the best sellers. No wonder they will think that the Beatles did anything worthy of being saved.

not the best version, fuck off

From the future here is something for the kiddies to enjoy youtube.com/watch?v=Uuwc6MzbB9w

I prefer those tomboyish Italian chicks. I'd bone the hell outta them.