Gonna start playing. This is what I chose and I'm curious what your opinions on it are?

Gonna start playing. This is what I chose and I'm curious what your opinions on it are?

>squire

You should start with a Yamaha Pacifica if u need a cheap guitar. It won't get you laughed out of anywhere.

Don't start with a Squire or Epiphone user, for your own sake and dignity.

Play a guitar that doesn't sound like shit and you'll be more likely to continue playing

guitar music is shit

Stratocasters are a good first choice, but squire is shit. Get the real thing instead. Fender standard stratocaster, made in mexico. Should be like $500.

As long as your guitar is comfortable, everything else is secondary

this

Hello nu-male millennial

>guitar music

Don't listen to this cunt rag.

If you're a total beginner, go with a good squire, like a classic vibe or vintage modified. Strats are very distinct from other major brands, and you would be in a better position if you bought a squire and hated it than if you bought a full-on strat and hated it.

Strats are better than squires for quality of parts and playability. As long as you get it set up right and take care of it, a squire should work well for you.

did you actually get the affinity version or the regular squier? the regular non-affinity is superior

just make sure you get it set up professionally... if you try and play it as it comes out of the box you'll probably quit

well seeing as you're very likely to quit in the future, buy something that you know other people will want to buy and keep it clean and treat it well.

squier is fine though. but get a more expensive one, bullets are actually trash. classic vibe is ideal, vintage modified is a little cheaper and still fine. I have been playing for 5 years and I generally prefer my VM 70s Squier strat to most Mexi Fenders I play.

Check your local used market because there are tons of early quitters or advancing players looking to sell their Squiers for dirt cheap.

OP the fag here. All these replies are good. I'm not going to quit, I love music and want to make some. I'm picking it up at a pawn shop, it's a Bullet, not sure about the Affinity/non-Affinity. I already held it and it feels so good. I'm excited.

I started with a bullet too (5 yrs ago). in some ways it's best to buy the cheapest damn thing you can when you're beginning because you can upgrade when you know what kind of style you will want to play. But it can be hard to WANT to play that guitar after a few months.

Still, I played the Bullet for about a year and probably haven't gone more than a month without playing since then.

>alright guys imma start playing the guitar! look at the guitar i bought! what should i learn first?
I have bad news for you, everyone who does this gives up a couple months into learning.

>learning the instrument that everyone else already plays

why

Squier's are fine, I own an Affinity Tele it's got a solid fretboard job right out of the box and I never really had to have it professionally setup.

The only thing I dislike about this guitar is it's electronics though it's a 200$ guitar so it's expected to have shitty pickups.

To be fair, I did pretty much the same thing and I've been playing for 7 years.

To be even more fair I've been at a barely intermediate level for about the same length of time.

Everyone plays everything already so I don't see your point here. I took an interest in it and I want to learn.

7 months in, teaching myself. I just discovered palm muting and its like the first day I started playing. Even though I've only been focusing on scales