Why do SJWs hate this album?

Why do SJWs hate this album?

cuz its just a pop album with only a bare handful of servcieable hooks, heavy-handed performances and songs that seem very thrown together. pretty much every one of them has a verse or bridge or whatever that shouldn't be there at all

Since when is "pop" a criticism? Bowie was pop as well. Make a solid argument instead of using buzzwords, faggot. Might as well call this "pretentious".

also because "music nerds" mythicized its backstory which led them rank it over similarly bland but still clearly superior 90s guitar pop bands like third eye blind, failure, incubus etc

its not, im saying its not successful at being a pop album
"buzzword" is a buzzword

>le objectification
they have this problem with a lot of emo because a lot of emo is about girl troubles. only now it's bad because the scene is starting to get filled with em.

also
>SJWs don't like pinkerton
>they don't like Sup Forums either
>pinkerton is basically Sup Forums: the album
coincidence? i think not.

it's got some questionable lyrics
like the one where he wished a girl wasn't a lesbian so he could fuck her
still better than blue though

>Sup Forums: the album
you're right it's musical shitposting

>over similarly bland but still clearly superior 90s guitar pop bands like third eye blind, failure, incubus etc

>Buzzword is a buzzword
You just used another buzzword then.

>third eye blind, failure, incubus

think about it, the album is basically "depressed weeaboo masturbates: the musical"
fucks sake, el scorcho is about evangelion, rivers was trying to send us a sign man

>third eye blind, failure, incubus

Besides falling under the vague 'alt rock' genre these have very little to do with each other, let alone Pinkerton

Fantastic Planet is a grunge offshoot with space rock influences and Third Eye Blind's s/t is an underlooked power pop gem (more comparable to Blue Album Weezer but minus the nerd a e s t h e t i c)

>underlooked
Jesus. Underrated. Or overlooked. No idea what the fuck happened here. The point still stands

why do qt indie chicks like this album

cuz it's catchy pleb shit

but it has the same problems as pinkerton doesn't it
albeit pinkerton is a bad album and violent femmes is a decent album

idk maybe they just hate weebs

Because weezer is so white

Broken down kitchen at the top of the stairs
Can I mix in with your affairs?
Share a smoke, make a joke
Grasp and reach for a leg of hope

Words to memorize, word hypnotize
Words make my mouth exercise
Words all fail the magic prize
Nothing I can say when I'm between your thighs

>SJWs hate this album
When did anyone actually say that? Or is it just your boogeymen imagination?

Says who? The only fanbase that album has is made of weak pasty betas

It's an edgy punk album for people who don't like punk and like pop

anyone with taste hates that album you fucking plebasaurus

>weak pasty betas
Literally a perfect description of the aut-right.

>implying

>el scorcho is about evangelion

IT'S AN ALBUM ABOUT FUCKING WHITE MALES

>OH THE REDHEAD SAID YOU SHRED THE CELLO
>AND I'M JELLO

El Scorcho is not about fucking Evangelion please stop

I'm just memeing, you wad

Except it literally is, Rivers confirmed it himself on that forum from the early 00s

>GOD DAMN YOU HALF JAPANESE GIRLS
she is a quarter but it's close enough
>I'M A LOT LIKE YOU, SO PLEASE, HELLO, I'M HERE, I'M WEIRD
asuka and shinji are a lot alike and want affection and are pretty weird kids
like p o t t e r y

Oh, that forum. Of course.

Don't call me that

Delete your post please

>the madman

Literally a well known thing if you're not a complete casual. The same forum where he had constant meltdowns about how awful Only in Dreams was and how the Green Album is a perfect pop album

I don't have the links to hand but it's well documented, search the archive or something you shithead

Maybe in future he/she will think about the impact of his/her words before making such crass statements

only one kind of impact goin on ITT

What do SJWs have to do with Pinkerton? Never heard of them having an opinion on it

My ex-gf loved the shit out of this album, though she liked Blue better. She also was a massive feminist, worshipped buzzfeed, you get the picture.

Given my experience with her and her kind, I'm assuming it's because it's essentially "straight white guys" the album.

Because it attempts to romanticise pedophilia

In what way?

The girl Rivers is falling for narratively (most notably in Across the Sea, also El Scorcho and Falling for You) is based on his real feelings for a 14 year old fan.

In other songs he sings about his disillusionment with adult relationships (Tired of Sex, No Other One) while in The Good Life he fetishizes youth ("I don't wanna be an old man any more")

Finally things come to a head in Butterfly where he can't bear the guilt any more and literally admits to rape ("I'm sorry for what I did/ I did what my body told me to/ I didn't mean to do you harm")

It's literally pedophilia: the rawk opera

Because sings about pulling his meat to a picture of his nearly underage japanese fan. Clearly a misogynistic track.

failure and incubus are pretty bad but third eye blind is pretty good so I respect your opinion

>el scorcho is about evangelion

Care to elaborate?

Songs from the Black hole is better

so what if Rivers is unlikeable at many points in Pinkerton? a lot of the best narrators in music&literature--I think Pinkerton's lyricism definitely qualifies as literary--are unlikeable to differing degrees.
I really doubt Rivers wants us to sympathize with him 100% of the time. It's a successful portrayal of deviant/deparate romantic. an asshole. they're songs about pining but they have depth and detail to them, it shares that with other albums that approach romance in a similar way, like The Meadowlands, or Change/Emergency & I by The Dismemberment Plan.
Rivers clearly has self-awareness, because he wouldn't play the songs for so long. I mean, you have to be self-aware to write about his experience as well as he did. it's sad that he lost a lot of it as an extreme reaction against Pinkerton, but the work still holds up independently, author's presence be damned.

(I'm not anti-"SJW" and I think it's kind of pointless to mention it in the topic, like we could still have a good discussion on Pinkerton without it)

The fuck is going on here?

>tfw huge emo fan
>have been for years, try to keep up with new releases, support bands on bandcamp and so on
>entire fandom is super fucking left wing, sjw leanings and so on

Fuck me, being a right wing fan of emo music is pure suffering

iktf

>guitar pop

It may be pop in the technical sense but it's still more dissonant than third eye blind and likes

>lile this album

You mean they like blister in the sun, they really don't care about any other femmes songs

This thread has really made me think