I have a meting with a label on friday and I'm trying to get signed

I have a meting with a label on friday and I'm trying to get signed.

I'm bringing some photographs, a completely finished album a music video and bios. Essentially an EPK.

However, I have a full CV of everything I've done in music: qualifications, a list of every gig ive played and who with, software I'm trained to use, mixing desks and synths ive used. A recording, mixing and mastering portfolio. Is this CV something I should bring with me as well?

I'm not sure how formal this meeting is going to be. I've never experienced a meeting of this sort before and I'm unsure of what would be acceptable to present and what would be odd.

Any insight would be much appreciated.

TLDR; have a label meeting soon and want to know what would be stupid to bring up while trying to get myself signed

I've no idea, I'm sitting here in my pants. You sound very prepared. I think relax a bit and be the confident likeable person you obviously are.

Wear a buttplug, it will keep you relaxed.

You seem set my man

Name of label?

Could you mention me please?

and if you could just say there's this bloke on Sup Forums as well, it wouldn't hurt

Best of luck user, sounds like all your credentials are in check and you are well prepared. You've got this in the bag

Do you have a phone number I could make an appointment with?

Okey, faggot. I'm gonna get you through this.

Wear something thats formal but not too formal. A nice button up shirt, white or black, a plain, good fit jeans. Take your cv and portfolio with you. Why not play live for them with an instrument or something? Do something different and take the initiative.

Open and confident posture. If they're bussinessmen talk formal. If they aren't then don't. Smile and be passionate and spontanious.

Hope this helps, nigga

or if you give me an email address?

Also,

>Commercial music
Lmao

So basically you came here to humblebrag

I don't feel like I have anything to brag about. I secured a meeting not a deal.

sellout

You seem too organized, do you have a manager? Being this clued up may scare them and they'll bring in tougher negotiators. It's a dance of war OP. Whoever cracks first loses.

You are treating it like a job interview, it isn't. Just be professional and lt them know you don't talk shit. Not too formal, they don't want to think they are signing a nerd after all. Wear whatever makes you comfortable. Know your enemy. These people are not your friends.

Wtf I thought you'd only have to send a demo tape to them or make them notice you

I would like to make a living out of what I like to do. Sue me.

My lack of manager is probably the reason for the over organisation. I want to give myself the best chance though so thanks for the advice.

Just say that I'm ready... they'll know what you mean OP

Nope, try making about 12 albums, building up an internet fanbase (local isn't enough anymore unless you are a rapper) doing gigs shows all of it. Be all over social media. Get Drake to give you a cosign or kendall jenner to play a song of yours on your snapchat.

Shit ain't the 90s no more.

Take it just in case. It can't hurt to seem prepared, right?

dont sign to a label retard if they do give you a deal its gonna be a 360 and you get 0 publishing do it independent