Sup Sup Forums, have been playing guitar for around 10 years now...

Sup Sup Forums, have been playing guitar for around 10 years now, and I'm finally thinking about upgrading to a high end guitar, any advice, recommendations as to what kind? My gut go to would be Gibson les Paul but not sure yet

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wNiTyA371D8
youtube.com/watch?v=LRCIicyETNk
dreamguitars.com/new/ramirez/ramirez_1a_traditional_y7108/ramirez_1a_y7-108.php
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I suggest you put down the electric guitar and pick up a nylon string.

I like my Washburn j3, not sure if you prefer hollow or solidbody though.

unless you can drop 10 grand any gibson you buy will be trash get a paul ried smith or schecter

>look at me playing finger style OH BOY A CHORD IM SO EXCITED FOR THIS BAR CHORD GUYS

Depends what your budget is and what sort of guitar you want, a shred wank machine, an offset hipster wank machine, or a fedoralord edgetar

go get in your containment thread and stop clogging up the catalog with your inane bullshit

I would personally go for a gibson es-339. the one in the middle. build quality seems good and it has a sound and feel more like a les paul but distorts a little harder IMO. I think it's pretty cool. Give one a try in any case.

Go to a guitar store and try out the guitars. Of course if you do that you will realize the only obvious choice is an American Strat.

Don't listen to this guy OP, strats are shit.

Op, the only good advice is to try a bunch of different guitars and decide which one you want.

Asking other people, specifically strangers, what guitar you should get doesn't make any sense dude.

Oh fuck off, most of this board is barely about music in the first place. At least this is relevant.

Nice B8

The only two words you need to hear, OP.

Yamaha Pacifica. Now two more: you're welcome.

>anything I disagree with is b8

Man, I thought summer was over.

Nah, its just your opinion was so shit that it was mistaken for b8.

You should really get a Chapman op. They're some of the best guitars you can buy and they're very reasonably priced

>Unironically likes strats
>thinks his opinion matters

>Chapman
this. chapman guitars are so awesome

I have a MiM Tele and I really like it but I think if I change the pickups it would actually be a genuinely great guitar. I know nothing about pickups other than that Seymour Duncan is a brand.

Any resources or advice?

just get a chapman and be done with it

>fingerstyle bar chord
How about counterpoint, counter melody and reliance purely on skill over muh dadrock, tone and distortion.

>poverty tier (150 or less)
ibanez gio
squier bullet line
cheapo epiphones
thrift store finds (ymmv)

>decent tier (200-500
squier affinity, cv, vintage modified
fender mim/mij if you can get it
non-gio ibanezes
used lower end gibsons
chapmeme guitars (avoid at all costs)
pretty decent stuff in this range tbqh, go for something around here

>high tier (500-1000)
mia fenders
most gibsons from a few years ago

>bank breaking tier (1000+
custom shop anything, but especially gibson's and fender's
rare fenders
vintage stuff (only valuable because of muh collectability)

>what are you doing tier (4000+)
vintage gibsons and fenders (museum queens, everything joe bonamassa owns, etc)

pro tip: past ~500 you're paying for a decal on the headstock and maybe higher quality control

congratulations on the dumbest post in this thread so far

How come no Yamaha Pacifica in your list? They're such great guitars.

>dislikes David Gilmour
>dislikes Eric Clapton
>dislikes Jimi Hendrix
>dislikes Jeff Beck
>dislikes Buddy Holly
>dislikes Ritchie Blackmore
>dislikes George Harrison
>dislikes Alex Lifeson
>dislikes Pete Townshend

I've owned a Squier M70 for quite a time, and it's better in playability, tone, and tuning than any gibson and american fender guitar I've played.

My advice for you isn't to get this guitar, but to look for what's comfortable, solid and good looking to you, without necessarily minding the price.
Go to stores, try things, etc etc etc.

>Strats aren't shit because some good musicians used them

Buddy Holly is the only decent musician on that list.

This is stupid advice. Paul Reed Smith knows most people don't want to try out endless guitars so he just makes good ones that are ready to go the minute you pull it out of the case. If you want a perfect electric guitar right out of the box just get a PRS.
youtube.com/watch?v=wNiTyA371D8
youtube.com/watch?v=LRCIicyETNk

That finish is giving me a boner user...

American Strat is pretty much the only answer here, they play well in any genre. Gibsons are fucking expensive.

American Strats are fucking expensive too.

Not really

I consider over $1000 new to be fucking expensive.

