Would you really rather live in a world where Ian Curtis never killed himself? Sure...

Would you really rather live in a world where Ian Curtis never killed himself? Sure, it would've been nice to see what else he could contribute to music, but I can't imagine a world without Bizarre Love Triangle, Blue Monday, and True Faith.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sU7J4xa5PUM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Honestly, he's probably glad he didn't hang around for all this.

I'd rather see what would have been next for Joy Division, I've never been really interested in New Order. I feel like everything Curtis would put out for however long he lasted, would be better than New Order.

He can't be glad he's fucking dead

How did he die?

Listening to Iggy Pop's shitty record too loud

Considering the massive improvement from UP to Closer, and the fairly good quality of Substance, I'd say I'd be very interested

Tragic.

If Ian Curtis didn't kill himself, U2 wouldn't be popular.

Brb, inventing time machine

Now I really wish he didn't kill himself

fuck

True Faith is a GREAT song ruined by the one guy that hit the guy with the ice pic on video

cringey facebook tier shitposting (no I dont like U2)

it was a tambourine

Fuck off, Bono

Pretty sure Bono killed Ian.
Good old I. Curtis was having a shitty day and decided to listen to an album he really liked, he probably gave Bono his adress since he thought he was a decent guy. Bono walks in and starts beating the fuck out of Ian and grabs him and puts the rope around him. Years later that guy with the shitty sunglasses is a pop rock icon. Sad story indeed

>there are people browsing Sup Forums right now that don't think Boy and War are solid-tier post punk albums

Pretty sure Bono wanted Ian dead. He wanted U2 to be the next big post punk band and Joy Divison was slowly growing while U2 was a shit band no one gave a fuck about.

Oh look, the U2 shill has arrived

U2 are pop rock, not post-punk. The fact that you even trying to associate them with JD is disgustigng.

because they're shit and they're not post-punk
now fuck off

youtube.com/watch?v=sU7J4xa5PUM

It was back amongst the living
Your smile was giving me a thrill
Enough to come so close to closing the deal
The steal of a century
A century stolen from our hearts to a house on the hill

But if that is what it takes
If that is what it takes
If that is what it takes
To be a stone, a stone's throw from your throne
No man has ever hung from the rafters of a second home
No man has ever hung from the rafters of a second home

It's true
I needed you more back when I was poor
The wealthy dowager, the patroness, she guessed it
The answer wasn't yes
But her maxims were fine
The ethos that flew about her mind
Like swallows in search of a burned-down bell tower church

But if that is what it takes
If that is what it takes
If that is what it takes
To be a stone, a stone's throw from your throne
No man has ever hung at the temporary age of 24
Both feet on the floor
Listening to the bonafide stasis of sound
The eaves dripping yesterday's ill-timed August rain
If there is such a thing as ill-timed August rain

Yes, I'd love to live in a world where he didn't kill himself. New Order is fucking awful.

you should kill yourself

This
You first

I should, but for other reasons. New Order just isn't my cup of tea. More power to ya for liking it.

Which New Order albums have you listened to? They're too good of a band to completely dismiss their entire output.

Never listened to a full album, what I have heard is not good, however. Not sure the names of any of the songs I've heard besides Blue Monday. My ears don't like it.

Imagine a world where Ian Curtis was still alive but sang lead vocals for all the New Order songs.

That would be terrible

Doubts Even Here.

Fuck New Order, Closer itself is better than all of New Orders discography.