>musictheory.net/lessons

Steve Vai's Ten Hour Workout
>mediafire.com/download/kzw6kjuocgicwks/Ten_Hour.pdf
Guthrie Govan's Creative Guitar 1 & 2
>mediafire.com/download/bn8803xzlrbds3b/Guitar1.rar
>mediafire.com/download/9uhtufuf3z9cx8m/Guitar2.rar

Impulse Response Pack
>mediafire.com/download/svtfxjtillrdwt8/Gods Cab 1.3.rar
>mediafire.com/download/4n28zkjw0zgmdj9/ASEM RECTO V30 L2.wav (embed) (embed) (embed)

--

>Advancing Guitarist - Mick Goodrick
mediafire.com/download/cvfno10fv4lf4a8
>Chord Chemistry - Ted Greene
mediafire.com/download/61n5op7eiifxztg

Others
>Mickey Baker's Jazz Guitar
mediafire.com/download/zq35xorj2iaqh22
>Modern Chord Progressions: Jazz and Classical Voicings for Guitar - Ted Greene
mediafire.com/download/oflu4wdwofhqqtb
>Jazz Guitar: Single Note Soloing Vol. 1 & 2- Ted Greene
mediafire.com/download/07o65qdh5in1nsq
mediafire.com/download/jmu86f7dj8bdxcd

Other urls found in this thread:

clyp.it/0gapo33b
kickstarter.com/projects/pratleyguitars/p-link-guitar-pickup-interchange-system
guitarsalon.com/store/p5095-loriente-quotcarmenquot-wpickup.html
boss.info/us/products/waza_amp_head/
youtu.be/T1lpDsAZKgU?t=8m42s
youtube.com/watch?v=eMe2Sfe8c9A
youtube.com/watch?v=t_sU2yeIhzk
youtube.com/watch?v=8KcCulfJEZA
youtu.be/MmjNIJ4YIFI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

New amp day lads, Dialing in some tones, this is what I'm working on right now. Also picture next to my 60% keyboard cause the amp is so tiny.

clyp.it/0gapo33b

I just ordered, a Behringer dd400, us600, and a moog expression pedal. Basically just starting my pedal board. I avoided overdrive/fuzz and that kind of stuff cus right now I just sim those on my PC and I want to get good shit when/if I actually purchase those things. The only thing I really wanted was whammy functionality and glitchy delay noises so I think I've got that covered. Any other suggestions for glitchy/gross sounding cheapo pedals?

Reminder that this game changer exists

kickstarter.com/projects/pratleyguitars/p-link-guitar-pickup-interchange-system

This already exists. Also, it's idiotic because so few pickup makers would offer it. Also, it adds a pointless expense to your guitar.

also if anyone knows of some 12ax7 tubes that really get good high gain? Thinking about switching the stock 12ax7 for something else that really gets good gain.

What's current product in the market with that usability?

>tfw trying to sell an amp on craigslist
>tfw open to trades
>tfw live in Colorado
>tfw some guy just offered me a bunch of weed and some cash

This is the only offer I've gotten in almost a month. Sh-should I take it?

Put your shit on Reverb. The cut they take is very reasonable and you flip shit pretty fast.

Don't sell your rig for dope m8. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if that's some cop trying to civil forfeiture your sweet rig.

If you want versatility just a versatile guitar to begin with and be done with it. Imho guitars shouldn't be this complicated or prone to obsolescence.

what genres are objectively cancer and why are they all metal?

As long as you avoid the Dream Theater-tier shit people like here it's pretty gud.

I'd put it on reverb but it's a 50W solid state that weighs almost 50lbs. I don't really want to deal with shipping that thing.

DSL15C or Marshall CODE for bedroom playing? Are tubes hard to maintain?

DSL15C is gonna have better tone overall, I dont like modeling amps.

The ultra gain channel sounds too fizzy, will an OD pedal sound good on the classic gain channel?

Wata is cute!

Should I get a Marshall JMP-1 or an ADA MP-1?

Has anyone ever heard about Made-in-Belgium Rick basses? A local shop has one on sale, but it has some glue shit on the neck joint.

its a tube amp, itll sound great.

