Rio 2016 Hype Thread and Event Ranking

Events I'm most Hyped for.

1. Womens Football (soccer)
2. Indoor Women's Volleyball
3. Women's Golf
4. Archery Female
5. The shit water swimming event.

What events are you most excited to watch? If they had webcam streams of lost tourists being murdered in Favelas I'd rank it #1.

The tourist mugging event should be good.

the 50km walk

>heat
>zika
>favelas

dey gon die

>not the unborn babies catching horrible disease event

opening ceremony

SURRA DE BUNDA GALORE

Walk Race

100m

> in certain venues, Olympic athletes are “almost certain to come into contact with disease-causing viruses that in some tests measured up to 1.7 million times the level of what would be considered hazardous on a Southern California beach.” In December, a second round of tests showed that the Olympic waterways teem with viruses and bacteria even far from land.

> An associate professor of public health at the University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston and an expert in water quality, conducted what she called a "conservative" risk assessment for Olympic athletes participating in water sports in Rio, assuming they would ingest 16 milliliters of water, or three teaspoons — far less than athletes themselves say they take in.

> She found "an infection risk of 99%," she said.

> "Given those viral concentration levels, do I think somebody should be exposed to those amounts? The answer is no."

> The AP also measured fecal coliform bacteria, single-celled organisms that live in the intestines of humans and animals. Fecal coliforms can suggest the presence of cholera, dysentery, hepatitis A, and typhoid.

> In 75% of the samples taken at the Olympic lake, the number of fecal coliforms exceeded Brazil's legal limit for "secondary contact," such as boating or rowing — in two samples spiking to over 10 times the accepted level.

NINETY-NINE PERCENT INFECTION RISK

WE WORLDWIDE SICKNESS SREADKINGB OWL NOW

THANKS BRA7i1 SHITSKINS

Glad I live in a backwater far from an international airport.

4x100m Freestyle Relay

so we can rekt the aussies and burgers again

everything else is irrelevant

they cut funding like crazy for the opener

The City of God director is in charge and even he said its gonna suck shit

It's funny, they have to take injections / vaccines / antibodies before the race even starts because they know they are gonna be fucked up.

They have to cover themselves in some special coating too.

It's the Death swim.

>cycling
>triathlon
>rugby sevens
>handball
>boxing
>canoeing slalom

Could your career survive boycotting this?

are they gonna give Pele the stage like EA did at E3?

Womens basketball, womens weightlifting, womens ping pong, womens badminton and womens track and field/walking are what i'm most hyped about.

>making up stuff
He didn't say that and he isn't in charge of anything, you fucking fatass.

Oscar-nominated filmmaker Fernando Meirelles ('City of God') is a creative director of the '16 Summer Olympics in Rio.

Meirelles said the budget would be sensible. “It will be 10 times smaller than for the London 2012 opening ceremony,” he said. “It does not make sense to be extravagant in this moment that the country is facing. It will not be a high-tech ceremony, it will be high-concept.”

“We have a very interesting concept for the opening, but it won’t be an extravaganza like Beijing or London,” said Meirelles, one of three homegrown filmmakers tapped to serve as creative directors of Rio de Janeiro’s August 2016 ceremony. “Our budget is 20 times less than Beijing! So we’re really struggling to be consistent, with no money.”

1. 50km walk - aka. the Death March, going through favelas and a hot as fuck country will be based to watch
2. Football - top Sup Forums meme potential
3. Weightlifting - Who doesn't want to see North Korea fuck everyone up and get another gold?
4. Table Tennis - Loads of fast-paced action
5. Golf - new event, interested to see how it goes

Shoutout to women's gymnastics, always fun to "watch"

Archery - So I can laugh when that faggot Crispin Duenas chokes again
Handball - My biggest surprise enjoyment in 2012
Golf - Spieth posting

And of course Death March

the zika likes the stagnant waters

was it actually good

Ski cross was the amazing hidden gem of Sochi.

They need summer events that involve mass wipeouts and have regular fatalities.

no way in fuck i would participate in anything open water

I have a bad feeling death march is gonna suck this year

What made part of it so fun was that no one was really expecting it to be so great. Now it's a fucking legend on Sup Forums and even some of Sup Forums. All I see happening for it this year is autistic meme spouting

no handball?

R U G B Y

Every single fencing event.
Racewalking
Weightlifting

>going through favelas
And they're worried about zika?