So let me get this straight, having one fucking hit song 20 years ago is enough to get a documentary made about you...

So let me get this straight, having one fucking hit song 20 years ago is enough to get a documentary made about you? Fucking shit. These guys are are a disgrace to rock. They're more soft rock and pop anyway.

>"the band that defined an era"

just fucking lol

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_Distance_Left_to_Run_(film)
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>being this jealous of Oasis that you keep making this same thread

wew lad

name a better american band, pro tip you can't

>jealous of Oasis
What is there even to be jealous of?

He's just mad. Probably a Blur fan.
Oasis did not have just "one fucking hit song". Like them or not, they did define the 90s rock-sound.

Girl In The Dirty Shirt and Magic Pie are the best, btw.

brokencyde

>Oasis did not have just "one fucking hit song"
Really? Name some others.

Some Might Say
Don't Look Back in Anger
D'You Know What I Mean
All Around the World
Go Let It Out
The Hindu Times
Lyla
Importance of Being Idle

all went to number one.

>all went to number one.
In fucking ENGLAND where you can literally sell 10 copies of a song to get on the charts. Literally who gives a shit. They only had 1 song chart in the Top 40 of the Billboard Hot 100 here in America.

I just named two great songs, but as far as I remember: wonderwall, don't look back in anger, do you know what I mean, roll with it, cigarretes and alcohol, some might say, live forever, all around the world (featuring johnny depp if I remember), stand by me, champagne supernova, stop crying your heart out.

Those were all top 10 worlwide. Supersonic wasn't even a hit.

>The Incredible true story of the band that defined an era

That's a bit much for Oasis to be honest. . .

I mean they're literally the "We really really like Beatles, so much that we sometimes have George and Ringo's son play with us because we really really like the Beatles"

>Those were all top 10 worlwide
I didn't realize that England, Ireland, and fucking Canada comprised the world.

Brits make better music than Americans this is a fact

The strokes

this.

Literally what fucking "era" did they define? They weren't even that famous outside of Wonderwall. It was more because they were known for being controversial and fighting.

mate the albums alone sold more than 60 million worldwide.

oh, that's only the full releases, not counting EPs, compilations, live albums etc (those sold as shit too)

>doesn't know that they couldn't chart because lack of physical Americuck special edition
:^)

Off the media hype from one big single. Seriously. Wonderwall is the only lasting resonance Oasis has.

what the fuck are you even talking about.

DIDNT THAT ONE FAGGOT THINK HE WAS THE REINCARNATION OF JOHN LENNON, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>popular everywhere
>except the US

Is America truly that patrician?

they couldn't even chart with most of their singles on the Billboard because they didn't release an American edition of their single. They had the original release only, the brit one. Even so, they got in with radio time,and have six or seven top 40 there

>they couldn't even chart with most of their singles on the Billboard because they didn't release an American edition of their single.
That's their own fucking fault then. Maybe they realized that America didn't like them.

>Even so, they got in with radio time,and have six or seven top 40 there
That doesn't count. Nobody listens to the radio. It's all payola anyway.

That's what I'm saying, shithead. Their singles sold like water in America, but they weren't on the kikeboard.

Did anyone actually buy their singles though?

No, I think the band bough them and threw into the sea.

The only people i heard talk about oasis is tumblr core high school girls, and that was wonderwall. But i constantly hear people talk about nirvana, and dad rock. Oasis was a pathetic band.

HEY HEY HEY DOWN BOY DOWN DOWN DOWN BARK BARK DOWN

HEY BUDDY

OASIS IS FUCKING GREAT OK
OK?
ITS NOT JUST A HIT SONG
ITS A FOOKIN MOVEMENT MATE
A M O V E M E N T

CALL ME WHEN A BLUR DOC COMES OUT

OH WAIT
IT NEVER WILL

>Oasis was a pathetic band
Works well for English bands

0/10 pasta

Oasis' only fanbase is tumblr-browsing teenage girls and gay/pussy nu-males who are into that angsty whiney soft acoustic shit.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_Distance_Left_to_Run_(film)

I don't even like Blur but god you're fucking retarded

HEY HEY HEY BUDDY HOW ABOUT YOU GO SUCK A AVANT COCK OR SOME SHIT IF OASIS IS PATHETIC

How much they sold
How they were the most successful indie label band of all time
how they inspired a generation
how they got M A D pussy
how their songs are amazing

Thank you boi

And Be here now is VERY underrated

Supersonic, literally every single on Be Here Now, Live Forever, Don't look back in anger, literally every single on WTSMG

Oasis was massive and hyped up WEW LAD BLUR FAN DETERCTED

>CALL ME WHEN A BLUR DOC COMES OUT
>OH WAIT
>IT NEVER WILL
Haven't there already been several Blur documentaries though? That one after made when they reformed got nominated for a Grammy.

>Supersonic
barely made the top 40 in the uk, didn't chart in america

>literally every single on Be Here Now
3 songs from Be Here Now were singles, they went Number 1 or 2 in the UK because of sheer hype, those singles didn't chart at all in America

>Live Forever
#11 in UK, didn't chart in America

>Don't look back in anger
#1 in UK, #55 in America

>literally every single on WTSMG
3 other songs off that album were released as singles, one went #1 and two went #2 in the UK, in America, only Wonderwall charted (#8)

BUT NOBODY CARES ABOUT THEM
WHY?
BLUR IS SHIT THATS WHY
PH PH PH
I SPIT ON BLUR

Nigga, nobody cares what you think

Meh, most of oasis inspired a great deal of shit in "rock" today so there's that.

Be Here Now is my favorite album, have it since childhood.

montie montie montie come quick unty stole your trip

Not really. The only big band they really heavily influenced was Coldplay.

excuse me?

>literally googled
Who did Oasis influence?
Many bands and artists have cited Oasis as an influence or inspiration, including The Killers, Arctic Monkeys, The Enemy, Elliott Smith, Lily Allen, The View, Drake Bell, Hurts, Coldplay, The Strokes, Maroon 5, The Coral, Ryan Adams, The Kooks, The Rifles, The Pigeon Detectives, Keane and Kasabian.

Wow, looks like the entire Indie movement!

oh montie i'm so glad you're here

as you can see by that post that """you""" posted, it's obvious that unty is using your trip. this is identity theft at its worst.

>they decide to make a Oasis doc instead of one on MBV

>The Killers
not surprising
>Arctic Monkeys
again not surprising
>Elliott Smith
literally how
>Drake Bell
lmao
>Coldplay
yup
>The Strokes
doubtful, but possibly
>Maroon 5
yup, irritating pop rock inspiring another irritating pop rock band
>everyone else on the list
literally who

Ryan Adams is BFF's with Noel too. Basically all of Brit music post 99' is influenced by Oasis.

So that's why it's been shit for so long

wew lad