THR10 or THR10C?

TH1CC

>Are tubes hard to maintain?

have you ever changed a lightbulb? if so youre pretty much set

Wow, didn't know you were supposed to bias your lightbulbs.

How do I bias a tube?

Depends what kind of music you play. The THR10 is probably more versatile, but if you only play on clean channels, go for the 10C.

guitar music is dead

thomann.de/gr/prs_se_custom_22_semi_hollow_ds.htm
YES/NO ?

>birb inlay

>square inlays
>dot inlays
>infinity inlays
>off-centered inlays
>star inlays
>no inlays
Smhtbh

Sauce

Rec me a good reverb pedal lads

That's nice. I would hit it

Shoegaze Reverb or Surf reverb?

This deal is insane for anyone looking for a nice flamenco guitar

guitarsalon.com/store/p5095-loriente-quotcarmenquot-wpickup.html

No one is disagreeing with you, but it's a great instrument and an excellent way to get into music, and music is an important part of a lot of our lives. Some of us prefer to get into it and feel it rather then listen to whatever electronic stuff is popular and convenient at the time.

>Tube amp
>Turn up the volume for that perfect crunchy sound
>Fiddle with the pre-amp for half an hour
>Finally get warm bass-ey slightly fuzzy awesomeness
>Begin to play
>Door opens
"Could you turn that down? You don't have to stop playing just turn it down please"

Nice!

I know, I bought a tube amp, and it has an awesome sound when turned up, but I'm way to self concious to play it loud so it stays clean. Thinking of getting a tube screamer, but I know nothing about it and not sure if it will help

Every. Single. Day.
or so it seems like
I love my amp, I really do. But unless I have the house to myself (which means almost never) I can never use it to it's full potential

Should have bought 1-5 watt amps.

Actually, my tube amp has an attenuator which allows for 1/4, 1, or 4 watt output. It's very handy, and I can easily get away with turning it up on the lowest setting. Great for an apartment.

Sorry, meant 1/10 not 1/4, doesn't feel like that big of a drop though. It's all in the math

Thanks for reminding my why I'm glad I didn't get a tube amp. My modeling practice amp has an awesome tube-y sound even at low volumes.

Had no clue boss had released this:

boss.info/us/products/waza_amp_head/

If it were not for the price tag I'd be willing to try it.

Jazz.

What's the advantage of having a head/cab over a combo amp?

WHY ARE THERE NO FUCKING BASS LINKS IN THE STICKY
IVE SAID THIS THE LAST 7 FUCKIGN THREADS
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

oh also
nice

Andertons made a demo for this. Sounds awful and the price is bonkers

>tfw I will never own one

>Andertons

Honestly, I would stay the fuck away from any instrument that has a dodgy neck joint, rick or not. What's the brand?

>Andertons
>good demos
I like the Captain, but Rob "cheap guitars are shit, gotta buy my overpriced garbage axes bruh" Chapman is a fucking trash musician with awful taste.

Are there any pedals that can mimic or execute a reverse reverb similar to the spx90?

yo whats the general opinion on godin guitars, anyone know?
looking a little bit on pic, gonna head to the local this monday to see if it gives me the right kind of tingling.

There's always the Epiphone.

Consensus of Standard J Fretless? Most likely going to grab one, as its the only 600 or sub fretless that isn't a Corvette (can't find any for a good price).

You can hate on Chapmeme all you want, the sound quality on their demos is decent enough to form an opinion on a product which is the point of a demo.

youtu.be/T1lpDsAZKgU?t=8m42s

Something like this?
Other than that pedal, I know the Line6 DL4 has reverse but... I find it to be rather shite. That Avalanche Run does it much better.

SX makes a fuckload of fretless basses

How much do they usually go for used?

t. can't shred

about $500-$600 last time I checked. The new ones have Gibson USA pickups though so maybe a bit more.

All jazz basses are good tbqh, only buy fretless if that's really what you want though

seems p. neat, but
>inb4 the price makes them less valuable than a used Epiphone/Squier on eBay

Dan Armstrong did this in the 60s. Still it's a cool idea the needs to be updated.

