Is healthy expensive in your country?

Please tell me the "healthy is expensive" is a meme for fatties. Brazilian here and just went for groceries:
>3 bags of chopped vegetables ready for consumption: R$9.00
>Sliced pine apple: R$6.00
>5 pears: R$5.00
>Kilo of flat iron steak R$14.00
>Kilo of sliced boneless chicken breast: R$12.00
>30 eggs: R$10.00

>A fucking BigMac: R$18.00
>A single sandwich on Subway: R$11.00

Do note that R$1.00=US$0.30

Also, how much are the groceries in your country?

>already chopped
>already sliced

do you have no hand

Are japs so spineless they can't tell the butcher to do his job?

Eating healthy is cheaper and easier but most people have been conditioned to eat fast food or claim they don't have time to make food.

Mostly they lack food making skills.

They also choose to eat meat and dairy instead of vegetables because they think their bodies need it every day.

fruits and vegetables are actually expensive in this shit country

Eating in general is very expensive in Canada, but yes, healthy foods tend to be more ecpensive than junk food, especially if you break it down as price per calorie and also foods with whole ingrefients rather than processed.

For example, I can buy a high calorie frozen pizza full of processed chemicals for $4.99, but if I wanted to make a healthy pizza at home using whole ingredients it would cost over $10. I can buy sugary bluberry muffins from the bakery for $3 or $4 a case, but fresh whole bluberries are as much as $6.99 for a small dish depending on the season.
I can buy a can of Campbell's "seafood chowder" made with 1000% of your daily intake of sodium and a bunch if chemicals for like $2 but that much milk and fresh seafood to make it at jome could be $20+

Depends on the season.

user , we live in the 5th biggest country on earth , we get sun all year round , we`ve got the biggest clean water reserve of the world and we`ve been top coffe producers for over 150 years . even though the government tries to fuck us with shitloads of taxes, buying good and healty food on brazil is super cheap.

>biggest clean water reserve

Our government tells us the same thing.

i`m counting the rains from the amazon rainforest.

We have so much clean water we pump it into the sea or we drown.

We have more fresh water lakes than every other country in the world combined plus a shitload of frozen freshwater in glaciers

>First world
>Can't eat properly
How's this allowed?

Fruits and vegetables are basically free here.

1.) It's cheaper to mass produce processed package foods than to grow and harvest whole foods

2.) I don't live in a tropical or warm place, the only fruits and veggies that grow here are apples (which are cheap), bluberries (which are very expensive because we only have white people here) and potatoes (which are cheap). Everything else must be shipped and imported at higher cost and are often only available seasonally

3.) Unhealthy foods often have a lot of calories and it would take much more whole foods to make up the difference

4.) Taxation

5.) I live in a rural area with only 1 large grocery store in a 200km radius, meaning they can charge whatever the fuck they like

6.) The only meat industry we have here is aquaculture, and seafood is always expensive no matter where you live (I bought scallops last week, they are $48.99 per kg)

fucking cheap.
Korean fried chicken and raw beef are over 10$
Korean frozen blueberry is 9$
Korean 5 pears are over 5$
is there heaven?
Korean

Meat and dairy is great.

>is there heaven?
>Korean
That's Finland you thinking of.

>bluberries (which are very expensive because we only have white people here)
explain this too

The Canadian Maritimes are all white, we don't have cheap Mexican labour like in the USA to harvest our fruit for low wages. I used to harvest bluberries and got paid $16 an hour (in the US they could hire a team of legal immigrants for $7.25 an hour or illegals for $5 or less an hour), they are then trucked to the factory by someone else making good money, where they are cleaned and packaged by more people making good money, then off to the store where they are put on display and sold by more people making decent wages, by the end of it blueberries cost quite a bit.

When minimum wage is $12 an hour shit starts to get expensive in a hurry

You lucky bastards.

We are considered the very poor part of Canada, in fact my province is the poorest.
Average annual income here is $59,000, whereas in Alberta it's $92,000
We have to recieve "equalisation payments" from richer provinces just to maintain our very 1st world standard of living.

I just can't believe i was born in this fucking shithole.

My mom makes a lil bit less than $25,000 anually. Fucking hell.

I'm sure the cost of living is much lower there too, also $59k might be the average annual income but you won't find much of that in rural areas like mine, most families in my area live on $30- $50k in a very expensive place and due to the predominant industries and climate here a lot of people are only employed seasonally.
Average mandatory bills per month here:
>internet, tv, home phone
$130
>mobile phone
$45
>winter heating cost
$750
>rent or mortgage
$500
>property tax
$100
>car payment
$250
>auto insurance
(Varies wildly by age) $45- $150
>fuel for car
$240
>food
(For a single person getting 2,000 calories per day) $500
>vehicle maintenance, registration, tax, licensing, inspection, legally required seasonal tires, etc
$50
>household necessities (soap, paper towels, shampoo, etc)
$100
>dental, vision, perscription medication insurance (these aren't covered in Canada)
$90
>ploughing in winter
$20 per storm, as many as 1 storm per week Jan-Mar

You can see how even if you only pay for basic life needs and utilities things can be very expensive, this is no savings, no loans, no credit cards, nothing frivolous except basic tv and slow internet.

What the fuck does your mother do, mate? I work and average of 20 hours a week and I get that and I don't even have a college degree.

Yep.
>Internet: US$40
>Mobile phone: $15 (but I don't really use it)
>Heating: nope
>Rent: $200 for a small flat in São Paulo
>Food: I can get by with less than $100, but it usually goes around $200 of fresh food

yea sorta kinda, depends on your country.

luckily eating healthy here is actually cheap, and probably the cheapest option. I think that's actually the case almost everywhere in the world except america and african countries where there's literally nothing to eat. so much that in many countries 'healthy food' is almost synonymous with 'poor people food'

I dunno lads what do you think?

Chicken + whatever vegetables you want. It's that simple.