ITT: Post you're most hated trend/practice in music

ITT: Post you're most hated trend/practice in music.

>People who sing in a tremory, strained whiney way, often done when playing acoustic guitar, often done when just covering a contemporary song slowed down for "emotional effect". I swear to Christ, is nobody else sick of this? Remember when people used to just sing normally when doing an acoustic song? It's considered "beautiful" by everyone, and 50% of people who get through on those shitty singing shows just do this, and it's only a considered great every time, it drives me up the fucking walls.

I blame ed sheeran.

youtu.be/o_bmQyYaCyM

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DsVMSv8Iz5s
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SofterAndSlowerCover?
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>musicians playing music
this really pisses me off

people aren't people, they're meatbags playing the character they think people will be most interested in. and then people don't even listen to music, they listen to what they think other people will be interested in them for listening too

society is a facade and a meme. just give up and listen to what you want

>Soaking your song in reverb in order to sheath a lack of talent

>massively overproduced pop song where pretty girl sings about overcoming adversity

You guys just described all indie rock, good job

>Ukelele cover
>whispery vocals
>Covering a song and "making it your own" by changing the tempo

Nothing patrician about indie rock anyway

>nigga I fukkin hard as shit
>fuck crazy street bitches gun police
>i killed all da niggas
>raped them too
>all this shit real, I describin my situation right here
>I da realist around, also dude weed

There is literally nothing wrong with the shins

I'm so over the production template that all trap / mainstream hip hop is using right now. Where it's all like little hi hats over a steady low bass beat. And then the lyrics are like purposely lazy and mumbling and slurred. Shit sounds fucking dumb. Hip hop needs to be dangerous, get rid of this shitty trend.

>band with no creativity or original ideas smashes together sounds from all the shit avant-teen crap they've listened to with half-assed pop melodies
Basically anything "psychedelic" or "experimental" on p4k. Also
>calling slightly weird pop music and muh noise muh drone muh ambient "experimental music"
Noise is a 50 year old genre, it's not experimental anymore. The avant-garde has become, ironically, very conventional and safe nowadays. Avant-gardeism isn't a relevant aesthetic anyways.

t. sam hyde

Those shows are garbage anyway, they only sing shit from like 2014 that no one cares about anymore and justin bieber songs.

im right there w you dude, cant stand that shit, doesnt sound emotional, just sounds gay as fuck, people need to learn to just hit the essential notes and stop doing that bullshit

jesus i hate when one of my friends does this shit on a piano, it's really fucking boring and it has nothing special about it

>>band with no creativity or original ideas smashes together sounds from all the shit avant-teen crap they've listened to with half-assed pop melodies
>Basically anything "psychedelic" or "experimental" on p4k. Also
>>calling slightly weird pop music and muh noise muh drone muh ambient "experimental music"
>Noise is a 50 year old genre, it's not experimental anymore. The avant-garde has become, ironically, very conventional and safe nowadays. Avant-gardeism isn't a relevant aesthetic anyways.

OH SHIT IT'S ACTUALLY TRUE!!!

Ukulele cover songs on youtube.

Bane of my existence.

This thread took me back to Everybody Wants To Rule The World by Lorde.

Why that got so popular anyway.

When he says yamu yamu yamu then yugioh

Check out Passanger. I pity those poor people without ounce of creativity

Why one of their videos has over 1,000,000,000 views?

They sound like the christian rock band i stumbled upon the other day lol

My old friend did this way be for Sheeran, and everyone who didn't see anyone better thought he was a great singer and inflated his ego and he kept it up everywhere, fucking made me want to nuke where I live. Fuuuu

didn't this kid do an alvin row cover or something? i thought that was alright

youtube.com/watch?v=DsVMSv8Iz5s

One of my homies is becoming the "fingerpick acoustic guitar with a capo on" guy and it's really fucking cringe but we work on music together so like I don't wanna say anything cos it's too personal

And wilco

huh? isn't relevant to what? why would that matter

fucking le quirky breathy voiced women playing a ukulele and singing an upbeat indie pop song made for car commercials

that was everywhere for years

He did, this guys a serious memerdog

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SofterAndSlowerCover?

It's older than Ed Sheeran. See: those fucking "Mad World" and "Heartbeats" covers.