Am I the only one here who doesn't give a fuck what anyone else thinks?

Am I the only one here who doesn't give a fuck what anyone else thinks?

I have no idea nor interest regards any single album in my library whether its critically acclaimed, where it charted or what Scaruffi, Christgau, Pitchfork or some twat from youtube thinks and scored it.

My ears, my brain, my life, why would anyone care what others think?

sometimes its interesting to hear other opinions or takes on things

autism is high in this thread

and yet you made this thread

if you really didn't, you wouldn't have made a narcissistic, attention seeking topic like this

kill yourself this instant

enjoy living in your meme bubble dipshit

How is a discussion thread on the topic making me interested in critics opinions?

why do i care what other people think about music or why do i care what other people think about my taste in music?

i listen to what other people say about music because you learn about music that way, and disagreeing with people helps you understand why you like what you like, which is sort of fun and edifying.

i care what other people think about my taste in music to a very limited extent, because it sometimes would make my life better if someone in it thought i had good taste.

i come to this site for exactly two reasons: to find new music and to take out my aggression on anonymous strangers.

anyway given that you made this post clearly you think it is a positive thing about someone if they don't care what people think. but then you are bragging, basically, and this is plainly self-defeating in the way people above are pointing out

you faggot

>i'm so individual i've never listened to anyone else's opinions in my life (unlike you plebs)
>what reason would i have to listen to someone's opinion but my own?
not a discussion, barely a call to discussion. that's just arrogance.

>you learn about music that way
In what way?

> to find new music
This isn't a requests board

>anyway given that you made this post clearly you think it is a positive thing about someone if they don't care what people think.
Literally how?

Try Reddit. They have lots of experts such as yourself.

>assumptions
>stupidity

The discussion is why do people put others opinions over their own. I never said I was special or individual.

So Sup Forums is just for drones who can't think for themselves?

>does anyone give a fuck what anyone else thinks
>continues to make a thread asking that to validate his opinion

>>continues to make a thread asking that to validate his opinion

My god, why are you all so fucking stupid and acting like I directly attacked you?

All I asked and wanted to discuss was the critics VS your own opinions and why do people pay attention so much to other peoples opinions?

Anyone would think I called your mom a whore.

seems pretty clear to me: people value hearing others' opinions because they get a different perspective on whatever it is. multiple people have said this.
and if you don't see how poorly you've worded your OP (if the goal was to create civil discussion) then there's literally no hope for you

Nothing wrong with my wording, you need to all stop thinking every thread is a personal attack on you.

This

you "I'm a unique snowflake" edgelord fuck, I'm surprised you aren't a tripfag

no one's taking it as a personal attack my man, you just come off as all high and mighty, like you think really highly of yourself. do you not see that?

How do you even remember to breathe each day being this fucking dumb?

>

you learn the facts about music (how it was made, relations between artists, influence etc), you pick up vocabulary and concepts that help you pick out specific, i guess, stuff in music that strikes you, and you can even be persuaded that something that bothers you about music is something that shouldn't, or that something you like about music should matter to you so much.

>This isn't a requests board
I don't even. You find new music because people post music and some of it you haven't heard already. Don't know what you are looking for here

>Literally how?
Find me one person who reads this post and doesn't infer that you think it is good to not care what people think

>you learn the facts about music (how it was made, relations between artists, influence etc), you pick up vocabulary and concepts that help you pick out specific, i guess, stuff in music that strikes you, and you can even be persuaded that something that bothers you about music is something that shouldn't, or that something you like about music should matter to you so much.
Thanks, interesting answer.

>I don't even.
If you happen to, fair enough, no one should be coming here to discover music though, thats not what the board is for

>Find me one person who reads this post and doesn't infer that you think it is good to not care what people think
Not my fault if the average IQ is under 20 on this board

What a special snowflake you are OP. I thank you for creating this thread so i can know your vitally important thoughts on this topic.

[spoiler]you're actually a faggot, fuck off. saged[/spoiler]

Again with the dumb cunts, this board is truly hopeless.

since you can't seem to understand why you are aggravating people, here is why. your post assumes that people 'care about what people think' in some kind of extra bad and unbecoming way. in fact, you even spell it out:
>The discussion is why do people put others opinions over their own
See, nobody does that (except insecure people and rubes). Critics influence you but mostly you disagree with them. Other people influence you but mostly you disagree with them.

So when you make a thread asking, basically, why are you guys such a bunch of rubes who let other people think for you, the response is going to be first of all I'm not a rube and second of all literally what kind of moron makes a thread asking why we are doing something that is both ridiculous and not what we are doing.

And people are mocking yo for being a special individual because it is assumed that only such a person would make a thread like this. That assumption is based on the intuition that you think you are better than people who 'care what people think,' which is certainly what I took away from your post. If I walked up to you and asked "Why do you let other people think for you?" wouldn't you assume that such a person thinks they *do* think for themselves?

So that is why you are making such a complete ass of yourself

Hilarious thread.

Totally agree OP and only reason to ever read reviews is to pick up on little things you may have just missed or not thought about, never care what ilothers score or rate music.

>look how much I don't care what you think
>look, quickly look! please look! I don't care! look!

kek

>no one should be coming here to discover music though, thats not what the board is for
i'm getting tricked aren't i

this plus the fact that his responses to being told this multiple times in the thread is "gee you guys are fucking stupid"

Sup Forums is a discussion board, not a requests board.

>all these hilarious butthurt critic drones

Is it still summer?

well if this was a troll thread it certainly got me. have a bump you little rascal, i'm mad as hell

He's right, this isn't a requests board.

Man, threads like this are the reason I don't use this board anymore. As well as the influx of reddit tier tastes

ITT: people who have filed their libraries with only high scoring p4k/fantano/scaruffi albums because they think it makes them "patrician"

pitchfork=cucked. you are right not to give a fuck about music. when i play i dontgive a fuck. listen to bleach by nirvana. think they gave a fduck? he kill because he started giving fucc

top cuck lel

edgy

you probably listen to kanye and chance the rapper btw

How is thinking for yourself "edgy"?

>he doesn't drone scaruffi