Imagine this shit would have been released today. It would have been (rightfully) ignored...

Imagine this shit would have been released today. It would have been (rightfully) ignored. So don't go around putting this in your top album lists unless you're one of those faggots that takes influence and zeitgeist into account.

almost all classics would be ignored if they were released today

your point?

I think this is a great album, one of my favourites, totally regardless of cultural context. It really is great music. I think the true greatness lies in the subtly excellent execution of its ideas rather than by wearing its bombastic artistry on its sleeve like albums that are popular on Sup Forums tend to do.

Imagine this shit would have been released today. It would have been (rightfully) ignored. So don't go around putting this in your top album lists unless you're one of those faggots that takes influence and zeitgeist into account.

This is a no pleb zone. Head over to /r/indieheads my new friend.

Imagine this shit would have been released today. It would have been (rightfully) ignored. So don't go around putting this in your top album lists unless you're one of those faggots that takes influence and zeitgeist into account

Conclusion: OP is a faggot.

Have a nice day everyone.

it was stylistically designed to be that way

I like this meme

their operation of "black exploitation" was not all that different from what Presley and the Beatles had done: 1. take black music, 2. remove the provocative elements, 3. enhance it with modern technology, 4. and turn it into easy-listening music for the white masses.

Wow, that's dumb.

kek

All classics are dominated when judging strictly by quality rather than influence. My point was that all of your top album lists have these classics and not better versions of what the classics did. Why does everyone on Sup Forums obsess about context and history rather than making up their own minds?

Care to provide an example? I think your thesis is totally wrong and that most albums we consider classics are simply picked by their quality alone rather than by any cultural context.

Deathconsciousness > Loveless

Now that doesn't mean that you will subjectively agree on Deathconsciousness being better than Loveless. The cultural impact of these albums has been imbued in many people's subjective enjoyment of the music. What I am saying is that if Loveless would have been released in the same year as Deathconsciousness, 99% would find Deathconsciousness better than Loveless. For more examples, substitute the following in what I just said:

And Their Refinement of the Decline > Music for Airports
Any modern ambient > selected ambient works

selected ambient works isn't ambient outside of i you fucking numbskull

>Deathconsciousness > Loveless
>And Their Refinement of the Decline > Music for Airports

jesus christ

deathconsciousness couldn't have even existed without loveless being made

Imagine this shit would have happened today. It would have been (rightfully) ignored. So don't go around putting this in your top attacks lists unless you're one of those faggots that takes influence and zeitgeist into account.

kek

lmao

damn lol

10/10

That is true. Influence is incredibly important for the progression of music. But my point was not about what a classic entails, but about its intrinsic musical quality.

>What I am saying is that if Loveless would have been released in the same year as Deathconsciousness, 99% would find Deathconsciousness better than Loveless

I thought this actually did happen today though

top kek

>Deathconsciousness > Loveless
no

deathconsciousness is trash

True. There have been advancements in electronic music that makes this obsolete.

True. The vast majority of music that is influenced by this album has further specialized into ideas explored by a particular track on this album (ex. increasingly ambitious post-rock adding more and more subtleties plus other additions to what Heroin introduced.)

False. It wasn't even that great back when it first came out. This album's given far more credit for having depth and complex textures than it actually has.

False. There's still no organic wall of sound done in music that's like Pet Sounds' wall.

True. Same reason as Ambient 1, but not only that is also nowhere near as influential as the Eno and Dub music stuff that came out around the same time or even before.

True. Breakcore albums really started taking the crazy percussion idea on this to the next level.

It was ignored compared to his previous works, so this one's weirdly accurate.

Semi- True. The best tracks on this really stand the test of time due to how weirdly...mathy the approach to funky post-punk is on it. But the other tracks would just be considered generic New Wave in today's age.

True. Government conspiracies are so common these days, attempting to melt steel beams with jet fuel feels like baby tier stuff compared to the likes of Big Pharma, Drumpf, and Crooked Hillary.

This is wrong. This is stupid. If this were the case, most people wouldn't listen to any albums that were dated and lauded despite their technical limitations.

1/1 is definitely timeless.

>deathconsciousness meme

The Tired Sounds Of > And Their Refinement of the Decline

HAHAHAHAHAHA

ad laudenum > the tired sounds of

Now honey thats just wrong.