New to Sup Forums

>new to Sup Forums
>already knew about MPP from a friend, dug more AnCo by myself and liked their artsy/noisy stuff unironically
>friend tells me about Sufjan, dig him and like his work, especially The Age of Adz
>come to Sup Forums to see how's it like
>get called a faggot who only listens to Sup Forumscore because that's what others listen to
>mfw I barely know what Sup Forumscore is

why

sorry for shit thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=s1X2b0kq9EE&feature=share
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

lol pleb faggot

you fell for the meme of listening to Sup Forums
go out and enjoy music for yourself, you don't have to justify your taste to a bunch of anons
leave while you still can

youtube.com/watch?v=s1X2b0kq9EE&feature=share

ironically this is when you should listen to Sup Forums

Already doing that. I'm using Sup Forums to discover new things. Found 'Sleep' and I'm digging their work now, thanks to Sup Forums.

It's just sad to be called a Sup Forumscore faggot when you listen to bands you used to listen even before coming to Sup Forums.

Mu core is mu core for a reason. It's popular and usually very good.
There are of course arseholes who will have a go at you for 'not developing your own taste' and 'following the crowd' but fuck them, listen to what you like and expand from there

>sad

How old are you

I'm not actually weeping over this, you know.

AnCo and Sufjan are trash

Why?

They say music is subjective.

>AnCo
tryhard and unoriginal if you know the context of their music and the fact that they just mash together every shitty indie trend into a steaming pile of shitty half-finished ideas
>Sufjan
muh whiny sad indie man :(((
pretentious and bland
Yeah that means that I can have an opinion too

lol this fucking tryhard

>tryhard
not a criticism
>unoriginal
their originality is overstated and their early sound is definitely tied to their early scene (black dice especially) but they use all their influences very cleverly and do end up with something unique
>they just mash together every shitty indie trend
what?
>half finished ideas
you're going to need to elaborate

>muh whiny sad indie man :(((
not a criticism
>pretentious
not a criticism
>bland
not really

t. p4k drone

>their originality is overstated and their early sound is definitely tied to their early scene (black dice especially) but they use all their influences very cleverly and do end up with something unique
no they don't

>t. p4k drone
not an argument and i barely ever listen to sufjan

>no they don't
ok den

>You
>Calling others tryhard
>He actally thinks that hating all music makes him have good music taste

I don't hate all music, just bad music

why do you think your preference is fact?

why are you so triggered by my opinion?

i'm triggered? no one told me
why are you coming in to threads just to say bands that people like are trash and then backing that up with arguments that basically consist of insults?

the whole uneccessarily hating on Sup Forumscore thing is mostly a meme. If it's done sincerely then it's probably some obnoxious avant teens who'll eventually grow out of it.

There are plenty of people on here who like those artists and are willing to discuss them, you just gotta learn how to navigate the board and what kind of things to ignore. Don't take anything on here too seriously.

lel how do I "argue" that a band is bad?

I'm just shitposting retard, if you weren't such a loser and a newfag you'd just call me a pleb and leave it at that because you seem to have no arguments
>hurr I love all music!!!! hating an album is bad!!! open mindedness!!

Sup Forumscore is a meme

It's mostly shit albums voted in ironically

mu is a really cool place. just ignore the negative people and im sure you'll have a good time. if you stay on here all day it'll get to ya, though. do you have a last.fm, op?

>how do i "argue" that a band is bad?
like this

The fact that so many books still name the Beatles as "the greatest or most significant or most influential" rock band ever only tells you how far rock music still is from becoming a serious art. Jazz critics have long recognized that the greatest jazz musicians of all times are Duke Ellington and John Coltrane, who were not the most famous or richest or best sellers of their times, let alone of all times. Classical critics rank the highly controversial Beethoven over classical musicians who were highly popular in courts around Europe. Rock critics are still blinded by commercial success. The Beatles sold more than anyone else (not true, by the way), therefore they must have been the greatest. Jazz critics grow up listening to a lot of jazz music of the past, classical critics grow up listening to a lot of classical music of the past. Rock critics are often totally ignorant of the rock music of the past, they barely know the best sellers. No wonder they will think that the Beatles did anything worthy of being saved.

In a sense, the Beatles are emblematic of the status of rock criticism as a whole: too much attention paid to commercial phenomena (be it grunge or U2) and too little to the merits of real musicians. Hopefully, one not-too-distant day, there will be a clear demarcation between a great musician like Tim Buckley, who never sold much, and commercial products like the Beatles.

Beatles' "Aryan" music removed any trace of black music from rock and roll. It replaced syncopated African rhythm with linear Western melody, and lusty negro attitudes with cute white-kid smiles.

Nah man, what is that?

I like how this thread turned from shit into an argument, more shit

Yeah, nah.

And the fact that you think that just proves that you haven't been browsing this place for that long.