Get a PRS ..!!

>$1000
lol, I blow that on cocaine at least three times a week. Are you being serious or are you just fucking around?

>t.Carlos Santana
Are you ready for the wall familia?

$1000 for a piece of wood with strings and pickups on it is fucking expensive. Anything over $500 is a meme guitar.

You're fucking stupid you're being serious right now. If you don't have a few thousand dollars to waste every month you need to get your ass in gear and not worry about dumbass shit like playing guitar.

keep in mind that maybe 1% of people who play guitar are mature/intelligent enough to comprehend those concepts

>not saving your money
>spending your money on a shitty guitar from a brand that's riding completely on brand name recognition

Newer Gibsons are built like shit desu, just a heads up if you get one because you might have to do maintenance on it.

I don't need to save money, I'm not working poor. You need to reconsider your priorities if you consider $1000 fucking expensive. You sound stupid as shit right now.

I consider $1000 expensive for a piece of wood with magnets and strings on it.

No, you consider $1000 expensive because you're fucking poor.

Or maybe I don't waste money unnecessarily just because I can.

very true.

Yeah, because you're poor.

I got a Fender USA Professional Strat (used) for $700

He's right you know. It's well known that the difference between an intermediate and high priced guitar is very minimal. There gets to be a point where you're paying for status.

>distorts a little harder

If they were actually garbage, nobody who regularly used them would be praised.

$1000 is intermediate. $1000 is not high priced at all.

Not true. A good musician can make basically anything sound good.

800$ is typically the starting price of intermediate it can dip lower.

Hey shitters, what kind of guitar you get isn't going to make you sound good.

Practice instead of jerking off over your sunburst finish, with super wicked electric tiger 4500 pickups

More like $800 to $1500 for an intermediate electric guitar. Which doesn't refute anything I said about $1000 not being shit when it comes to buying an electric guitar. Wait until this poorfag gets into professional classical guitars.

>what kind of guitar you get isn't going to make you sound good
That's the poorfag mantra right there.

>t. Probably one of the worst guitarists in the thread

LOL, okay well it's obvious you don't know a whole lot about guitars.

>poor fag
>professional classical guitars
dreamguitars.com/new/ramirez/ramirez_1a_traditional_y7108/ramirez_1a_y7-108.php

you fuckin' idiot

Buying an $1000 American strat isn't gonna make your shitty bedroom blues licks sound any better.

Yes it will.

No it won't. Your playing will still be shit even if you waste huge amounts of money on a meme guitar.

No, it will sound like shit
>projecting this hard
You're from /gg/ I know you're bad

Here's the part where you say
>I was only pretending to be retarded!!!

>it will sound like shit
No it won't.

Yes it will.

Buy used, buy something that's at least 15-20 years old, buy something that's going to be versatile.

Korean PRS SE, Gibson's budget models from the late 70s and 80s like the Firebrand and Sonex, Chapmans are trash for people who've never owned anything nice so don't buy into that meme.

>Chapmans are trash for people who've never owned anything nice so don't buy into that meme.
wrong

>chapmans are trash for people who've never owned anything nice
>recommends Korean PRS SE built in the exact same factory as chapman
fuck off dipshit

No, fucking trash for people that want to willingly give money to a grown man who refers to himself as "The Monkey Lord" and are just painfully average guitars with generally poor workmanship.

>and are just painfully average guitars with generally poor workmanship
Ask me how I can tell you've never even seen one.

That is true but how is the fit and finish of Custom 22s and 24s always so much higher? I've played enough of both day to day to have a broad measure of both brands, I'm no PRS fan boy either, I'm just speaking from professional experience.

Ask me how I can tell you've never owned anything somebody actually put passion into making.

>but how is the fit and finish of Custom 22s and 24s always so much higher?
cause your fucking stupid and believe thats true

>implying the factory that produces chapmans doesn't have one of the highest rated quality control departments in the entire guitar manufacturing industry

I don't just believe it, I can measure and quantify burred fret edges, entire fret jobs that need to be PLEK'd, B stock batches, cheap electronics, loose fits, blemished finishes, cracked veneers, dead pickups, badly cut nuts, terrible factory set ups.

>things that Chapmans don't suffer from.
Ask me how I can tell you've never even seen one.

You are deluded I'm afraid friend. Are you at all involved in the industry or just a bedroom enthusiast? I'm speaking with actual professional experience about the subject over the course of a couple of hundred Chapmans I've come across compare to the SEs I've experienced.

get one you think looks cool