spin.com/2012/12/grimes-interview-2012-big-year/
youtube.com/watch?v=bIlLq4BqGdg1
youtube.com/watch?v=RZwtWExDmoI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Nice dubs Ms. Apple

post rare fionas everyone

she'll be fine

don't you dare rile the meme magic up

Better be nice to Grimes. She deserves that.

Why should I be nice to Grimes? Was she also rapped as a child? No? I didn't think so.

I don't like Grimes' music, but I don't have any beef with her.

But this is a Fiona thread, if your intent is not to be nice to Fiona then please leave.

bump

Why? Tidal was her only great album. The rest are just attempts from a drained talent.

Word, fuck this whore

No, but she was sexually assaulted some years ago. That incident inspired her song Oblivion. Be nice to her.

>tfw everyone loved the idler wheel at first
>tfw they stopped talking about it a month later

What a shit opinion, Tidal is literally her worst (still alright though considering she was fucking 18).

Idler Wheel > When The Pawn > Extraordinary Machine > Tidal

get out

Source on this?

objectively wrong

10/10 female

spin.com/2012/12/grimes-interview-2012-big-year/

>In your videos this year, you played with these clichés of powerful and powerless female archetypes. What was that about?

>I was interested in the Japanese archetype of a female protagonist who is very small and very cute and very physically powerful. You don’t see that archetype in America. But in Japanese culture, there are female characters who can embody this girl uniform and still cut someone’s head off with a sword. “Oblivion” embodies that kind of archetype, going into this masculine world that is associated with sexual assault, but presented as something really welcoming and nice. The song’s sort of about being — I was assaulted and I had a really hard time engaging in any types of relationship with men, because I was just so terrified of men for a while.

>Is it important for you to discuss what “Oblivion” is about?

>It would be intense if it were an overwhelming part of my image. I can’t censor myself; it’s really important for me to say how I feel. I needed to put out this song. I needed to make this song. I took one of the most shattering experiences of my life and turned it into something I can build a career on and that allows me to travel the world. I play it live every night. The whole process has been positive — engaging with that subject matter and making it into something good.

This is a Fiona thread, so this is my last Grimes related post here.

haha what the fuck look at those meaty claws

You do realize that just because Sup Forums doesn't talk about it doesn't mean everybody hates it. It's still my 2012 AOTY

Seriously though I'm so happy she's gotten healthy again. For those who didn't know the change:

youtube.com/watch?v=bIlLq4BqGdg1
youtube.com/watch?v=RZwtWExDmoI

Her voice also seems to have gotten a bit lower and grittier, it'll be neat to see what she does with that.

new album when

paperbag is a 10/10 pop record