How does Sup Forums feel about Peter Gabriel

How does Sup Forums feel about Peter Gabriel

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/o79eWwmMa5U
youtube.com/watch?v=G6jS-Y6yF8wa
twitter.com/AnonBabble

CLIMBING UP ON SOLSBURY HILL

an inferior male version of Kate Bush

Haven't heard this one. All I own is pic related.
Who's Kate Bush?

Are you baiting?

Nope

he's very good, that album is very good aswell

and btw kate bush is the woman who sings on "don't give up" check out her album hounds of love, it's pretty great 80s stuff

Car - 7/10
Scratch - 8/10
Melt - 10/10
Security - 8/10
So - 9/10
Us - 6/10
Up - 8/10

1980 > So > 1982 = 1977 > Others

So? more like So-so

youtu.be/o79eWwmMa5U

Such a good performer

I feel like he's an artist that my parents played too much when I was little, and I got very sick of hearing his music.

Love him. Best frontman for Genesis and his third self titled /melt is one of my favorite albums ever.

my pairnts did this to me except with the beatles. can't fucking listen to any of it.

His Passion album (or soundtrack) is fucking god-like.

grossly overlooked and redeems him as a great musician/comsposer

Did one for Birdy too. Super underrated

>tfw you find out Kate Bush sings the French part on Games Without Frontiers

I always thought it was just Peter Gabriel doing a gay voice.

Same thing happened to me accept with Phil Collins. To this day my dad still plays his Phil Collins Greatest Hits cd in his car.

Best thing he's ever done
it hasn't aged one single bit

YOU

Up is one of the best-mastered albums of the two-thousandths. I can't reverse engineer it like I often can, it's just fantastic work.

youtube.com/watch?v=G6jS-Y6yF8wa

he's one of my favorite people in music. I don't think I would care about Genesis if not for him

Yeah, I agree. Favorite song?
I enjoy all of them; but I enjoy "In your eyes" a little bit more than the other songs.

Also thanks. Any other songs you would recommend.

Fave songs from each of those albums?
Also how do they compare?

I see.

You reminded me of this hilarious shit

i agree with you, i just can't not love in your eyes
don't give up and that voice again are great as well

the sensual world is a good kate bush album too

Yeah I agree. Favorite song?
I enjoy all of them but I really like "In your Eyes".
Nice, are the others worth purchasing? Or should I go for a best hits C.D./Vinyl.
So is one of the better parts of 80s?
What don't you like about the album?
Does he still tour?
Yeah I got a couple of those like Aerosmith and some other I don't remember.
Describe Melt to me.

Also I haven't listened to too much of Genesis can you recommend some good albums to start with?

Is Passion an OST to a movie or is like "Interstella 5555" where it's a movie soundtrack?
Any songs from this album I should start with?
Any specific reason why. I'm genuinely curious, because I feel the same way with certain albums like Demon Days.

So I enjoy listening to different opinions that way I can learn how to describe them better.
Nice, any other album that has good mastering like this album?
If you could describe Genesis in one sentence what would it be?

never gotten much into his solo discography but I remember the sledgehammer music video blowing my fragile little mind when they put a snippet from it as a bonus feature on the dvd of Chicken Run

Melt is more of an pop and art rock album than traditional prog. Songs based on real events and concepts such as " family snapshot" and "games without frontiers" and "Biko" amazing song writing. Creepy moody tracks like "Intruder" and ,"No self Control" and "Dont remember". And fun rock songs like "through the wire". Amazing from start to finish.

I love him a lot, and I used to be obsessed with him, especially So, Us, Melt, and Foxtrot.

But he ended up being a gateway drug to Kate Bush. And Kate Bush turned me into a full-on chamber pop-loving faggot.