1. Your nice country

1. Your nice country
2. How well-known is Band of Brothers in your country? What do people think of it? What do you think of it ?
3. When will we finally get a nice eastern front version?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BWAhVbayGv4
youtube.com/watch?v=VcMk85ZsBh0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

bump

Band of Brothers is one of my favorite mini series. I don't know how well known it is here, but probably not that well. Pacific was ok but lacked all the great characters.
Eastern front series already exists. It's called Unsere Mütter, unsere Väter

The battle parts of Unsere were nice but the cuck shit was overdone.

vump

Well known among war fans, I found out about it because my friends dad bought it on DVD

>flag
>Well know, fantastic, fantasic
>Would prefer British version first

Flag
Very well known
Absolutely fantastic

>BoB is 15 years old

Favorite episodes?

I'm partial to Carentan, the one with Blithe, and the one where Bull was separated from Easy.

U FOOKIN WOT M8

I didn't believe it at first, it came out in 2001, I though it came out in 2008 or some shit

One of my favourite series to be honest. It still holds up to this day.

>I was 6
Makes sense, I remember my parents telling me I wasn't old enough to watch it when it was on the BBC.

I was in the military at the time. Everyone at my unit watched it over the course of a couple weeks but I was the lowest ranking guy and ended up with watch duty at that time. I still haven't seen it yet.

That's a shame. You should really watch it though, it's pretty good. Only Generation Kill and Apocalypse Now are better war movies/tv shows.

Black hawk down is good too.
youtube.com/watch?v=BWAhVbayGv4

The only other good thing David Schwimmer appeared in.

the one where spiers hosed those nazi scum pows

>Black hawk down is good too.
lets stay serious itt

I would have thought it was too violent for BBC and would be aired by channel 4 or sky or something instead.

It's staple intti series, so pretty well known

Delet this

the BBC have 4 channels for different demographics, also uncensored past 10pm iirc

>intti
what did he mean by this

Its quite well known here i would say.
Dont know if generation war would be an 'eastern front version'

>One of the most accurate war films in the last 30 years
>Not serious

>that moment Winters wanted to go help but had to hang back because of his high rank

It's a subtle moment but made me feel feels deßü

The bastogne ep with the louisianan medic.

>that moment when Winters orders Speirs to take command and Speirs does so instantly without reaction

>not realizing youre watching 2 hours of propaganda
>enjoying blatant glorification of US militarism
Cant really blame you

Generation Kill is the superior series.

> sunblessed
> pretty well known, (y), I liked it. It was a lot better than the Pacific which I think was by the same people.
> idk, did you guys check out Over There? similar type of thing set in Iraq. It was okay, had some pretty shit characters in it. The second time I watched it through I fast forwarded every moment that that Beau dude with one leg was on screen.

Tell me about the propaganda?

>BHD is propaganda and not kino

bastogne was the best imo

pretty well known I'd say. my fav tv show, rewatch it annually

Flag.
I've never heard of it, foreign movies and series about WW2 aren't really popular in Russia, sometimes they even get banned here.

Russia
It's famous among the circle of war movie fans, yet wide public is not as familiar with it.
Never. Western production series will be biased towards germans. Russan-produced series would be diseased with perestroika and post-perestroika revisionism and idiocy.
The good soviet analog would be The Liberation (1968-72).

Because many of them are total bullshit like 2006 Joy Division

flag

idk, idk, i liked it, one of my favourite tv shows

dunno about tv shows but Come and See, Ivans Childhood and Cross of Iron are all great movies about the eastern front

I wish someone would make a good post-soviet movie about snipers. It seems like the only probably good film is The Battle of Sevastopol, which I have to see later

Enemy at the Gates

Awful shit. Music was nice though.

Never heard of it. All american military movies just seem whoosh whoosh "God bless america" a flag in the bacground, people claping and crying. It is far away from the level of french, british or czech cinematography.

pleb shit, I'd rather rewatch this or they fought for their country

i liked the pacific better

Military service. We all go through it unless we're incredibly fat or retarded.

Well known here, we used to watch it when it first came out on dvd and my friends dad bought it.
I liked pasific too.

>All american military movies just seem whoosh whoosh "God bless america" a flag in the bacground, people claping and crying.
It's not really like that at all.
youtube.com/watch?v=VcMk85ZsBh0

Is Vlcie diery a good movie?

Well, it is very good but very old too, so you see a lot of flaws coming from those time's facilities.

BoB was good but like saving ryans privates it degenerates into american propaganda. They portray a ami:kraut kill ratio of like 1:20 and make germans look stupid and incompetent. Furry or whatever with pitt was worse. Everything was portrayed to make Americans look good. Unsere is better overall.

Plenty of Americans die, just not a lot of the main characters because they survived in real life.

Never seen it, but since it is an American movie about WW2 I already know that it is hilarious garbage.

>Band of Brothers
Glamour patriot movie. Bueeeeee....
Pacific better.

Come on. Kelly's Heroes was fun to watch, for example.

Never watched it, and I doubt others did.

So I guess not well known at all.

You seem not to get it...it takes time ...