Going to start getting into his ambient stuff, because I listened to rhubarb and loved it. Where should I start?

Going to start getting into his ambient stuff, because I listened to rhubarb and loved it. Where should I start?

saw 85-92 of cours

>rhubarb
why wouldnt you just listen to the album that's off of

thanks, i started with vol 4 at random, and it's amazing so far. and saw 85-92 is supposed to be better than this? That's insane, this guy is great.

yeah i'd say SAW 2. 85-92 is great, but it's not as ambient as 2. If you liked rhubarb you'd like the stuff on 2.

saw 2 is his only true ambient album, listen to gas - pop and then william basinski's disentegration loops for a start (after saw 2 of course)

that's a good call
I don't think I've met someone who didn't into Pop

SAW II all the way brah. Otherwise I'd go SAW III followed by SAW 85-92. SAW IV was kind of a bust desu.

Honestly Selected Ambient Works 2 is insane. There's so many great tracks but for some reason the whole album really puts you in the mood for them. It's definitely something you have to sit down and listen to.

I was reading an Aphex Twin Interview and he said he puts lots of effort into the sequence in which the songs occur on his albums. I think this stands out most on SAW2, as far as I can tell.

what the fuck is saw 4
is this real or just a joke, cuz if it's a joke it's impressive

>RDJ was 21 when Blue Calx was first released

fuck

i miss the soundcloud dump

>william basinski's disentegration loops
>gas - pop
This is also fantastic. I tried to get into ambient music for the longest time and couldn't, it just clicked now. It feels like I met a long lost relative

>disintegration loops
you know he finished those on 9/11 ? What a coincidental recommendation

yeah, its really good too, I feel like its 9/11 status overshadows the actual music too much
ambient is one of my favorite genres, its just too comfy, especially late at night or those really early mornings.

i dont get this.

this

>sams car
>katiacid

I dont know, but i really like it

Huh

My fuck do I ever as well.