Would listening to every track sampled on this album be a good introduction to jazz?

Would listening to every track sampled on this album be a good introduction to jazz?

no

Absolutely not.

Well you could at least say why.

No way

Yes

no

Maybe

I don't know

You fucking white, pasty faggot. I can feel the goddamn turkey sandwiches radiating off you like anger radiates off the black men you stepped on the skulls off so your milky, pussy ass parents could buy you the comfy suburban home and cd player so you could listen to music that you could never appreciate anyway.

Just listen to Workin with the Miles Davis Quintet, probably

There's no shortcuts, listening to the sources is equivalent to just picking random records from blue note's archives.

It's better to just take the conventional route. Look up a jazz chart or something. Or start with Mingus and Horace Silver, the two most accessible Jazz artists imoo

Whoah there dindu, somebody piss in your corn puffs?

Sadly this is true, i feel dumb

Story of history. The strongest win.

no

Yeah. I would definitely check out Grant Green. Honestly, I don't really get why so many people are saying you shouldn't check the sources. It might not be a textbook introduction to jazz, but if you like it then it's a good introduction to jazz, is it not?

Hell, I got into jazz because my dad would play the soundtrack to A Charlie Brown Christmas nonstop during the Yuletide season. It's not like that I'm permanently jazz-handicapped because I didn't start with a flowchart

fight my champion

Are you voting for Trump tho
Would Miles vote for Trump? I haven't read much about him but surely a jazz man would know a psychopathic neocon isn't good.

It wouldn't be a bad way to get into it. Anyway that makes you interested in the music and wanting to go more is a good way.

That being said you're gonna kinda miss some context. Most music rock, pop metal, folk ect. follows similar structures of verse chorus. Since you know this and expect it certain things kinda make sense, especially when people intentionally don't do that. A lot of jazz post 1960 and especially past the 70's relies on you knowing certain things about how jazz is traditionally performed so you can see how what they're doing is different.

I might no be explaining the point super well, but basically jazz like any style of music works in context and a lot of jazz past a certain date lacks a lot of that.

Listening to some 50's or 40's-bebop stuff would help give you more overall context to the music.

>trump
>neocon
don't be a babby

Don't listen to these people, it would be a great way to get into jazz. It would get you into some pretty obscure and pretty well known stuff, along with being a more unique way of getting into the genre than just a chart.

Charts exist for people who want to try out jazz but don't have a clue. Listening to jazz isn't a disciplined art like practicing; it's just a fun pasttime like god damn.

If you like the albums sampled on The Low End Theory you will like a lot of other jazz and probably end up checking out the genre staples eventually; if you don't, then hey you tried. I say go for it

don't bother; people who enjoy hip hop rarely ever truly appreciate jazz

I doubt he would vote at all

You could also follow this chart

What a stupid thing to say. People who enjoy hip-hop are more likely to enjoy jazz if anything.