Which of their albums are worth listening to and which ones should I skip?

Which of their albums are worth listening to and which ones should I skip?

Blue, Pinkerton, and White are essential

Green, Maladroit and EWBAITE are acceptable

Skip the rest. If you want more look into Songs From The Black Hole.

is white really that good?
blue and pinkerton are both all time favourite albums of mine and i havent wanted to listen to white out of fear of it being shit

It's really close to being as good honestly. Check it out for sure.

It's not bad, which is a big improvement over what they have been doing for the past decade. I'd say it's slightly better than EWBAITE and even Green. It's not even close to Blue or Pinkerton in terms of quality, but still worth a listen.

It's good, not as great as Blue or Pinkerton but it has moments of being almost as good. It's pretty consistant and has a strong Beach Boys influence.

The lyrics are decient even though they deal with the same old "Rivers has women problem" stories, but it's significantly less angsty than Blue or Pinkerton.

"Wind in Out Sail" is the best Weezer song since "El Scorcho"

pretty much this

You could skip all of them

Just wanted to step into this thread and tell you all that I love you.

I love you too, thank you user you made me feel a little better

White seems to me to be Rivers putting on a character to me. It doesn't seem autobiographical, but I think it's a good direction to go in because they've really already done what they could with that.

Blue
Pinkerton
Maladroit
Red Album bonus tracks
EWBAITE
White

Don't listen to anything else by them, other than early B-Sides or something, those are pretty good.

If you love Blue and Pink you'll definitely enjoy it

skip them all

Avoid Make Believe, Red, and Raditude. Everything else is worth a listen.

Red has some really good tracks though, mixed in with shit. It's pretty sad what could have been.

none if you have a soul

Looks like new man music to me. I'll be having none of that, I'm a traditional man myself.

listen to Blue, Pinkerton, Songs from the Black Hole and early Rivers' stuff (the Alone albums)

this

This post exactly. I have a soft spot for Red, but the six albums in this post are the only ones really worth listening to unless you're a superfan.

damn i guess i'm old. people are having to ask which of the weezer catalogue to listen to.

Red has The Greatest Man That Ever Lived, which is one of Weezer's best songs. And even Pork and Beans is fun in a tongue-in-cheek way.

listen to pinkerton if you're an angry manlet.
blue is ok.
the rest is shit

Just stick to blue, pinkerton, everything will be alright in the end(if you kinky), and white album.