Is this finally confirmed as an irrelevant title?

Is this finally confirmed as an irrelevant title?

Yes

thanks Sevilla

It's equivalent to coming in the top 4 in the Premier League, so it's not completely irrelevant but its obviously not elite either

It's absolutely not equivalent.

It's better than 4th because it gives an automatic group stage entry and it's always a trophy so it's better than 2nd and 3rd place as well.

it has more prestige now that teams actually have a reason to try and win it

UEFAspana's way of gifting 5 CL places to the sunny SPL

t. Manolo Lama

its a trophy in the same way a bronze medal at the special olympics is still an achievement.

It'll get more relevant now that you win a Champions League place.

Any manager who doesn't prioritise winning 13 randomly drawn games to get a CL spot over playing 38 games over a whole season to get into the top four is a mong.

Look at Sevilla. 7th in the league but didn't lose once in the Europa. Clearly prioritised it and now they're in the CL.

So it's some trophy against no trophy at all.

No matter how little you value it, it's still worth more than 0 trophies.

>A team that has a value of 3.17 billion beat a one that barely is 200m in extra time
>HURR DURR IRRELEVANT

Go back to watch el Chiringuito Paco

>Texan reading comprehension

t. Lopera

No es más que una competición de cojos y tuertos.

I'm convinced that Leicester only won the league because they only had to play ~42 games this year. If a team is competing for Top Four, and they probably are given that they qualified for the EL in the first place, they'd be idiots to take it seriously given what a huge, draining commitment it is compared to the minor hope that they win it all.

I wouldn't even fill out the paperwork and let somebody else have the spot, frankly.

Is Sevilla, as EL winner, the 17th or 33rd best club in Europe? I have always said 17th, since 16 teams get past CL group stages. My wife's son says 33rd, because the CL group stages start with 32 teams.

He is bigger than me, so I am scared to argue with him, so please tell me the answer.

xD

xD

>mfw Liverpoop fans were hyping up the EL as the best European competition before the final

Lel silent now

If any of you are familiar with American college basketball, a Europa title is worth as much as an NIT title instead of an NCAA title. You get a trophy, but it's meaningless and after 6 months, nobody outside the winning fanbase remembers who even won the thing.

It's worthless. There's no point bragging about a second-rate trophy. Kind of like the Confederations Cup in international soccer. Who gives a shit?

Not as prestigious legitimate as top4 in the EPL thougg

How is this any different than the champions league?

t. palangana

it's the champions league for the lesser clubs

This. Liverpool were robbed.

It was never relevant in the first place. If a complete no mark team like Sevilla can become the most successful champion in 10 years aheasd of the historically best teams in Europe what does that tell you?

Poor man's champions league.

Lopera please back to jail

Hey how is Liverpool doing?

How many UEFA cups did Barcelona and Real Madrid win? I imagine a high amount considering it's such a prestigious tournament

Real Madrid won two. Barcelona won like five Cup Winners Cup

CL became too big both in money and teams participating and strangled the UEFA Cup and now the Euro League is like the unloved retard brother that lives in the basement.

That can't be right 2 sounds extremely low for the 2 most successful clubs in the world. Surely they'd have put greater priority into winning the most prestigious trophy

Liverpool won three UEFA Cups, Inter won two or three, Juventus same, Chelsea won one. It's not THAT irrelevant I think.. Bayern won it aswell I think

You also have clubs that have never won fuck all in their own country but still managed to win the europa league, that's never happened in the champions league

>you now realize that n.forest is the only club with more cl titles than league wins

It's relevant given most CL teams (and all EPL teams, etc.) have infinite money.

It's like the proletariat's trophy against the aristocracy's trophy.

You're wrong in every sentence