Anyone know of any good cheap ish wah wah pedals?

underrated post

Holy shit, I might need to get one. Gibson ES-295's been my dream guitar forever.

how much should i spend on a starter bass? is a bass from amazon an alright starting point?

How do I get that 60's psych tone /gg/? I wanna play like Leslie West or Jimi Hendrix. I know they used tons of wah and fuzz combined with Sunn amps

youtube.com/watch?v=eMe2Sfe8c9A

Hollow/Semi-hollow Epiphones are great do it

If you do look out for one with a serial # that starts with R. That means it was made in the Peerless factory and is noticeably nicer than the rest of Epiphone's lines.

they're a little thin but very very solid guitars for their price

whats the a good multi effects processor that can do a good delay, distortion and wah

Spend about $150 on an SX bass. There's a huge amount of difference in quality in basses of this price range, so check out reviews on talkbass before buying whatever you look at. If you can't find reviews anywhere but amazon, don't buy it.

>How long have you been playing?
8 year

>Fav guitars?
Fender mustang bass, Hofner violin bass guitar
>Fav guitarists?
jimi hendrix, eric clapton, gorge harrison,
>Projects?
The band just broke up, anybody in the chicago area want to start one?
youtube.com/watch?v=t_sU2yeIhzk

Zoom g5n

a Digitech RP55/RP360 or a Yamaha Magicstomp would do well IIRC

quick jewtube search | youtube.com/watch?v=8KcCulfJEZA

Line 6 M13 is one of the best out there for its price, they have different variants out there which feature the same software, just with less buttons or some shit. You'll need a seperate Expression pedal though.

Get a used Squier or Fender Mex. Used Squier Jazz bases are awesome.

Every single 'pro' demo sounds like shit, BOSS is trying to get into a market that they can't compete in, they should just stick with being the "Working Mans" brand for pedals + FX.

Less to carry around to shows, that's if you don't have to carry cabs around, 90% of shows I just take my rack there. Comes down to preference really.

cool, cool, thanks
i dont see many around, but that particular guitar did seem like a nice package with a nice sound as far as ive heard on the net

>Roland shits out an overpriced/overengineered amp head
>still doesn't bother with making a cost-reduced transistor amp (because muh $700 JC-40) that doesn't masturbate to 300+ useless amp models

would a di paf pro in the neck and a duncan dist be a good pickup combo for heavy metal ?

no you need emgs

The only bass guitar you will ever need

So I'm looking for a gigging amp head/combo in the near future. I have a modeling amp and it's great for what it does but I want a big, loud amp without digital junk in it -- no built-in effects, no amp models. Budget is under a grand. I dig the sounds of the Sunn Coliseum Lead and similar amps from the 60s but they're a bit out of my range. What should I get?

The hearing loss is worth seeing them live.

>not being a little bitch and wearing earplugs to protect your hearing

There is a difference?
>Shoegaze Reverb or Surf reverb

I'm about to pick up guitar again after a while.
I tried Justin Guitar but I'm a huge fucking babby that doesn't like the songs in the first levels and lost motivation like crazy so I want to pick up on Pebber Brown instead.
Where do I begin with his videos?

isn't that the guitar Greg Ginn used

(You)
would of fit right in with the rest of the little bitches at the show.

Tbh I've found live shows sound way better with decent ear plugs. You're an outright moron if you frequently go to shows and don't wear any. Enjoy your tinnitus and hearing loss nerds.

How do you play the guitar part at about 1:58? The part that follows the arpeggios. It sounds like he's just doing really quick slides and then jumping back up to the higher parts of the neck but I'm not entirely sure
youtu.be/MmjNIJ4YIFI

Saw them live a few weeks ago, it's was fucking amazing. I couldn't stop bobbing my head to Afterburner for the entire week afterwards. The crowd was great too

Saw them at Psycho and I could feel my hearing going down with the ear plugs on. Definitely louder than Electric Wizard.

And anyone got experience with this?

Yes, Shoegaze goes for more ambient and atmnospheric sounds while Surf Goes for a more plunky and crashing sound. Some notes in surf reverbs are supposed to sound like dripping water