One man...

>le relationships
>I broke up with someone again ;((((
>it's THEIR FAULT !!!!
yeah she's objectively shit.

my waifu

I unironically enjoy his music

buddy everyone loves phil collins

But user, pic related is the patrician version of him.

why would you think he was being ironic

duh

Because of the Patrick Bateman memes

youtube.com/watch?v=BOd6wYKKB9o

Comfy as fuck 2bh

Undoubtedly the best example in this thread. I'm actually listening to Kai-Koh right now.

Here's my second choice.

Fun Boy Three

youtube.com/watch?v=7aItpjF5vXc

Horse rat face.
I fucking hate this bitch.

watch her live performances and deny this

C+C Music Factory

kys

You must have misread, this is for objectively good music not shit

Hall & Oates
Phil Collins
Michael Jackson
Valerie Dore
Missy Eliott
Prince
Depeche Mode
Keith Sweat
Tears for Fears
Duran Duran
Paul Simon
Talking Heads
Stevie B
Shannon
Lisa Lisa & Cult Jam
Berlin
Roxy Music
Blondie
Don Henley
David Bowie

and these

youtube.com/watch?v=6h1seml_0U8
youtube.com/watch?v=9OFpfTd0EIs
youtube.com/watch?v=7-mE2ZB4wmU
youtube.com/watch?v=ItfyoMvJnx0
youtube.com/watch?v=G-1p6RhGTp8
youtube.com/watch?v=sRY1NG1P_kw
youtube.com/watch?v=KQDpW_mn0AU
youtube.com/watch?v=g6z_NfTe6SI

Fleetwood Mac
Michael McDonald
Billy Ocean
Flock of Seagulls
a-ha
New Order
Alphaville
Soft Cell
Spandeu Ballet
OMD
Kraftwerk
Bee Gees
ABBA

youtube.com/watch?v=NSOwvvMu3EQ

why has mainstream pop been so bad lately?

pop is supposed to be this more universal thing but it's not. it's a certain form and it seems to be kind of dead. it was born in its contemporary form in the 80s (and had a real renaissance then - genuinely good), had a resurgence in the early 00s, and seems to be just drained at this point.

Justin Timberlake

not pop, but yeah

wowhatacunt

Welcome to the end of music.

People are out of ideas. You can't go anywhere further from here. Everybody on this board is in denial but everything has pretty much been done and you won't find any more interesting music being made.

There's only so many ways you can combine instruments and vocals to create variations, and now that music tech has reached an asymptote, there's no more progress to be made.

what does Marina have to with that? she's not even mainstream pop

she is trying to be though. has that horrible sensibility too.

just awful.

(derp, but look at her tits derp!)

nonsense, there are always ways forward, people just have to look at things in a new way.

it's just that most people are cowards or latching onto the wrong worldview. 'postmodernism' (as an umbrella for a number of dead-end discourses) is a dead end though for sure, by nature. it's pretty much defined by the idea that nothing new can happen. how the fuck is anyone supposed to create when they're being fed that outlook?

there's a reason I reject post-marxist/feminist theories... they're anti-creative

Marina sounds nothing like mainstream pop, maybe electra heart but that album was meant to be generic electro pop, but i do agree on that she's trying too hard to be mainstream, she thinks she's more famous than she actually is, She thinks she's as famous as Lady gaga or beyonce eventhough she never had a Billboard 100 song and only 2 hit songs in europe

there are things about her sound that aren't exactly like a lot of radiopop, but there are still symptoms about it of something I judge mainstream pop for too, just pervading her thing as well.

it's a felt thing. I know it when I hear it, and I'm not impressed.

surprised no one has mentioned kate bush yet

>nonsense, there are always ways forward, people just have to look at things in a new way.

There just isn't though. There has not been tangible progress in pop music for years.

Basically progress ended around about Homogenic. There was enough experimentation on that record to showcase that now any sound could be made with enough computer manipulation and that you could do anything. And Bjork pretty much did do that.

Madonna has always kept pace with musical progression. She kept pace with house music with her early albums and then trance music with Ray of Light and Confessions, and urban "rnb" type stuff with Hard Candy.

Then she released MDNA and it was clear that she could not progress. Why? Where was there to go to?

The only recent actual music progress has entirely just been Dubstep, especially Brostep, and that was 5 years ago.

Death Grips represents the last stride forward I think. At this point music has become so scrambled and abstracted that there's no more room for innovation.

Consider your comment about postmodernism. What progress has there been in painting in recent years? Again, everything has been done. Every variation of applying paint in various styles ranging from representational to abstract has now been achieved.

It basically comes down to statistics. With enough people in the world, and enough technology, all ideas will be asymptotically exploited in art. The only progress to be made now in art will be in virtual reality, because this has added new possibilities to the way in which forms can be represented.

The same cannot be said for music. It is constrained by time, technology, scales and chord progressions which sound good, the amount you can fit in a track and the range of your hearing amongst other things.

There's only so many ways to change this and it is no surprise that there is such a slowdown in musical progress. There are no new genres being made today in truth. It has all reached this asymptotic slowdown phase.

I just don't agree. If you look at indigenous music, there all kinds of strange ways music can grow in different directions. Simply leave a culture alone, in isolation, to evolve in their own, and weird things happen.

This is why I'm so against globalization. It's homogenizing everything so badly. This had certain positive capacities for a while, but at this point the aesthetic result is incredibly, depressingly dead and drained.

There are standardizing structures in media and culture on a large scale that are keeping weird mutations from happening. Which is why I detest critics. They want to pull everything into their disgusting postmodernist frameworks that reduce everything drastically to certain terms, while at the same time disregarding anything outside such terms, preventing evolution. Critics should slit their wrists.

They're all terrible and she's an ugly whore

>Death Grips represents the last stride forward I think

Name some recent albums that have ideas that you think have never been heard before.

mon négro

Just think about: plebs complain that Grimes is too weird, too avantgarde, too out there. They also complain about her voice and her look. You have to be a patrician to get into her music for real. This is pop music for patricians.

Beach Boys 65-72 era

Great. He has a unique voice and his drumming is just something else.

And you're expecting pop to save the music and be experimental? That's not how it works.

She has talent but is too lazy to use it

>Mainstream pop star
>Avant garde
This must be bait.

>Mainstream pop star
>grimes mainstream, when she sold only 11,000 copies of art angels in the first week
Get your facts straight.

Just stop.

Because you can't handle the truth?

Eduard Hill

ELTON JOHN

Is this Crockett and Tubbs?

Carly Bea Jepsen obviously